“Get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Mary's Hotel to your Saves list
Mary's Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, Rue de Malte, 75011 Paris, France (République)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1,264 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Birmingham
“Get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here in October for 1 night.
Cheap and cheerful. The room was clean, if not a little pokey. But you get what you pay for. Staff were very accomodating and friendly. They looked after our luggage for us as our room wasn't ready when we arrived. Beware if there are 2 of you staying in a room it definately feels like you are on top of each other, but not bad for 1 night. The rooms are very thin and noise goes on all night, so I would recommend ear plugs!
All in all it was ok!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a single room online with discounted price of 53 Euro for a day. The hotel is few metres away from Oberkampf metro line no. 5 from Gare Du Nord a major network station. They keep the luggage for the day but allow check in at 2-3 PM. I arrived early in the day and after keeping luggage went out to Republique 5 min or 1 km away. Had good breakfast at McDonald. Then tried to see L open Tour Green buses. After trying for one hour I realised these buses have stops near some of the major bus stops. I got a bus at 9.30 and took me to station 1 where you get another circuit (34 Euro for 2 days fo 4 circuits; they stop at 6 pm SO BEWARE). I went to see Eiffiel Tower. After waiting for 1 hr I went up and took great pictures. Came back to hotel and then went again. Came back 7.30 PM and slept whole night. No bugs, beds very soft 8 inches perhaps. TV in room. Toilet small but clean. Next day I went to other circuit near Gare Australitz and Gare Lyon. I saw the places in bus and came back. I packed the things in morning and things were there, they cleaned the room and did not disturb my packs which were almost open. But this is bad they should not clean wile persons have not checked out. The hotel was full. They give internet but in lobby. In room its not accessible.
Overall- highly recommedned for short stay - absolutely no problem

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors are better A/c was not working but maybe not required. Book early for single...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have had some last minute unexpected requests and the hotel staff handled it perfectly and helped us a lot. Very close to the metro stop, has places for food and drinks around. The room was bright, ok with space for 5 people. Very good for cheaper weekend with group of friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The most amasing hotel staff i've met! Hillarious Paul from the reception and the lovely owner Muhhamed! I've worked in hotels and resorts and i've stayed in 4-5* ones as well in small budget ones around the world and i can say for sure i will never forget them nor the hospitality they provide! Good english and spanish speekers in the reception, lovely room with big windows which they gave me out of their own reserves with a discount on arrival just because i was foolish enough not to check that there's two Mary's hotels in Paris which btw have nothing to do with one another apart from the name! They did everything that's possible to make me feel better and to resolve the mess i created. Im not gonna talk about any tiny flaws that every place has just because its not worth it, the whole experience is and i had an amazing one! I never, NEVER write reviews cause i find it waste of time but Cheering for those amazing people there is not! Im happy to have such an amazing memorie from Paris and from their hotel and when ever i would go back there i wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bordeaux, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Horrible!! first they almost cancelled, by sending us an email in the middle of the night before our arrival, saying they made a mistake and that they won't have room for us then after they solved the problem, we went out and came back at night to find a matress full of bedbugs... spent the night on a chair. we left at 4am...They still charged us for the breakfast even if we didn't take it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Decided on a last minute weekend break to Paris. And this hotel offered a pretty good rate, considering it was last minute & the location is quite good. It is located at Oberkamapf which is a good base actually. You can navigate around on the metro very easily from there.

So the good thing is it was cheap for Paris. However, that's about it for the positives.

The staff didn't speak English, the room was tiny (which is ok, normal for paris), but the bed was badly made, the sheets were old, one of the towels they gave us had a hole in it. The toiletries provided were below par, for example soap was provided in a hand dispenser like you find in public toilets. That was all there was too - no shampoo.

All of this I can live with because as I say, it was a cheap price in a good location.

However, when you do a city break you want to have a good night's sleep. I didn't get that once over 3 nights. Firstly our bed, was two single beds pushed together. It didn't work at all. Secondly the hotel was the noisiest I have ever stayed in. Hardly slept over the three nights. TVs audible from down the corridor, voices from other rooms, doors banging etc.

On the Saturday morning I complained to the guy at reception, who did not want to know. Instead he called over another guest who was responsible for a group of school kids from Nigeria. She apologised profusely. But it was strange, a guest apologising to another guest and the hotel representative just washing their hands of it. There is a chance we got a particularly bad experience with all the kids staying there, but honestly the acoustics of the hotel make it a noisy, unsleepable place for a light sleeper.

Lift didn't work after something like 9pm. Ridiculous!

On a city break, a good night's sleep is more important in my opinion than other things like getting hole-less towels etc. I don't think you will get it in this place. I will avoid next time

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was staying in Paris on a tight budget for 2 nights, this hotel was a good location, close enough to everywhere I needed to visit/wanted to visit and a safe location. The staff were very helpful considering I arrived early for check in and needed a area to not only store my luggage but also work! - they accomodated me and also helped me alot during my stay!
The 'hotel' is more like a budget hotel/hostel but it was fine for what I needed, a cheap, safe but clean stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mary's Hotel? Share your experiences!