“Would stay there again on my next trip” 4 of 5 stars

First Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 boulevard Garibaldi | 15th Arr., 75015 Paris, France   |
Ranked #439 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Beirut, Lebanon
“Would stay there again on my next trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great hotel and good quality/price ratio..central location..just a few walking distance minutes away from the Eiffel tower..with the Cambronne metro station right across the street & the most amazing/tasty pastry shop on the corner of the street (which makes up for the somewhat limited breakfast range offered at the hotel)...lovely rooms: modern & newly renovated decor, quiet, very clean but just a bit small..our room didn't have a view of the Eiffel tower since we were on the first floor but we were told that other rooms did (probably on upper floors or other side of the hotel)..overall it was a truly great stay..will surely look into staying there on my next trip to Paris!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with Eiffel Tower view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this small-but-stylish boutique hotel. The location is absolutely fantastic: right next to Cambronne metro station (easy access to CDG); nestled amongst bars and cafes (but not too loud), and of course, within a 8 minute walk of the Eiffel Tower, which is visible from the 3rd floor rooms.

Staff was extremely polite and helpful (rare in Paris) and checking in and out is a breeze. Breakfast was included - and it was not skimpy. They had a fantastic juicer (which I saw throughout Europe), which made the best orange juice I've ever had.

The room itself - we upgraded to "Eiffel Tower View" - was smaller than portrayed in the photos, but that is not an issue when you are out walking the streets of Paris, absorbing the 850 years of history at Notre Dame, or simply eating and drinking in this vibrant city.

The best part of this hotel is that everything is easily accessible - Eiffel, metro and airports, Notre Dame, Louvre, the Seine, shopping, eating and drinking.

Each room has a modern bathroom and good shower, which is important when traveling Europe.

Lesson learned: don't order a Chitterling sausage in Paris. JUST DON'T.

Room Tip: Get the Eiffel Tower view. You came this far, so just do it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bénédicte C, Responsable réception at First Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Alex M,

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience at the First Hotel Paris on Tripadvisor.
We saw that you enjoyed our city and our hotel, and we are very happy that you took time to write a review !

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you in our hotel, and do not hesitate to contact us again for your next trip in Paris.

We wish you a very nice day !
Bénédicte
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here 3 days/2 night. I had a double room. The size of the room was very surprising. I didn't expect it to be so small. I basically couldn't open my suitcase on the floor, there wasn't enough room. So I had to put my suitcase on the bed in order to be able to fully open. I didn't like that. Another thing I wasn't too happy about was the view. I paid extra 40 Euros to book a room with the view of Eiffel Tower. I had a view, if you can call it that, but only if I leaned from the window. Which I probably would have had any way and if not, I wouldn't have missed anything, because unless I opened the window and leaned out, I wasn't seeing anything. And I wasn't planning on leaning from my window all day to see the tower. That is the only thing that was not to my satisfaction and I should've asked for my money back. Didn't need to pay an extra 40 Euros for that. The location is great, far enough from all the tourist madness, yet only 3 stations away with Metro. Several really nice cafe's right outside, very walkable area. The rooms were clean, I was ok with that. The staff was really fantastic. Every single person I came across was friendly, polite and just nice people, I really liked that. All together, I was happy. Not sure if I would stay there on my next trip, just too small for my taste. But the staff, nice and I want to thank them if anyone is reading this review.

Room Tip: If you request the Tower view and paying the 20 Euro/night, make sure you have the view from the roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Golboo,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the First Hotel Paris on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of our team, we would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Your complete satisfaction is very important to us, and we will be using your reviews to improve our service.
If we can give you an advice, our superior rooms on the back (not with the view) are 4 meter square bigger than the one with the view on the Eiffel Tower.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again as we can have a chance to provide you a better experience.

We wish you a very nice day,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel!!! The place is perfect.. Just few minutes away from the eiffel tower! Just few steps from the metro.. You dont have to go far for your needs... The hotel is clean and the staffs are so caring and friendly they are very approachable!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Liberty J,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the First Hotel Paris on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Paris and the neighborhood of the hotel.
It is always a pleasure to welcome happy customers and help them during their trip in Paris.

We wish you a great day !
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A small and simple hotel, with small rooms, but everything is new and immaculately clean and the hotel has some very stylish touches. If you are looking for a hotel in this price category and in this neighborhood you couldn't possibly do better than this one. It is across the street from the Cambronne Metro station, which is very convenient, and a short walk from the Champs de Mars, Eiffel Tower, and Invalides. If you are there on a Sunday or Wednesday don't miss the farmers market under the elevated metro line on the Blvd. de Grenelle, a very short walk away; it is one of Paris's best farmers markets.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan G.,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at the First Hotel Paris on Tripadvisor !
We love also this farmer market you are talking about !
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you in our hotel, do not hesitate to contact us if you are coming back to Paris.

Have a very nice day,
cookstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights was a lovely hotel, central location, very clean and helpful staff. Not a big selection for breakfast and eating area very small. Overall would highly recommended for any type of traveller as the hotel is very modern rooms a great size and excellent location

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bénédicte C, Directeur général at First Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Claire-12317,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it mean a lot to us, as we can improve our performances.
By the way, at the end of 2013, our breakfast room will be all renovated to be bigger and more convenient for our customers.

Thank you again for your time for this advice and we hope to see you soon at the First Hotel !

Bénédicte - General Manager
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed three nights and had a wonderful time. The rooms are small by U.S. standards, but very comfortable. It's just steps away from the 6 Metro (Cambronne stop) and nestled in a quaint neighborhood away from more touristy locations, which allowed us to experience more of a community. A supermarket and sightseeing bus stop are just blocks away, and the cafes and bakeries are plentiful. The hallway walls and doors are pitch black so brace yourself the first time you step off the tight elevator and the motion detector takes a few seconds to signal the lights. The rooms are white and airy, with cute little top hat ceiling light shades. We had rooms with verandas that had a view of the Eiffel Tower. Since we were on different floors we took the beautiful spiral red-carpeted staircase that even with it's contemporary design, still harkened back to another era. Benedict at the front desk was gracious and accommodating.

Room Tip: Seems that the rooms ending in 05 might be the largest. We had 06 and 03 and they were probably the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Casshayes,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure for us to welcome you in our establishment.

We hope to welcome you again, during your next trip in Paris !

Kind regards,
Bénédicte - General Manager

Been to First Hotel? Share your experiences!