“a very well located budget place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmo's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cosmo's Hotel
You added Cosmo's Hotel to your Saves list
35 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud | 11th Arr., 75011 Paris, France (République)   |
Ranked #388 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
London
“a very well located budget place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is very well price in a lively part of Paris. Of course the room won't be huge at that rate , but you have everything you need and it is clean . The staff is also very helpful , and you have so many nice restaurant on your dorsteps .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I really like this small, budget and clean hotel on the great location.
It has everything you need for your stay in Paris, if you are tourist. I could see that, from my last stay in August 2009, they have done some refurbishments as carpet looked new and walls looked fresh painted. This time, I was with my sister and she liked it too.

I'll give you some useful tips:
- Free WiFi, just ask for access code on the reception.
- Metro stations: 2 min Parmentier (Line 3), 5-8 min Republique (Lines 3,5,8,9,11), 5 min Oberkampf (Lines 5,9). With these lines you can get anywhere in Paris with no fuss.
- To get from/to Roissy CDG: the best option is to use Roissy Bus (price: 10 EUR, one way ticket; about 1 h drive - depending on Terminal you are flying from/landing on; goes from/to Opera Metro Station (Rue Scribe) and hop on/off the Line 3 which goes to Parmentier station.
- The best bakery (boulangerie-patissserie) in neighbourhood is the one next to Parmentier station, door-to-door with McDonalds (only disadvantage it does not open on Saturdays and Sundays). The other ones are also good (and there are many) but this one had always freshly made croissants.
- There are lots of brasserias around to have brunch/lunch/dinner, if you wish.
- Grocery shops also available all around (look for Monoprix, Supermarche...).
- If you are light sleeper take ear-plugs with you, noise from coffee shop downstairs and noisy neighbours can be annoying, as walls are paper-thin and windows are not noise-proof.
- Rooms are equipped with hair dryer, TV (with French channels) and wall-mounted safe box.
- Safety here is not an issue as this neighbourhood is busy all day long.
- Booking, paying for accommodation and all other services are great.
- Personnel speaks English.

I have stayed twice, and I'll choose this hotel again, if I come to Paris again, of course :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

Super budget hotel, great location. Close to metro. Very clean! Would be back. Lots of lovely restaurants close by.

• Stayed November 2011
HongKong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I spent 3 nights at this hotel in Oct 2011. The rooms very basic,clean and v good for the money. Great value for money. The check in area and breakfast hall was bright and clean. Breakfast was regular standard. Situated close to the subway station which was very convenient. The owners were always very nice and most friendly which made my stay a pleasure. There is also a private gym around the corner. The only thing of note is there is a couple of cafes/bars a few doors away and can get noisy at weekends and esp summer if you have your windows open at night. Sometimes the toilet wasnt cleaned that well which the management should take note. Otherwise I would certainly come back and stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Zadar, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had a lovely time in this hotel last week. We booked a small room, but it was big enough for everything we needed. The bathroom is really small but you don't spend there more than 10 minutes a day, and it is clean so this is more important than its size. The room is also clean and you get new and clean towels every day, as well as shower gels and soaps. The neighborhood is safe at night and it is not loud. We could hear people talking from the room next sometimes during the day but at night it was very quiet and pleasant. With its excellent position (close to Place de la Republique) and great price, I would certainly recommend this hotel and I will surely stay there if in Paris again. Hopefully very soon :-))

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at Cosmo's for three nights in Sept./October 2011 and were very happy with the stay. The hotel is nothing special but if you need a good bed at a reasonable price in Paris this is a good place to go.
It is situated in the middle of an area full of both traditional cafes, trendy bars and restaurants of all kinds (except Michelin-star-level, I guess). We soon became familiar with the area and felt like locals.
It's near the Marais quarter with lots of shopping opportunities, a market opens some days of the week (200 meters from the hotel) and it's only 10 minutes by Metro from the turist areas.
We didn't have the hotel-breakfast because there are plenty of nice places to have your coffee and croissants nearby, but we heard it was very good.
The staff are friendly and helpful and speak decent English. We were allowed to leave our luggage to enjoy half a day in Paris before leaving, they ordered cabs for us and we didn't have to check out before 12 o'clock.
Small drawbacks: clean enough but not perfect, not enough hot water in shower, noise from the street in the early morning.
All in all we were happy and are sure to come back next time we visit Paris.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Me and my husband stayed here for 6 nights in July. I must say that what kept us there was the price (60 euros/night), really.

The location is not too bad, it’s close to two different subway stops, but at night, people in the bars and restaurants round the corner can get pretty loud… you have to keep the windows shut. Luckily for us it was not so hot during our stay.

The bathroom of the first room we stayed in was a joke. You could not close the door if you wanted to go to the bathroom because it would hit you knee. Seriously. In addition the bathroom was really come down and had a bad smell. The drainage of the shower was horrible. Again, we stayed only because of the price.

We asked for another room and got it after 2 nights, now you could close the door to go to the bathroom (it was a bit newer, also), but don’t try to dry yourself with your towel after you shower with the door closed. Simply no space for that.

But the worst part, apart from the doors of the rooms that are heavy and kept slamming loudly, were the maids. We had never had a situation like that before. We were woken up by the maids every morning because while they were cleaning up the other rooms they were chating so loud it woke us up. This wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t followed by them knocking on our door at 09:00!!! When I am on vacation I like to sleep a bit longer…just not possible in this hotel. They also didn’t understand a single word of English, so yelling “come back later”, just didn’t work. Once my husband opened the door to tell them to come back later, she gave him 2 towels, like she was saying: “well, if I cannot get in at least take the towels, so part of my job is done”. (They didn't have those "do not disturb" signs to hang on the door as well).

The next morning, when we were going to have breakfast, as soon as we opened the door she was staying in front of us to get in. We told her to come back later, cause I like to get breakfast and come back to the room to get ready before I leave. It was a long argument in our almost non-existent French for her to accept that we didn’t want out room made at that time.

Well, long story short: I would not recommend this hotel. If you are young and backpacking with friends, it might be ok, but for a couple in Paris, I don't think it's a good one...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cosmo's Hotel? Share your experiences!