1.There is no Staff at the reception between 12AM and 3PM and after 8PM, in spite of the fact the check-in time is advertised as 1PM. We contacted the hotel with an advanced warning of our expected arrival at 1PM and were promised that we would be able to get the key from the safe in the reception. However, on arrival there was no any key left for us in the safe, so we just had to leave our luggage in the lobby and only hope that we will find it there later in the evening as we did not plan to return to the hotel before 8PM. We found the key on our return but had a lot of troubles opening our room, and again there was nobody to help. The whole experience was quite frustrating.
2. The hotel garage is very small, with space available for only 3 cars, 2 of which had already been taken prior to our arrival. With a big car like ours it took us about half an hour to turn around in the garage and park the car and we could do it only after moving some stuff away. Again no help available.
3. The room size may be 18m2 as advertised, but that definitely includes a small kitchenette and the bathroom too.
4. The basic room furniture is old and shabby.
5. The beds are extremely uncomfortable: too short for a tall person; small cheap pillows; old sagging mattress; and that typical for cheap hotels plastic cover under the bed sheet, which makes the whole your body to sweat. Therefore, no good sleep at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refined, contemporary 2 star Paris residential hotel with 22 delightful studios close to Place d'Italie in the 13th district, offering a range of tasteful, innovative accommodation. Enjoy the independence and intimacy of your own private studio plus helpful efficient reception service with a range of facilities that make Amhotel Italie the perfect choice for both professionals on business trips to Paris and families / groups of friends seeking a high-comfort, good value alternative to traditional hotel rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Amhotel Italie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.