“The best macarons ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 728 Activities in Paris
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook’n with Class is a convivial cooking school nestled in the heart of Montmartre, Paris where you can discover French culture through a unique culinary experience. We propose small classes for only 5-6 students in English so that everyone can get hands-on and enjoy the fun while learning a variety of recipes to recreate at home. Come and join us for a delicious, educational experience!
New York, New York, United States
“The best macarons ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

While visiting Paris, I decided to learn how to make the macarons, the right way. Chef Emmanuelle Gombert was the best! The macarons turned out to be delicious! Thank you

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“An Amazing Way to See Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my second experience with Cook'n With Class. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone visiting Paris who likes to cook. The tour begins in Montmartre with a visit to various shops along a market street. We visited a cheese shop, a fish shop, a butcher, bakery, and a fruit-and-vegetable market. Our guide, Chef Patrick, took us on a tour through the shops and explained various aspects of French cuisine. We then headed to the Cook'n With Class studio and prepared a delicious meal, guided by Chef Patrick. The dinner was excellent: white asparagus with orange hollandaise sauce, greens with candied orange peel, fish, fennel, caramelized onions, rice, and lemon curd with berries for dessert. It was amazing to see how Chef Patrick compiled a menu from the fresh, seasonable ingredients from our market tour. Everyone got to participate in the cooking process, and we learned new recipes and techniques to try at home. Chef Patrick kindly emailed us the recipes so that we can prepare the meal again. Chef Patrick is a world-class chef and excellent instructor, and taking a class with him was one of my best experiences in France.

Dahlonega, Georgia
“Advanced Desserts Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have two years of professional dessert baking experience with American style desserts. I wanted a class that would help me get to the next level. Chef Pino met all of my expectations and then some. He has a wealth of experience and is a great communicator. The class moved quickly, but we were not pushed. He is patient with the students and answers all questions even if they are outside of the bounds of the class. We prepared four traditional French dessert items that included all of the component preparation. He even showed us how to make puff pastry. Our desserts all looked and tasted great. The kitchen had all of the traditional equipment and even a blast chiller. The people at the school were very friendly and helpful in every way. I have been in many classes. This was the best.

White Plains, New York
“So much fun--French cooking class in Paris!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I visited Paris for just a few days, but we wanted to do something out-of-the-ordinary. She came up with cooking classes! We compared the offerings of this establishment with those of another and decided to choose this one. We weren't disappointed! The building was in--maybe an "up and coming" area? But they are moving the classes soon to a new location. We took the French desserts class with Briony as our instructor. We made five amazing, yummy desserts. Originally, the class was supposed to be 2 hours long, but it went on for 4. That was fine for us, as we had no other plans for the afternoon, but keep that in mind if you are planning to do something else after class. The instructor was so nice and she gave us lots of tips. The only downside I would say is that she said she would email us the recipes, but I haven't received mine yet. I sent a follow-up email after returning to the U.S., but am still awaiting them...

“Great for kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our daughters loved the kids dessert class, and parents learned a lot of tips too. Can't wait to try these at home. Merci!