“Value for Money in Montparnasse area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mistral

Save Saved
You added Hotel Mistral to your Saves list
Hotel Mistral
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24, rue Cels | 14 Arr., 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #396 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Milano
“Value for Money in Montparnasse area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel is clean and everyone is very kind. The only issue is the lack of a lift (they are workig to install one in the near future) but the price was very competitive. I think this hotel is a good compromise for having a lovely hotel located in a quiet location, with silent nights and in the centre of Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My sister and I had an en-suite double room. Everything was immaculate. We had no complaints whatsoever. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. On our first night, the hotel's wifi was not working, but they did everything they could to remedy the problem. Every night afterwards, the hotel's wifi worked perfectly.
The hotel is very close to Gare Montparnasse, making it very accessible to every part of Paris and Versailles.
Overall, the hotel was clean and well-priced. We loved our stay there in Paris!

Room Tip: Although the en-suite rooms are more expensive, I definitely think that they are worth it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was only staying here one night as it was a last minute decision to come back to Paris for that day and I was moving into a different hotel the next day. I was on level 3, and there was a toilet on that level but from what I could see the actual shower was on the ground floor. I wasn't really told where the facilities were so I had to find out by myself. In the room you get a TV, bed, basin and basic wardrobe. It was a little bit dirty, well the cover for the bed was slighty dirty but the sheets were clean.

The TV was unplugged for some reason, so I had to climb onto the rickety chair in the room and reconnect the TV. One of the bedside lamps were missing so it was just exposed wires. My room was 70 euros which I think was actually a little overpriced. It's a pretty good area in that it was close to Gare Montparnasse but I don't think I'll stay here again. I have a couple of other hotels in Paris that would probably be more on my list to stay. At least in those you get your own bathroom ...

Room Tip: I don't really know as I don't know whether there are superior rooms that might be a better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I think the price is too high. the room is not worthy. there is no air conditioner in the room, so it is hot. we have to share the bath room, but it is not clean. Also, they don't have lift, so if you have big luggage, maybe this hotel is not good choice for you.

Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hotel Mistral was lovely and quaint. I loved the old school feel about it and how every nationality seemed to be represented in the lobby area and everybody, especially the staff was so courteous and nice. Beforehand, we researched via Tripadvisor and found that the nearest toilets and showers were located in the first or fourth floor. So we before checking in, we emailed the establishment if we could have a double room with a shared bathroom on either floors. They assigned us a room on the fourth floor.

To those with heavy luggage like us, beware, the small staircase is a long and winding journey to the top. When we finally got to our room, we were satisfied to see that it was beautifully decorated (if you're into the old school romantic homey feel) with two french windows with a view of the garden and the family house next door (kinda feels stalkerish but you get used to it)

Breakfast was an extra charge of 9 Euro per person. In Paris, that is such a bargain where a single croissant could cost you one to four euro depending on the brand and quality. Here, we had unlimited choice of bread, croissant, jams, spread, juice, yogurt, milk, cereal and cheeses. Freshly brewed coffee and chocolate was available in a high tech coffee machine. We made every euro count by stuffing ourselves with jam, Nutella and croissants.

What's more, since we did not have transportation to take us to the international airport, which was an hour away, the hotel staff offered to find us a shuttel service or private car hire at a bargain price. They came through for us with a private car hire at a really modest price. I don't remember the exact amount but I did remember thanking the owner profusely for his 9and his staff's) assistance. Definitely a good place to stay in.

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

They mixed our reservation and we had to spend the first night in a room without a bathroom although we had made a reservation for a room with a shower. They didn't try to make it up for us (I would have appreciated a discount after such mistake).

The hotel is old and worn. Mold in the bathroom. First room smelled like cigaret. Double beds were only about 140 cm wide and there was a plastic cover right under the sheet which made the bed very uncomfortable to sleep on (it was a hot weather outside). My husband found it more comfortable to sleep on the floor.

The hotel is cleaned well but it doesn't really help much if the carpet is 30(?) years old. Don't believe the pictures, most of the rooms are not nearly as nice.

Never going back to this place (even if it means we have to pay double the price for a better hotel).

Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I'd booked an Economy Twin Room for 3 nights, and I unfortunately found Hotel Mistral's Economy accommodation to be very disappointing. My main issue was with the "shared bathroom", which would be considered substandard for even a youth hostel. The shared wc and the shared shower are on separate floors. The shower room on the 5th floor is tiny (just one stall) and consistently messy and mildewy (and there's no toilet). The wc (just one toilet) on the 4th floor is also cramped, used as storage for ladders and other things. Most annoyingly though, was that there was no washbasin in the WC. You have to go back to your room to wash your hands, which strikes me as being pretty unhygienic when it comes to sharing a bathroom. In general, I found moving between 2 floors and 3 separate rooms just to get ready in the morning to be irritating. And this is coming from someone who's more than used to dormitory and hostel bathrooms. Aside from the shared bathroom negatives, I found the room and facilities weren't as nice or large as the pictures depicted them to be, and the customer service was somewhat mediocre. I wouldn't recommend Hotel Mistral's Economy rooms to other travelers. Hopefully their ensuite accommodations are better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mistral? Share your experiences!