“good value” 4 of 5 stars

You added Studio Hotel to your Saves list
Studio Hotel
25 rue Alain Chartier, 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #872 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Burnaby, Canada
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We enjoyed our 3 day stay at the Studio hotel very much. The location is very good being within steps of the metro stop but also with lots of local cafes and shops right there. The room we had #208 was recently renovated and ideal for our needs. The only slight negative is it still smelled of the paint but we kept the window open at night a bit and it kept it fresh. The shower room was new and very clean. The staff was very very helpful to us which is always a big plus. There is ongoing renovations but we were fortunate to be there over a weekend with no activity so it was a non issue with no workmen on the job. I found the wifi to be unreliable but that may have been more my device than their wifi. The price for Paris was terrific and we were pleasantly pleased with the value received and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room did not face the street and yet we could still hear some street noise especially one night...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment.

Yes, unfortunately, the smell of "New" is present in the renovated rooms.
The effort was made on the comfort and use of space, without "frills" to continue to be a budget hotel.
On WIFI, I could know the manipulation to do with the type of computer you have.

CADIN Cédric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Came to Studio Hotel last year and came back because of price and location. Easy to get to from CDG and Metro station just seconds from hotel entrance. Room even better now that it's been refurbished. We'll be back next year.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.
I'm glad you enjoyed the first improvements, I hope welcome you next year, the renovation will be completed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Studio Hotel is the place you are looking for if you are on a budget, want friendly staff & a great location for a great price. The rooms may be small, but the bed is comfortable. The shower is small but the water is hot. The rooms are clean & tidy, what else do you need. They are doing renovations at the moment (the finished product looks amazing), but it didn't worry us at all. The Metro station is only a 200m walk away & there are plenty of places to eat. A self catered laundry is only a 5 min walk away. We will stay here again WHEN we go back to Paris. And tell Cedric we sent you!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Many thank you for your nice comment.
I really hope to welcome you again.

Warm regards
Werribee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you are looking for a budget hotel, in a great location for a great price, Studio Hotel is for you. Yes the rooms are small, yes the shower is small and a little challenging, but the water is hot, the rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable, what else do you need. They are doing some renovations but this did not impact us at all, they did not start before 9am and they finished at 5pm. The Metro station is only a 200m walk and there is plenty of places to eat. We also found a place to do our laundry only 5min walk away. We will stay here again if we get back to Paris

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear,

Thank you for your comment.

Ongoing work will enable the bathrooms to be more practical and comfortable.
I hope you will have the opportunity to come back to see the improvements.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The first morning we were awoken at 7:30am with construction in the room next door. That evening, we returned to a room that wreaked of cigarette smoke. We do not smoke, and it make our throats sore and gave us headaches. The rooms are dingy, very much in need of remodel. Lastly, we looked out our window and there was a couple having sex on the street below. Disgusting! We checked out a day early the next morning. Hopefully this place will improve after the remodel. It has a lot of potential for character and is also close to Convention station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello ,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.
I'm sorry you have not enjoyed my time here. Work begins at 9am in the morning and end in the late afternoon.
The prices are very attractive for the location, just off the metro, Paris
The entire hotel is non-smoking, despite the ban, some clients do not comply, I'm sorry the first.
On the pair of lovers, this is not the neighborhood, I could see myself the same scene.
As you have seen the ongoing renovation will improve the comfort and services, while keeping an economic offer.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I visited in the beginning of April.. Is a small hotel but very well located.. Right near convention metro.. Which is near the major metro stations which will get you ask around Paris.. There are nice cafes just across the street and a lovely boulangerie as well.. The staff.. Pauline n cedriq were extremely helpful and some English.. So that helped.. They were very helpful when it came to the metro lines.. By far a very reasonably priced hotel for the convenience of location and as far as amenities f go.. It's a 2 star hotel but very clean and completely worth the price

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Studiohotel, Propriétaire at Studio Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Jafferhussein,

Thank you for your comment.
We always do our best to make the stay of our guests going well.
I hope the rest of your trip to France was also fine.

I hope I have the opportunity to see you again at Studio Hotel

Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I traveled with my boyfriend to Paris last month (March 2014). We booked this hotel because we wanted something reasonably priced with privacy and we were definitely not going to get that in a hostel. The Studio Hotel located in the 15th arrondissement (district) is in a great location and conveniently located right next to the Convention metro stop. Which believe me, in Paris, its great to be near a metro because thats all you'll use to travel around. Its located in a section in the city that's not bombarded with tourists but not far from it either. The staff were all really kind and respectful. They really tried to speak in English, since I only, unfortunately, know really basic French, but I really wish I could have made it more convenient for them by speaking in French.

The room was a basic room with no frills but I didn't mind it so much. The bathroom is small which was ok for me but my boyfriend, who is tall, had a little issue with it but it wasn't a big deal. The room doesn't have A/C which wasn't too much of a problem for the time we stayed but I can imagine that in the summer months it would be inconvenient. However, we were told by a staff member that renovations would be made within the year so maybe that will change. The hotel also offers a small breakfast for 7€ but we never tried it. The TV in the room mostly only has French speaking channels but it was fun to watch.

Overall, a great experience at the hotel. I definitely wouldn't want it to change too much with the renovations because I feel the hotel has character the way it is, but regardless, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Comments like yours are always enjoyable to read.

The hotel is equipped with air conditioning, winter heating and summer it refreshes it.
The renovation will allow me to offer more comfort and services, while keeping the current spirit that our guests feel "at home".
Studio Hotel a budget hotel stay, despite the investment (hundreds of thousands).

I hope to welcome you again
CADIN Cédric

Been to Studio Hotel? Share your experiences!