“Only makes Paris better!” 5 of 5 stars

Jays Paris
6 rue Copernic | 16th Arr., 75016 Paris, France   |
Ranked #8 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Albany, GA
“Only makes Paris better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Jays sets the gold standard in Paris! In fact, it is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in! The staff is wonderful and there seems to be nothing that is too difficult for them to accomplish! Judy finds (and keeps) the finest staff. And that staff is exactly what makes people want to come back over and over!
The hotel is small so you always feel as though you are staying with close friends. We love that feeling! We are pampered but no one ever hovers! A real blessing if you are really wanting to relax. We never feel rushed when checking in or out - coffee always offered and everyone enjoys pleasant conversations. Dinner reservations and transportation always well planned. Each evening our "map" is ready to help us get to our restaurant. This is a wonderful experience and a treat everyone should have!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great - I like looking over the road
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

While my Fiance was on tour last year (which lends to us staying in budget hotels) we had 2 nights set aside for thanksgiving in Paris. We were booked at Jays Paris and from the second we stepped in, to the moment we reluctantly left for London we loved this hotel. The staff is the key, they are somehow always out of sight until you need them and then they become the perfect fix-it, concierge, or tour guide. The hotel will provide anything they possibly can to make your stay more comfortable... we were not able to think of anything even though we tried. Espresso every time we came in or out, a large room (very very rare in europe) and a bed I could have slept for days in had I not wanted to go take in all i could of paris and its culture.

Bottom line this hotel is pricey... so it is not for everyone, the last thing you would want on a trip to Paris is to stretch yourself so thin on money for a room that you are eating McDonalds in a land of such fine wine and cuisine... however, if your budget allows not one penny, euro, pound, quid, yen, cordoba, peso...etc would be wasted on a stay at Jays.

Room Tip: If you dont mind walking up the staircase just go high with it!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Jays from November 1st thru 4th. We chose Jays because of other reviews we read. What a wonderful hotel and location. The owner and the staff can't do enough for you. They go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect from the decor to the nightly chocolate treat left on your pillow. Their restaurant recommendations were spot on. I highly recommend the breakfast. It is a great start to the day. The location can't be beat. It is a short walk to the metro and Paris sites. On our last evening at Jays we decided to stay in and what a remarkable experience we had. We ordered dinner from a local restaurant and Ivan went to pick it up for us. They turned the lounge into our own private dining room complete with white table service. It was the perfect ending to a perfect stay. Marlene S.

London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We have stayed in many good hotels around the world both large and small and we would say that Jays was one of the best! They offer the personal touch which is very rare, their attention to detail is fantastic.

Before our trip I arranged many things for my partners birthday and Judy was very helpful from balloons in the room to dinner reservations, nothing was too much trouble.

All the staff were amazing a lovely warm welcome on arrival and free drinks in the lounge when ever you came back from sight seeing they really do know how to look after their guests.

The room was fantastic and the location wonderful just a short walk from all the major places you will want to go and see. I cannot fault this hotel and if you are thinking of staying with them you will not regret it as they will make your stay one to remember.

Thank you to all the staff at Jays we hope to visit again soon!

Sue & Jackie
London

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Heemskerk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Beautiful clean room and the staff makes you feel like a royal.
I love to come back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dove Canyon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

This was my second stay at the Jays and the experience was just as amazing as the first visit back in April (which I wrote a review on back in May). The rooms are wonderfully decorated and spacious and the staff is such a pleasure to be around. Honesty, I just don't know how a staff can be more attentive and helpful at a hotel.

This was my wife's first stay and she could not believe how extraordinary her experience was at the Jays. I know it is difficult to make a hotel choice based on personal reviews, but this really is a special place.

I appreciate the time I got to spend with Michel (spelled correctly this time!) in conversation and truly enjoy his company. Romain was a pleasure to speak with and made the perfect restaurant recommendation when we decided to change our plans the last evening. Ivan was thoughtful, considerate and unbelievably attentive. Edwin and Phillipe also helped make this trip quite exceptional.

I’ll be taking my daughter back early next year and a huge part of her excitement is to see the people at the Jays again.

Hope this review is helpful.

Kelly

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Having read the reviews here before booking, Jays had a lot to live up to - but it surpassed my expectations in every way. Every need I could have had was perfectly anticipated by the excellent staff, even down to the correct socket transformer in the room for my laptop and the weather forecast gently pushed under the door each morning - both unrequested but absolutely essential. I have never experienced quite such attention to detail in such a elegant way. There really is nothing I would change and plan to visit again next year, and the year after, and the one after that......!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Jays Paris? Share your experiences!