“Not up to Paris standards at all” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Weekend Offer in Paris
Ranked #1,241 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Dublin, Ireland
“Not up to Paris standards at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here for one week on business and I have to say I did not enjoy the experience. The rooms are okay but absolutely not at the standard you would expect for the price you pay. The place is outdated and has a very soulless feel about it. The plug sockets in the room broke my travel adaptor but the concierge had no interest in replacing it, instead just told me I needed to leave a €10 deposit to rent one from them. Overall a poor experience in a ridiculously overpriced hotel and I will not be staying here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

i spent more than one week in this hotel in two different categories of rooms ,i preferred deluxe room,the hotel is old as rooms are old and corridors are narrow and reminding old movies but the hotel is well located in heart of Paris and lobby is great.staff are welcoming specially concierge staff was very helpful and polite.i need to mention that the bar in the last floor which is great

Room Tip: choose deluxe category
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this review, 3 days ago
What a pleasure to read a review like yours about your stay with us.
I am really glad to read you enjoyed the service and the panoramic bar at the last floor and look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,
Michel Morauw
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wasn't impressed with the quality of the Hyatt Regency, especially for the price paid. Speed of check-in was a great initiation to the property, however, this strong-point quickly widdled away as soon as I entered the room. The decor/ quality of finishes was horrid and looked as though it hadn't been updated since the earrly 80's. Also, when an iron/ iron board was requested, I was instructed to head to the ironing room on the first floor (felt as though I was in a college dorm, not a Hyatt hotel). Lastly, the pillows/ sheets were the lowest in quality i've slept in a while. For the price paid, the location and quality of the hotel were not what I would expect from a Hyatt branded hotels- I guess they are able to rest on the fact that there is exhibition space close by and they don't need to strive to be better. Real shame as I found the staff (aside from the lobby bar staff which took 20 minutes to acknowledge a guest) to be quite helpful, especially Front Desk and Concierge.

Room Tip: At least try to get a view room if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile. We are deeply sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.
We will make sure to follow-up on this issue you mentionned and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
Best Regards
Michel Morauw
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Hyatt group of hotels is recognized worldwide for unmatchable standards of service and hospitality, and the security that the Hyatt group of hotels provides to their guests is highly responsible for creating the brand that Hyatt today is! However, unfortunately, in my case, the Hyatt Paris Etoile hotel failed to provide and meet the basic standards of security where my purse containing valuables, my passport, debit cards and currency were stolen from its dining area on the 1st floor - an area that is restricted only to staff members and to guests with valid coupons.

The entire sequence of events was recorded on their CCTV, but they refused to show me the video. I am convinced the person responsible was a staff member, and I even lodged an FIR with the police, but there has been no action taken. I was left stranded in Paris without my passport, without any currency, and the hotel did not offer any help at all. It almost seemed like the hotel authorities were hand in glove with the thieves.

I have written to the hotel from India several times, and the only reply I have received is that they are not responsible for any theft on their premises. They offered me 18,000 Gold Passport points to compensate for my loss, but in all honesty, that is a joke compared to the loss and harrassment I had to suffer. All I wanted was justice and for the thieves to be caught and punished, but the hotel is obviously protecting its staff.

I would advise everyone to stay away from this hotel unless you want to go through mental agony and torture.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_Regency_Paris, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your comment . Again, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenient happened during your stay.
I have been informed of your experience, and our manager was in touch with you to help you and support you for administrative tasks.
I also wanted to confirm you that the hotel staff was not involved in the case.
It’s an exceptional situation, and please be sure that we have taken measures to ensure that this does not happen again.
We were glad to read you could take your flight to India in the evening.
We look forward to welcoming you back, and providing you a unique Hyatt Experience.
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is in Good location. Near metro station. Clean but small rooms. Rooms are old fashioned and must be renovated. Standart continental breakfast. Staff is friendly and kind. It is near congress center. There are good restaurants near the hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will begin rejuvenating soon this classic property in order to provide our unique Hyatt guest experience.
The project will include a renovation of the hotel’s guestrooms and refurbishment of its public areas.

