“BED BUGS!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,277 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Bordeaux, France
“BED BUGS!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Horrible!! first they almost cancelled, by sending us an email in the middle of the night before our arrival, saying they made a mistake and that they won't have room for us then after they solved the problem, we went out and came back at night to find a matress full of bedbugs... spent the night on a chair. we left at 4am...They still charged us for the breakfast even if we didn't take it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Decided on a last minute weekend break to Paris. And this hotel offered a pretty good rate, considering it was last minute & the location is quite good. It is located at Oberkamapf which is a good base actually. You can navigate around on the metro very easily from there.

So the good thing is it was cheap for Paris. However, that's about it for the positives.

The staff didn't speak English, the room was tiny (which is ok, normal for paris), but the bed was badly made, the sheets were old, one of the towels they gave us had a hole in it. The toiletries provided were below par, for example soap was provided in a hand dispenser like you find in public toilets. That was all there was too - no shampoo.

All of this I can live with because as I say, it was a cheap price in a good location.

However, when you do a city break you want to have a good night's sleep. I didn't get that once over 3 nights. Firstly our bed, was two single beds pushed together. It didn't work at all. Secondly the hotel was the noisiest I have ever stayed in. Hardly slept over the three nights. TVs audible from down the corridor, voices from other rooms, doors banging etc.

On the Saturday morning I complained to the guy at reception, who did not want to know. Instead he called over another guest who was responsible for a group of school kids from Nigeria. She apologised profusely. But it was strange, a guest apologising to another guest and the hotel representative just washing their hands of it. There is a chance we got a particularly bad experience with all the kids staying there, but honestly the acoustics of the hotel make it a noisy, unsleepable place for a light sleeper.

Lift didn't work after something like 9pm. Ridiculous!

On a city break, a good night's sleep is more important in my opinion than other things like getting hole-less towels etc. I don't think you will get it in this place. I will avoid next time

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was staying in Paris on a tight budget for 2 nights, this hotel was a good location, close enough to everywhere I needed to visit/wanted to visit and a safe location. The staff were very helpful considering I arrived early for check in and needed a area to not only store my luggage but also work! - they accomodated me and also helped me alot during my stay!
The 'hotel' is more like a budget hotel/hostel but it was fine for what I needed, a cheap, safe but clean stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was dirty and things in the washroom fell apart. There were 3 of us and they gave us one small towel in total (to share?). There were stains and dust everywhere and we felt as though if we were going to be more dirty if we used the showers.

I would not recommend this place. You should probably pay the extra 10 euro somewhere else and get something clean.

Room Tip: I would avoid this place.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a nice and affordable hotel in a great location in Paris - very nice neighborhood, close to sightseeing, cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, right by the metro.
The rooms are small and pretty dirty - stains on walls, furniture, dirt in corners, mold in the shower. The cleaners seem to be doing a very 'partial' job on cleaning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was a great budget hotel that was clean, accommodating, and closer to the city center than I expected. The area is nice, quite and charming. We stayed here while traveling through Europe. We normally stayed in Hostels, but this was decent enough price the split rooms for the 10 of us. We stayed in the two bed rooms that came with 1 queen and 1 single. The queen was big enough for two dudes to share no problem. The Bathrooms where clean as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Portage, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Good budget hotel for family. Clean rooms, ok beds, and bathrooms, friendly staff. I did not eat the breakfast, as there is an awesome pastry shop only a few yards away. Also Oberkamp station and Carrefore grocery store very close. Lift was broken so stair climb was long.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Mary's Hotel? Share your experiences!