“Dont ever stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1,091 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Dont ever stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Other than the close location to Gare De Lyon Station, I discourage any one who would ever think of staying at this hotel. The receptionists are rude and unhelpful and could hardly speak a word of English.l. I requested one of the lady receptionist for assistance to help me call for airport transfer from hotel as I had trouble calling through my phone. The receptionist told me rudely in English "call yourself!" I was really abhorred by their cold and rude attitude. There was no offer to assist me. I was left in despair without any means of arranging for my airport transfer. In the end, I had to book online for my hotel transfer.I cant imagine that this is coming from a hotel staff of a hotel. Even a 2 star hotel can offer better service.
The room that I stayed in was very small with a so called double bed smaller than a queen size. The shower screen in my bathroom was broken and the table lamp was not working. I have requested for change of room but was told indifferently by the staff that they are fully booked.T Yet, I could hardly see a shadow of guest around. The shower screen remain broken and light bulbs of table lamp remain unchanged even the next day. The stay really spoilt my trip in Paris. There are many other hotels near Gare De Lyon that offers much better service such as the Novotel. So forget about this hotel. The rude and fed up staffs really put one off. Wi fi was not working too. the whole place really sucks.

Room Tip: Dont even attemp to book a room here or you will regret
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Had an early train journey from Gare de Lyon and wanted something close.

Very happy with my choice - room was comfortable and clean - close to bars and restaurants

The guy on reception went above and beyond to help when I'd forgotten my plug converter and so couldn't charge my phone. Even brought up his own charger for me to use.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Brasilia, DF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I would like to say that my trip was excellent and that the hotel was fantastic, taking care of all the details of the stay, but that was not the case. I was robbed inside the hotel. I let 470 euros and 40 brl inside the hotel room and they took it all. I went to the police and made my complaint, I gave it to the hotel, however, after waiting two weeks, no answer was given to me. After these two weeks, I made another trip to Paris and stayed in another hotel where nothing happened.

Room Tip: Do not choose any room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

The hotel seemed slightly old fashioned, but it was clean and nice. Also I liked the location, which is very close to the Gare de Lyon station. However, I had very unpleasant experience in this hotel, as one of my things was stolen from the room. I informed the staff, but they were ignorant about the issue. They didn't even apologize.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It's good value, clean, convenient and friendly. Great for the Gare de Lyon, the air France shuttle bus, and an easy walk to the Opera and Place de la Bastille. Rooms are well furnished and the end of corridor rooms spacious. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Booked with Booking.com we stayed for one night on our way to Milan and paid €120 euro excluding breakfast.This was €100 less than the rack rate advertised behind reception. Breakfast was an additional €10 each and comprised of croissant, pastries, bread, yoghurts, cereal etc.
The hotel is perfectly placed for the train station, being within only a few minutes walk from Paris Gare du Lyon.
There are many bars and restaurants within the vicinity of the hotel and station.
There is a small lounge seating area in the hotel Reception area with vending machines for hot and cold liquid refreshment.
The rooms were clean, comfortable with adequate storage for a short stay. With complimentary tea but no coffee.
The bathroom, again very clean with excellent shower.
Wifi was inclusive of the room rate and sufficiently fast for Skype and video.
Our room was on the first floor and surprisingly quiet considering our proximity to the station.
Overall, our experience was very positive and would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Use Booking.com get a deal don't just turn up and pay the going rate
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located (short walk from Gare de Lyon), and had everything I needed for my short stay in Paris. The room was quite small, but that's not a problem when you are walking the whole day. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the shower was perfect. There is no minibar but a well assorted machine downstairs (only drinks). I guess the best part was breakfast: when I asked for café au lait what I got was a hearty French breakfast complete with baguette, pain au chocolat and croissant (I sat by the window and ate looking at the rain pouring down on Paris.... a wonderful experience!). Staff was friendly, and, last but not least, wifi worked 100% of the time.
I would certainly come back!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Viator? Share your experiences!