Sandy Springs, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

General:

I recently stayed at this hotel due to a conference being held there. The Hyatt is one of the tallest buildings in Paris and my room, 709, had a nice, though not direct, view of the Eiffel Tower. From the design of the hotel I would think about 35% of the rooms will have a good view of the Tower if that is important to you? If you are a photographer, there is a small window that opens so you are not shooting through glass. The hotel is currently renovating their rooms and my room had been freshly renovated (mostly the bathroom as I understand it). I could have had a higher floor, however those floors had not been renovated yet. The location is very good, however it is a medium to long walk to many of the popular tourist attractions, such as the Arc de Triumph, museums and Eiffel Tower, however if you are reasonably fit it is a pleasant walk down the Champs Elysees. If you prefer to take the train it is very close to the hotel and line 1 will take you most places for under 2 Euros (including connecting lines). I rode the train many times without any issues.

The initial presentation of the hotel is nice, with a large lobby. There is a restaurant, bar, health club and many other amenities, including a large shopping mall adjacent to the hotel. However, I would not eat at the hotel when you can get better food for a lot less across the street at one of the many café’s. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and as you would expect everyone spoke excellent English. In fact, we found everywhere we went in Paris everyone spoke English. Be careful around the elevators at peak time. Every elevator was so jammed I ended up taking the stairs from my room (which is actually more like 10 stories worth of stairs). I am not sure if some elevators were broken or there just are not enough of them.

As for the room, while small it was appropriately furnished except for a lack of storage and it was mostly clean (there was some trash left behind from a prior guest that might have been hidden from the staff). If you are alone its fine, but if there are two of you in the room you will live out of a suitcase. The closet is horribly small. We actually brought our own skinny wire hangers which helped out immensely in getting items to fit. The pillows and bed were comfortable, but the bed is a bit on the hard side. There is a nice desk that is big enough to work at. The television is small but had a good picture with a nice assortment of channels. The lighting was also very good. The bathroom, even though recently renovated is a little disappointing. There is only one sink and the counter area is just not big enough to hold much of anything. If you have any mobility issues be sure to tell the hotel since the tub/shower combination may be too high for some seniors of those with disabilities. There is also a makeup mirror installed. It is unlit and the way it is installed you can only see half your face. I’m not sure who thought this one out, but it needs to be changed and makes no sense. When you turn on the water you are greeted with an unpleasant odor, but it tasted fine and I had no issues with drinking it. The wi-fi was free and but there was no coffee pot in the room, nor was there an iron or ironing board. At night, there is no turndown if you care about such things. You may want to bring a small power strip if you have a lot of electronics and if you are coming from the U.S., remember to bring an adapter.

A hotel's purpose is to provide a clean and comfortable room, regardless of amenities, and the Hyatt succeeds at this.

There are a lot of nice small shops and restaurants near the hotel. When you leave the hotel, turn left, cross the street and bear slightly left to the next street and turn right. Go to Pou for sweets about a half mile down. Simply amazing.

Runners:
I like to give runners some tips. You are very close to an immense park with multiple trails. Take advantage of it. The area appears safe and there were many running in the early morning when I was out. Check out the Louis Vuitton Pavilion while you are out.
My overall experience here was very good, but not great. I am adding additional checklist information for those that are interested:

Check in
My reservation record was accurate.
The check-in process was efficient.
The check-in staff was excellent.

Guest Room
My room was mostly clean and comfortable.
My room was furnished appropriately.
My bed and bedding was comfortable but not luxurious.
The room was quiet and small.

Guest Staff
The guest staff was prompt, reliable, and friendly.
The guest staff was knowledgeable and fully answered my questions about the area.
Housekeeping staff was friendly and reliable.

Food and Dining
I did not experience the food at the hotel, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Amenities
There are plenty of hotel amenities, but I did not use any of them.

Check out
The check-out process was timely and efficient.
I received a complete and accurate bill.

Room Tip: Ask for not only a view of the Eiffel Tower, but one that looks on it a little more directly than just a side view. Higher up may not equate to better depending on your tastes since the higher rooms let you see more but are not renovated.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the view and the Boutiques du Palais.
About the shower, we do apologize for the disagreement with the shower. Please make sure we will share your feedback with our team to fix this issue as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A nice hotel within a 15 minute walk from l'Arc de Triomphe. The rooms are quite small, however the view at the Eiffel tower compensates it. The lobby bar closes at midnight, but there is a great skybar open until 2am.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the location and the Panoramic Bar!

We will be more than happy to welcome you back,
Michel Morauw,

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile? Share your experiences!