“Outstanding location, lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

L'Empire Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 rue de l'Arbre Sec, 75001 Paris, France   |
Ranked #411 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding location, lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Just visited with my daughter and although originally hard to find the hotel couldn't have been more perfect. Right across the street from the louvre. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel is very new and chic and our room was surprisingly big, we even had a balcony. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was nice and big. My only small complaint was that the breakfast was over priced but alternatives were easy to find.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights directly after New Years. I would highly recommend it and would definitely consider staying again!
Excellent location right by the Louvre - easily walkable to all of the main sites in Paris.
Staff were always helpful, nothing was a problem for them and their english impeccable.
Good size room for a 3 day stay - ours had access to a nice courtyard which would be awesome in the summer.
Bar in the hotel was always open when we got home in the evening for a nightcap.
Lots of great restaurant choices in the nearby streets, including the street that the hotel is in and its a short walk to the Latin quarter for the cheaper eating options. I'd particularly recommend Carpe Diem just down the road from the hotel.

Overall we had a great experience at L'Empire and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 111 - this was in a purple and black room with king bed and opening to the courtya...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over the New Year. Even before we arrived the hotel staff were extremely helpful with recommending local restaurants and making bookings on our behalf. From the moment we walked in the front door to the time we left all the staff were exceptionally pleasant, efficient and helpful. Positioned in an excellent location to visit most of the main tourist sites. The hotel has a modern feel with large rooms by comparison with a lot of other Parisian hotels. This hotel is special and good value.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for a last minute work trip to Paris as my favorite hotel was booked. I was attracted to the photographs of the L'Empire hotel on their website - offering calm, modern and clean-line rooms. Worried the website may be mis-leading, I called the hotel prior to booking to be assured that the photos properly reflected the hotel design and room available. I was assured, by telephone, email and attached photos, that indeed the photos represented the room I would be staying in for the weekend.
Instead, and contrary to the personal assurances of the hotel staff, I was checked into "the Lady Gaga Style Room" upon arrival and informed "we are fully booked and there are no other rooms available." This "Lady Gaga Style Room" was like being at the circus - a bad circus. I was forced to endure a room with black (yes black) wallpaper, mirrors at every spare space reflecting the black paper, red strips of curtain to apparantly off-set the black and mirrors, and amidst this eye color dance, a back bedboard of a grey and black harlequin pattern supporting my clown/circus surroundings.
Had it not been 11 pm I would have left. The staff moved me to another room the following day (nearly the same as the photo sent with my hotel booking confirmation) to avoid my leaving the hotel.
I will never go back. Be careful and be warned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lima
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location is perfect, right in the middle of downtown Paris, walking distance to all central attractions. The room we stayed in was good, though not quite up to the quality that I would have expected for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel staff were extremely helpful. One of our tours was cancelled and they helped resolving the situation. They made reservations for my lunch cruise and handled getting us a taxi. The only reason why I did not give them excellent was their restaraunt in my personal opinion it was not very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very good position for walking Paris centre. Very close to metro station, just between the rue Royal and rue St Honore. Very close to Louvre. Nice breakfast, VERY attentive staff. Though the room was really small, it was cosy and clean. Free WiFi. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to L'Empire Paris? Share your experiences!