“Perfect Location, Spartan Accommodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Louisiane

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel La Louisiane
60 rue de Seine | 6th Arr., 75006 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,111 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
montauk
“Perfect Location, Spartan Accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

The lobby and the hallways almost scared me off, but the room was clean albeit spartan... the beds had reading lights and the shower and tub though small were just fine. The hotel staff wasn't super helpful - they were innocuous really -but the location was PERFECTION! We were just off the SEINE, a few blocks from Notre Dame and not far from the Muse D'orsay. There were good restaurants and fabulous chocolates on Rue du Seine and it wasn't too noisy except for on Saturday night. The savings were tremendous.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

When you first walk into this hotel you wonder what you have gotten yourself into..then you go to your nice clean room, redone bathroom and little window and you realize that this is what Paris is about..just a nice little room right in the heart of the left bank..walk to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, the Seine and the Batobus, the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame and if that isn't enough you have 3 metros right there..St. Germain de Pres, Mabillon and Odeon..we ALWAYS stay here for the convenience of being at Rue de Seine and St. Germain de Pres and Rue de Buci. Reasonable and clean...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Brilliant location, very nice staff and great value for money.It is not luxurious, but clean and chic in its' spareness. I have coveted the painting in the reception for years! It is surrounded by wonderful restaurants of all price ranges from the Procop to the brasserie around the corner. Very convenient for the metro and and about 20 minutes from the Gare de Nord. I have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times. I have tried others but no one matches the location/value for money/ fabulous Parisian atmosphere of the Louisiane.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Let's face it; if you're thinking of La Louisiane, it is for price, not luxury. It meets the basics of being very clean, with comfortable beds. The room was, as one would expect, small, and without any decorations on the newly painted apricot colored walls. There was no clock or kleenex, but there was a small fridge, and a fan, which came in handy. We had lovely french doors opening onto a small balcony over the street. While this made for good watching, it did make it difficult to sleep with the windows open. Because another reviewer had gotten stuck in the elevator, we avoided it, but when we pressed the button, it seemed to work. The desk is staffed all night, which appealed to us. If you don't take the breakfast offered at an additional charge, you can get fruit and bread, or a full breakfast just a step away. The beds were made daily, the bathroom with a tub and shower was cleaned and towels (no wash cloths) were changed. All on all, unless you want to spend a great deal more at the other hotels in the immediate area, I think this is a sensible choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Olanta, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Stayed at this location twice in five years. The location is the BEST! I did my homework, so I knew the story on what to expect. The room was much larger than others in its class. The beds were comfortable, the bath was fine, the staff and elevator were also fine. I chose this one for its history. I'd viewed a dvd of Miles Davis's life. This is where he stayed when he came to Paris and subsequently was addicted to heroin. It's been around a while, and survived lots of guests. I paid very little considering the stellar location. I was a very short walk to the Seine, and in a neighborhood just teeming with good bars and restaurants. I never take breakfast in the hotel, and I expect modest furnishings for a modest property. Any property at this price is a bargain, especially considering it's a short stroll to the cafe Les Deux Maggots! I consider it adjacent to Ground Zero of the quintessential Paris. Stay here if you want to spend more on shopping the boutiques of the Latin Quarter and spend less on lodging. I'll keep it on my list of hotels with value in Paris. My criterion for choosing a hotel in Paris are: working elevator, good location for my itenary, private WC/shower, economical. This place wins on all my important needs.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

I had a streetside room and was woken up in the morning by bottles being smashed and constant truck noise. Possibly garbage trucks. The curtain in my room wouldn't close and the fridge in the room didn't work. I didn 't mention these problems until checking out as I didn't want to get into an argument on my trip but when I did mention them they did seem a bit concerned though didn't offer any sort of refund or apology. Good location but if you want to sleep in don't get a steetside room. Also check what time the garbage trucks go by if you do get a streetside room and if they are likely to disturb you.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

From the moment we walked in the door, this hotel was a disaster. We were very rudely greeted at reception and told our booking was cancelled as we hadn't confirmed. However we had written confirmation. The lift then broke down with us in it. Once we found our way to our room down the narrow pokey little corridors we opened our window and found we overlooked a courtyard that was a rubble pit. Worst still was that workmen woke us each morning digging. The walls are paper thin and my daughter heard noises that she shouldn't have. There was no TV, the fridge didn't work, but that didn't matter, as on day two we awoke without any power at all. Hospitality is non existent here. No apologies were ever made and we were made to feel they were doing us a favour letting us stay. The only positives here are that the location is great and they have free internet access but in the long run its not worth it.

• Liked — Free internet
  • Disliked — The hospitality
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel La Louisiane? Share your experiences!