“Quaint hotel in the heart of the 4th” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Hotel Du Loiret
8 rue des Mauvais Garcons | 4th Arr., 75004 Paris, France (Hôtel-de-Ville)   |
Ranked #699 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
NYC
“Quaint hotel in the heart of the 4th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Fantastic boutique hotel right in the heart of the 4th. Walking distance to everything! The hotel was very accommodating to my husband and I and responsive to emails regarding our booking. Hotel rooms were relatively small, but we're from NYC so they seemed fine to us. The bathrooms were newly renovated and there was a safe. Upon checking out, the hotel had arranged transportation with us for a small fee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I read the reviews on this hotel before booking. Yes, the room and bathroom were small, but were spotless and the décor clean and fresh. As a couple who only use a hotel room for sleeping and showering, this was ideal for us. We didn't find the Wifi complicated and it worked fine for us when required. Yes, we could hear the other guests through the walls, but this didn't trouble us. We could also hear the street noise (even from the 5th floor), but again this didn't keep us awake. Given the price of the hotel at €100 a night for a city centre hotel in Paris, I thought it was excellent value, I've stayed in worse and paid a lot more. I would definitely return here, and would recommend it to friends/family.
The location is excellent, it's like being in a village within Paris. There are so many restaurants, bars, shops, tourist attractions nearby, it was perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel last October.Myself and my two daughters, ideal location very safe and central to sights plenty of local eateries to choose from.
The nighttime noise was not that bad and we were on the second floor in a triple room a very good size with a tiny bathroom,this is typical of Paris but it was recently refurbed and very clean.
The only complaints I have are that the hotel staff, with the exception of the guy on reception at night, were not very friendly or welcoming even though I made an effort to speak french and also on check out BEWARE we were overcharged 40 euros and when I emailed the hotel my emails were ignored,a friend has called in on my behalf and there is still no refund.
DON'T presume that they will charge you the cooect amount keep your confirmation handy.
It really spoiled what was a lovely weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed in Hotel du Loiret during my very first visit to Paris. I remember I had landed in Paris without a hotel reservation. I was in London where my work got finished earlier than scheduled and I had two spare days for myself. Taking my friends' advice, I headed directly to La Marais after reaching Paris and while strolling around the district, soaking up the trendy culture of this area (which was mesmerizing for me as a first time visitor) I 'discovered' this little great place.

The hotel receptionist was the first French person I spoke to in Paris and he was very very polite and helpful. He took the time to orient and guide me through the tourist map that I was carrying. The room was good with a view of the main street. The toilet was very small. Location is very convenient. River Seine is only 5 minutes' walk away. Once reaching the river Seine, you can take a river cruise, take the open bus tour or simply walk along the river bank.

Good restaurants, pubs, cafes and patisseries are within walking distance from the hotel. WiFi was bad/complicated but I was okay as I needed it only for about half an hour every evening.

I have already booked Hotel du Loiret for my upcoming visit to Paris.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I loved my stay at the Grand Hotel du Loiret, especially given the phenomenal rate of 100 euro per night (seems too good to be true, given that this is a three-star hotel). The location was superb, just off of Rue de Rivoli and a few minutes walk from the Hotel de Ville Metro station. A few footsteps away are lively restaurants, cafes and shops, and there is an epicerie (i.e. convenience store) downstairs where you can pick up snacks or bottled water. The hotel itself is situated on the edge of Le Marais, but everything you would want to see in the neighbourhood is within reasonable walking distance. Also within walking distance are Notre Dame Cathedral (10 minutes), the Latin Quarter (15 minutes), the Louvre (20 minutes), and the Orsay (25 minutes). There are a few handy Velib stations nearby, if you want to try your hand at bicycling through Paris.

I stayed in a room on the upper floor, which was pretty quiet except on Saturday nights (Le Marais is known for its lively nightlife), but if you are a light sleeper like me, then just bring earplugs. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous, and my room was clean and perfectly sized for me (I was traveling solo). I was lucky enough to also get the one room in the hotel with a wraparound balcony, with beautiful views of Le Marais, a perfect place to snack on some macarons that I picked up at the beautiful Pierre Herme shop nearby. The bathroom was quite spacious and had a great rainfall shower head and detachable wand.

My only complaint was that I could often hear noise from the adjoining room, which was not a huge deal for me but may bother some visitors. The price was perfection: 100 euros per night. I would definitely stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This little hotel in Marais district is very convenient to Metro, Notre Dame, Starbucks, the heart of Paris. It's clean, functional and staff is great.
Counterpoint: if you need reliable WiFi - walk on by. It is the most complicated access and convoluted system to use that we experienced in ALL of France the we dealt with in five weeks of travel in France. It is a contracted service that uses nonsensical names and passwords impossible to remember and must be re entered every time. Oh and it often drops you within a minute of access. We had better WiFi in very rural areas of France. Update their system and it's a great place to stay

• Stayed October 2013
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My room, like most non-luxury rooms in Paris, was barely more than a bed and a phone box-sized bathroom. The desk could barely accommodate my laptop (I didn't use it much anyway, since the wi-fi connection was so slow that I had to use a stripped-down version of gmail just to check and send emails), and there was nowhere to hang a toiletries bag in the bathroom. Thin walls let in more noise than the window, which sealed well and opened onto a narrow, enclosed ledge with a view to the street. I skipped the breakfast option, since there are dozens of cafes in the area. The location was great for walking in the Marais, and it was close to the metro. One complaint: my bathroom had not been cleaned very well: there was hair from a previous guest on the small shower stall drain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Grand Hotel Du Loiret? Share your experiences!