“Very modern, very clean - lovely!” 5 of 5 stars

First Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 boulevard Garibaldi | 15th Arr., 75015 Paris, France   |
Ranked #441 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Very modern, very clean - lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Amazing long weekend in Paris - our room was comfortable, well-appointed and modern. Look out for the gnome in reception and bowler hat lampshades!
There's a metro on the doorstep (cambronne) but we didn't use it - you can walk everywhere easily as long as you're not in a rush.
The bar next door is easily the best value pint we had during our stay, and the Eiffel Tower was a 10 minute stroll away.
Overall, I can't comment on the price of the hotel as I was whisked away for a romantic weekend, but the hotel was lovely and the staff were helpful; really enjoyed my stay and would happily recommend.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had I arrived late at night to Paris and had reserve a studio apartment at another aparthotel in Ave. Kleber and as there was no front disk I had to call ahead. To my absolute shock, my initial reservation had been cancelled because "it was late!", never mind the fact that I had mentioned in my booking that I was expected to arrive at approximately 23:00.
Anyway, luckly I had my beautiful companion who patiently guided my to several hotels in the area which are were all fully booked plus it was midnight in the streets of Paris! After hopping to atleast 7 or 8 hotels we stopped to check First Hotel! I immediately thought "this hotel is too nice, its gotta be fully booked, right?". Wrong, there was one last room in the corner of the last floor!
I was saved, immediately I felt relaxed thanks to the night shift manager. I would've never even suspected the rooms to be so clean and brand new. It's design was kind of art-deco much to my liking!
Next morning, I thought of having breakfast at the hotel but since its a continental breakfast I thought I'd be better off discovering my surrounding first since I was to preoccupied at light to even ask where the hotel was situated. Luckly it was right behind the Eiffel Tower and surrounded by plenty of brasseries to have my morning croissant and coffee in other words a typical parisian breakfast.
The hotel is exactly as pictured above and the room size is the best considering all other hotels in the same price range which aren't even as well kept as the First Hotel.
Althought it my honest opinion about the hotel I felt obliged to write up this review, after all they save my life and changed my thoughts about the french and Paris as a whole.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked this hotel 2 months prior to staying, having stayed here twice before. The hotel is directly opposite a Metro station, although not on the most useful line. Very modern decor.

However, this stay was disappointing. I had requested a 6th floor room upon booking but was given a 2nd floor room. My request wasn't even acknowledged. As we were checking in there was a woman complaining about her room.

There are no real drinking glasses in the room. They were cheap plastic.
The complimentary toiletries are very low quality
The mini bar was completely empty, and not cold
There was chewing gum on the carpet by the bed
There were hairs still evident in the shower tray
Windows would not open in the bathroom; in the bedroom much force was necessary to open windows
Bed side lamps were difficult to switch on; switches on the individual lamp and on wall
I requested two additional pillows before going out to dinner. Upon return they had not been delivered to the room.
Only four clothes hangers were supplied in the wardrobe, and they were the type that assume you are going to steal them.
Dust on the central ceiling lamp shade.

In short, when this hotel was refurbished it was riding the crest of a wave. The seas are now calm. This hotel is on its way down. Attention to detail is SO lacking. It wouldn't take very much to make this an outstanding hotel.

Oh so disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for Eiffel Tower view, and on the highest floor possible. Although don't get your hopes up.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GLASGOW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights this week. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The room I had (304) was comfortable albeit a little compact and looked onto the railway line but was very quiet and you could see the Eiffel Tower when lit up at night (through the tree!!). Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Stephanie. We only had breakfast on the first morning which was ok but expensive at €15. Some nice restaurants nearby too. Annoying thing in room was that the bedside lights didn't work. Overall it was clean comfortable and very friendly and I would recommend staying here when in Paris.

• Stayed October 2012
Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here in April for 4 days. If you are having a city break and want somewhere nice to return to after a day of sightseeing, this is the place to be.
The hotel is very nice, all black and white themed and modern. We loved the look.
Our room was on the small side but the bed was big enough, the shower was great so nothing to complain about really. We had a juliette balcony which faced the effle tower. I loved this. At night the view was out of this world.
I found all the staff we spoke to very nice and the lady on reception was overly helpful.
The hotel is right outside the train stop so it was so easy to get to from the airport.
We went for room only so we did not eat at the hotel at all. We were out early and back late so there was no need.
Paris is expensive so I thought we got our moneys worth here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice rooms but really [--] service! We payed for 3 rooms x 4 nights in advance by credit card in advance. before we got to Paris this card expired and we brought with us a new card. This caused massive trouble and really chocking suggestions from the management, as to pay once again for the stay - and keeping us including a lady aged 81 year old to wait for hours before we could get into our rooms!! The easy way would be just to check their account and see that the money actually had been credited. Mangement and some of the staff members don't seem to be in touch with what problemsolving vrs. customer service is about.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice paris hotel close to it all. Important for the wife was that it was clean, and man was it. The room we had was on the third floor and we had a nice little view of the local square. The Hotel also suggested a personal shuttle to the airport which was awesome as they took care of all the details

• Stayed August 2012

Been to First Hotel? Share your experiences!