“Convenient, clean, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,050 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Convenient, clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend. The location is excellent, right opposite the Gare du Nord, with a Metro stop right outside the door. The corridors and bathrooms are a bit tired and could do with some money spending on them, but the beds were comfortable and the rooms spotlessly clean. Our expedia deal didn't include breakfast, but there were several places to eat within a couple of minutes walk, all of which were cheaper than paying for breakfast in the hotel. Our only niggle was that we went to the hotel bar for a drink on Saturday evening, and were told that it closed at 11pm. As it was only just 10.30pm we thought we'd have plenty of time to have a drink. However, the girl serving obviously wanted to get away early, and asked us to leave at 10.40pm. Incidentally, signage in the lifts state that the bar is open until 11.30pm! However, this wouldn't stop me returning to this hotel; in fact I'd definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Paris.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel which the receptionist assured us was the quieter side. We he...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MPTN7, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Gues,

I would like to say that I really appreciate your last sentence and the fact you would « definitely stay here again next time in Paris » even though we literally tried to « push you away » from the Bar…

I cannot apologize enough for that happening and rest assured that I have personally spoken to the person who was on duty that evening to ensure that it does not happen again. You are quite right, the bar’s official closing time is 11.30pm but we do, on occasion, close it slightly earlier. Nevertheless, there are many ways to convey that message to the guest and the one you were given is certainly not at the top of my list, to say it mildly.

I really look forward welcoming you back in our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to personally deal with your reservation. Additionally, I will be very happy to offer you a drink in our bar whenever is most convenient for you. Yes, even late in at night.

Best regards,

Alessandra Nanni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The location is fantastic good for transfer. We travelled from Paris to German. As a place of one night stop, the location is very convenient. Only one min you can access the train and metro. I spent one afternoon doing sightseeing in Paris and then went to German the next day by train. This hotel is within my budget and room is okay. The staff there speaks good English also while sometimes in France hotel are not many people speaks good English.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great location
great reception and service, everyone is polite and helpful.
The breakfast is good and generous with a good service.
the only not so great comment is that is the room that I had was dark and the main light did not work. the bed was good..
the TV set is from the last century...
the amenities where minimalist for a room of that price.
a great location but i will look for a more modern and clean place next time

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Located at the front of Gare de Nord its location is the best if you are planning to take the train next day, however if this is not your case you better stay in another area, this one is not nice during the night.

Regarding the service I'm very dissapointed with the fact that after checking out I noted that I left an item in the safety box; I called just one hour after leaving the hotel and they said I have to wait until 3 pm for the house keeper. When I called again they didn't know what I was talking about and after insisting they told me nothing was there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MPTN7, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found our location in front of Gare du Nord ideal for your stay and I thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment.

As concerns the items left in the safe of your room, I am sorry if you were asked to call twice, this is not our habit and rest assured that I will follow this up with the service concerned.

However, I would like to inform you that we have a very strict procedure as concerns the safes, which can only be opened either with the client’s code or by means of a special key which is in my office.

I would be delighted to check this matter more in depth if you contacted me personally and let me have the details concerning your stay and the item left.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again and kind regards

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I like this hotel. It's small but charming. We went to Paris for the weekend from London and the Garedu Nord train station is right across the street. The Metro (or tube) entrance is directly in front of the hotel. We found our smallish room simple yet clean and attractive and relatively modern in design which surpirsed me and the King sized bed was very comfortable. A small desk and chair with coffee/tea making supplies and brewer was supplied as well as reading lights over each side of the bed. There was a large closet for clothes and a small dressor. The bathroom although somewhat showing the age of the hotel was a good size and clean. There could have been more towels though and a better quality. The Hotel is surrounded by wonderful cafes steps away which we loved. The staff were very friendly and it's a popular hotel so we would stay there again. But a little word of warning. My mother left her make-up bag on the bedspread when we checked out by mistake. When we went back and inquired no one had seen it. We saw the chambermaid in the hallway making up the rooms as we left. As it stands for any hotel, make sure you double check you haven't left anything behind when you leave. For a long stay I might choose another hotel with a full sized restaurant inside but for a couple of day's this hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back with the window opening into the courtyard. No view to see but very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your nice words about your stay in our hotel are highly appreciated by my staff and by myself, and we are particularly proud especially when it comes to cleanliness, comfort and staff friendliness.

On the other hand, I am surprised to read about the loss of your mother’s make-up bag.
I have a deep trust in my staff since they have shown in numerous occasions their integrity by always returning items left by guests and moreover because they were often of much higher value.

Therefore I would appreciate if you contacted me personally to let me know if in the meantime you did find the bag, perhaps packed in the wrong suitcase, which I do hope. Otherwise I will gladly check further if the missed items have been registered in our Lost & found logbook and for some reason our maid was not aware of it when you asked her.

Alessandra Nanni

Been to Mercure Paris Terminus Nord? Share your experiences!