This the second time we've stayed here (previous trip was in 2009) and we'd stay again.
The hotel is easy to get to from Paris Gare du Nord (which is accessible from Eurostar or the the airports) and then from there on you don't really need to worry about the Metro as everything is in walking distance if you are prepared to explore the city by foot - if not, the Metro/station is right next door to the hotel. If I remember correctly, if you take Exit 3 from Gare Montparnasse, you come out on Rue du Cotentin.
The Eiffel Tower is c 30 mins walk - Louvre probably more like 40 - 50 mins - or you can walk right along the Seine from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre. The only sight we got a Metro for was the Sacre Coeur but you could probably walk it. Versailles is also easy to access from here - c 20 - 40 mins by train (depends if you get the train that stops off at all stations!). The great thing is, as the hotel is next to the Tour Montparnasse, you always know how to get back as you just follow the skyscraper.
On both trips the rooms were spacious, clean and felt safe (with safety deposit box) and also had all you need (e.g. air conditioning, tea/coffee, hairdryer, shower gel etc). The room we stayed in recently must have been on a corner as it was massive for a typical European city hotel room! We had a bath and separate shower, and separate toilet.
The bar is good - we haven't tried the restaurant as we prefer to explore the city. We ate at Les Zazous on one night (nice food and good atmosphere) which is on Boulevard Du Montparnasse. You'll find a lot of restaurants on this street - within 10-15 mins of the hotel. We also didn't eat breakfast and found cafes for breakfast.
Overall - would recommend it to friends and stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse Hotel
- Accor Paris Montparnasse
- Novotel Montparnasse
- Novotel Paris
- Paris Novotel
- Novotel Paris Montparnasse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Localised at the heart of Paris, the Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse is situated next to the Montparnasse station and close to the Paris Exibition Center Porte de Versailles. You will easily access to the famous tourism points of Paris : Eiffel tower, Notre-Dame de Paris, Saint-Germain-des-Prés... The 199 rooms are modern and air-conditioned. We will also find a restaurant within the hotel which provide tasty french cuisine, a bar/lounge and 4 meeting rooms for conferences and seminars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.