“Memorable hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Brisbane
“Memorable hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at Jays in 2012 as a single female traveller and have no hestiation in returning this year as it was one of the highlights of my stay in Paris. The ambiance and style of this sparkling small hotel is second to none, with beautiful bowls of fresh flowers, top quality fruit delivered daily to your room, delightful breakfasts, attention to detail and personable staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. It is certainly worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

You won't regret choosing to stay at Jays.
It's of the highest quality - spacious clean well appointed rooms.
Comfortable beds with high quality linen. Clarins and Hermes toiletries in the bathroom. Daily chocolates on bed and fruit platters delivered in afternoon.
Friendly helpful polite English speaking staff who were willing to help make recommendations and reservations.
My husband and I were in Paris to celebrate our 10 wedding anniversary and our holiday was made all the more wonderful for staying at Jays .... Very highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
La Jolla California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

What can I add that hasn't already been said about the delightful and charming Jays? Every positive remark is absolutely true and more. My trip was designed to travel alone, walk, reflect and recuperate, emotionally and it couldn't have been a more perfect place for my mission. There are a few personal situations that arose that are deserving of mention and reflect upon the personal, prompt and concerned attention that each staff member pays to their guests (although I never saw another guest my entire time - how wonderful for me. It felt like my own private home).

When I arrived in Paris, I left my iPad on the plane. I didn't discover this catastrophe until bedtime, but Philippe immediately went into action and by next morning, the iPad was in my hands. When I needed things shipped home because I insisted on not checking baggage, the staff helped by purchasing pre-paid boxes and helping me pack them. It's endless the extra mile this wonderful team will go through to make your every moment stress and trouble-free.

Enormous hugs to everyone but Judy, you have got yourself one Class Act going there and I personally, treasure them all, but a special hug to Philippe, Ivan, Nadine (!), Michel, oh it goes on. I cannot wait until I have the honor of returning to such a remarkable home away from home.

As far as the area goes, there is a grocery store down the block, a bank and ATM as well. The metro that is best to use is by the Arc and I, with Judy's help, took on the metro alone and got around just fine. The RER, too!!! You needn't bring an adapter, hair dryer, or basic toiletries. I found the laundry and dry cleaning pricing to be very reasonable (someone spilled tomato juice all over my shirt, for instance and I believe it was 6 euros to clean it).

It was also my fortune to be able to stay in two of their delightful 5 (?) rooms. The rather oriental and the Louis. You can't go wrong with either; there's just no losing, but I did enjoy something special in each. Don't hesitate if you want quiet, strolls, access to the metro, safety, and the comfort of that blue door upon the end of your journey.

Just do it!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms; not from what I could see.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is thumbs up except for the location (I knew what I singed up for, though, the 16th is expected to be dead). I wanted a change of ambiance from staying at the large hotels and it was refreshing. The staff is very personable, not in a trained by the book/studied way, the interaction was quite human.

The decor of the ground floor lounge was incredible, we even brought friends along to hang out after dinner. The breakfast room was a bit ikea-ish, and I don't mean good crisp design, I mean cheapish furniture. What else - our room was well proportionate, but it was just ok (113, if I am not mistaken). I have no idea why they call it a suite, but then again it's the self aggrandizing tendency in many hotels nowdays. Again, the bathroom was quite convenient, and full of toiletries yet quite basic in design and materials. Overall, I think I'd call the property an honest-to-goodness four star b&b with very nice staff, but not a five star hotel. Yet, it must be said, the prices are not 5 star hotel's, they're just that - a four star prices. I think I might come back one day - had a good feeling overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent service. Spacious Room. Perfect for special occasions!

We are newly wedded having our honeymoon in Paris. Despite the cold weather, we had a pleasant time mostly because of the very comfortable stay at JAYS. As we were rather lazy, we spent a great deal of time in our well decorated (in Tiffany blue colour) Louis XVI suite.

The small team at JAYS offers exceptional service and is always willing to help. We particularly like the fruit (nicely arranged), champagne, chocolate and useful travel advice (and daily weather forecast). This is the hotel we would like to return to for our anniversary!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just got back from 17 wonderful nights (and days) at The Jays. We continue to return to Paris and would never consider another place to stay! This wonderful establishment is welcoming, friendly, and absolutely beautiful! Our arrival was delayed and we fully expected to have to call for the driver to come pick us up, but...no, there he was waiting for us! That began a wonderful trip! Each morning we left for our adventures and there was always a friendly face and greeting to start our day. When we returned it was to another friendly face and a warm welcome back! There was champagne or expresso, snacks, and fruit in the living room; fresh fruit in our room each afternoon. We had sent a list of restaurants that we were considering for dinner and our reservations were made for each one. When one of our choices was not available, The Jay's team suggested some wonderful alternatives! Everything was perfect and we spent our time enjoying ourselves and Paris instead of having to worry about minor details.
We wondered about spending Christmas and New Year's away from home - but that was no problem! At The Jay's we felt like we were at home because of the warmth expressed by every one of "The Team" at The Jay's. Imagine our delight to have Christmas gifts for both my husband and I on Christmas Day! What a thoughtful way to show appreciation of the guests!
The Jay's meets every one of our needs: helpful, friendly, great location, lovely room (which we consider our room away from home!). The beds are comfortable, the decor is beautiful, and the amenities are top notch. As a mature couple, we have had lots of opportunities to stay at many hotels in a fair number of countries. What we have learned is that large hotels do not impress us - nor do they feel as welcoming as The Jay's. We enjoy the pleasures of having a small boutique hotel where we know who will be taking care of us. Each of The Team (Philippe, Michele, Ivan, Juan, Nadia, and especially Judy) are personable and professional. We are already making plans for our return visit next December!

Room Tip: every room is beautiful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at Jays last month with our child. We were so impressed and agree with other reviewers that it is hard to find better in Europe. This is no grand palatial 5 star chain hotel with a 1000 rooms, gyms, spars, multiple majestic restaurants, and overflowing staff. So if this is what you seek you will not find it here. However, we loved Jays precisely because it wasn't all this. It is a quiet boutique hotel style discrete with immaculate attention to detail. The room we had was lovely. The location is great a few blocks walk from arc de triomphe and trocadero. The staff was attentive to all our needs and our baby and organised a wonderful babysitter which gave us some wonderful evenings out. We just love this place and look forward to a return.

Room Tip: There are only about 5 rooms and we understand they are all designed uniquely. I can't imagine y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Jays Paris? Share your experiences!