“First Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added First Hotel to your Saves list
First Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 boulevard Garibaldi | 15th Arr., 75015 Paris, France   |
Ranked #439 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This recently renovated hotel is lovely. Very modern inside. Stayed for 4 nights. Lovely large room with plenty of space for suit case and moving around, two bedside tables and a desk. Beautiful decor. Booked a room with a little balcony window but didn't get it however. View was of a building next door but the windows do open. Friend booked a room with Eiffel Tower view which was awesome. Well worth the extra money to get it I think. Not so hot on the breakfast however. The space is very small where they have their breakfast offerings and a bit messy looking, they need to address that! Also went for breakfast at 7.20 in the morning and their was nothing their. Told by the little french guy that "it is Saturday". Last time I looked that was a perfectly good time to expect breakfast in a hotel. The french lady on reception who spoke very good english was very helpful even though she was clearly very busy. Location is good, right opposite a train station for easy access to everywhere but you couldn't hear a thing. Lots of restaurant options close by. Certainly not a cheap hotel but worth the money.

Room Tip: Eifel Tower View Froom
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the First Hotel!

First, a couple of hints for anyone looking to book - (1) don't spend the extra for a 'superior' room cause we did and I don't think it makes any difference in room - we booked through expedia and then asked the hotel directly via email for a room with a Tower view and when we arrived they told us we should have requested a specific room with a view (how were we supposed to know what specific room!?) In any event the room we got had a partial view and was still terrific. (2) like others have said, DO NOT WASTE YOUR £15 per person on a hotel breakfast - there's a great little bakery just outside and anywhere you go in the morning will likely be near crepe vendors and small bistros where you can eat for far less - my wife and I ate most breakfasts including crepes, coffee and juice for less than £12 for both of us. (3) the rooms have a basic power converter for North American plugs so you can charge laptops, iPhones etc. I don't think they are powerful enough for hair dryers though but my wife was able to use the hotel dryer without any problems.

The hotel rooms are clean, modern and well maintained - though the hallways are very dark, they are also clean. The Cambronne metro station is across the street and very convenient! Though you often have to change lines depending on where you want to go, the system is VERY user friendly and the metro staff are helpful. Getting to the hotel from CDG airport is easy and you don't need to pay £70 for a taxi! Take the RER B train towards Paris and get off at Denfery-Rochereau station where you transfer to the Lime 6 towards Cambronne - literally takes 40 minutes from the airport to the front door of the hotel (RER ticket for two costs around £19) and it transfers you to the metro for no charge..

Enjoy the hotel! The staff are great, speak perfect English and are very friendly! GREAT find in Paris! Oh yeah, and it only takes 15 minutes to walk to the Eiffel Tower!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Any room ending in 05 are corner rooms that face the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I booked First Hotel based upon the pictures and reviews, both of wich were great. I don't know exactly what it is, but there was just something "off" about this hotel for me. It is extremely small and very dark in its decor. I was traveling alone for business and I would not recommend it for this purpose. While the wi-fi is free, you have to log in constantly and for some reason, my work network did not trust the security of their wi-fi, so I was never able to log on to my email. This caused problems. There are also a limited number of guest log-ins. I was unable to log on the first night because I was told that the rest of the guests were logged on, so I would have to wait.

Getting a taxi at the front desk can also be a challenge. They require 15 euro payment at the time of booking and then you pay the rest when you get in the taxi. They confused my reservation with another room and the taxi driver almost left by the time I got down to reception! Then, 3 different people told me they would book me a taxi on my departure date, but when I got down there that morning, no one had actually made a reservation for my taxi. We had to find one outside.

The hotel was clean and had modern ammenites, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
isle of man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had a good look around before choosing which hotel I wanted to stay in when visiting Paris. I chose the First hotel because of the decor and the location. Neither disapointed... Very quirky , dark , modern look and loved the room. Very clean ( reception is spotless) and with the Eifell tower only 5 mins away and a nice Sunday market nearby was a great location. Was disappointed I didnt get a balcony as it had promised ( I even paid for a superior room) and the old chap on reception at night with the bushy eyebrows was grumpier even than myself when I get up on a Monday morning. But overall a great little hotel , which I would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orsett, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would just like to say how much we enjoyed our recent stay at this our. On balance, the trip was certainly first class and we loved the hotel and its location. In particular, I would like to name Mehdi who did more than his best to ensure our stay was excellent. He is a great ambassador for the hotel and is a true service professional. Nothing was too much trouble and he even convinced the 7 of us to stay in and take breakfast each morning in your restaurant - so glad we did, it was excellent - thanks Medhi! The rooms are well appointed (we were in suites 505 and 605) and the stay was worth it for the views from my balcony of the Eiffel Tower!!! Amazing

Room Tip: 505 and 605 suites are lovely
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I was so glad that I used trip advisor to find this place. Cost me £330 for 3 nights in the heart of Paris with a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower from room 603. About a 15 min walk from the tower with lots of lovely bars and restaurants around it - I recommend La Veraison and Le Suffren wholeheartedly. Don't resist, book and have a lovely time in Paris as I have :)

• Stayed August 2012

Been to First Hotel? Share your experiences!