“ideal location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Floridor Etoile

You added Hotel Floridor Etoile to your Saves list
Hotel Floridor Etoile
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 avenue des Ternes | 17 Arr., 75017 Paris, France (Batignolles-Monceau)   |
Ranked #1,094 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We are a family of two adults and two children (5 and 7). We have been in Paris several times before and really like the area around Arc de Triumf and 17th arr. Searching for quadrouple rooms were not too easy but we ended up in this hotel. We did not take the breakfast in the hotel but it was not a problem, lot's of breakfast opportunities around the corner like pomme de pain and Starbucks. I would say a 2 star hotel, no more but it definentely fullfilled our purpose with it's location. Affordable 4 bed room. Free wireless internet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Let me walk you through the first 15 minutes of my experience with this hotel. I got out of my cab, opened the door and was faced with a flight of approximately 15-20 stairs I had to lug all my luggage up. When I got to the top, I was in the reception/ restaurant area, which looked like someone had plopped some tables and chairs into my grandmothers aged basement. Smelt like it too....

I checked in, and the staff was less then friendly. I was actually told to wait 10 minutes as the receptionist made a couple phone calls before she'd give me the key.

When I walked off the elevator I was in an incredibly narrow hallway which was filled with garbage bags. Perhaps the maids were cleaning? But the result was about 5 opened garbage bags abandoned in the hallway which I had to lift my bags over. The hallway was also filthy, with stained rugs and dust bunnies coating all the edges.

I opened the door to my room and the first thing I noticed was the smell. It stunk. So immediately I opened the windows. I also went to turn on the desk fan (as it was a hot day), but stopped when I noticed the blades were black with dust. The bedding was torn, yellowed and stained, and there was dirt (hands and finger marks) all over the walls.
I turned down the bedding and debated if it had been changed. Found several hairs, so each night I was there (2) I laid down towels before I went to sleep.
Surprisingly the cleanest part was probably the bathroom, but this is only because it smelt as if the whole thing was just sprayed with bleach. I still showered wearing flip flops...

The location however was terrific. That was about the only thing I was happy with. That and the free wi-fi.

On my last morning there however, I had to leave during rush hour to catch a plane. At checkout, I asked for help calling a cab and they out right refused. They told me to wait outside and flag one on my own, and despite my trying to reason with them, they wouldn't call one.

So yes the rooms are cheap, but based on my experience, I still think they're over priced.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Coventry, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We struggled to find a family room in Paris without paying through the nose. This hotel only cost 290 euros for 2 nights which in Paris is a good price.

We wanted a central location next to some of the major tourist attractions and near a metro line as this is the first time we took our children with us (aged 7 and 11). This hotel delivered all of these. We stopped off at Disneyland Paris for 2 nights first and caught the RER line A to central Paris. When we walked out from the station the first things we saw were the Arc De Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Arc De Triomphe down rue Mac Mahon and about a 20 min walk to the Eiffel Tower

Upon arrival there are a steep set of steps to reception. The reception area has some sofas, telly and drinks vending machine. The staff on reception were friendly. There is a lift to each floor. Our room was large, 2 twin beds pushed together and 2 single beds. A t.v, fridge and fans available. The bathroom was small but functional, the downside was the bathroom was a bid smelly and there was no hook to put the shower hose into when trying to shower (no bath) but it was clean.

The bedding was a bit off putting as it looked grubby but again it was clean. Saying that, this hotel is only a 2 star and when considering the price was good value for money.

The best thing about this hotel is its location. The nearest metro station is Turnes which we took to Monmartre. There are also plenty of restaurants, shops etc next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Quadruple room number 502 located at the back and off the main road.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I didn't have high expectations given the reviews, but felt stuck at this hotel because of the busy season and the expense of staying in Paris. I'd never stay here again. The location was convenient, but the room was really run down, smelled bad and the bathroom really was as horrible as the reviews said. It was also hot unless the windows were open and the neighborhood was really loud with noise all night long. Next time I'd look for an apartment with a kitchen and save on the food costs instead.

Room Tip: plan ahead
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed in Hotel Floridor Etoile for two weeks for my honeymoon, it's location is really good, 5 minutes from the metro station and the arc de triumph and Charles de Guel street.

Since it's on a main street, it's really noisy all the time. The hotel is clean and the rooms have free Wi-Fi connection.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Floridor Etoile? Share your experiences!