“Hospitality above all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eber Mars

You added Hotel Eber Mars to your Saves list
Hotel Eber Mars
117 av La Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Ranked #397 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Herfoelge, Denmark
“Hospitality above all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Having spent two nights at the hotel: we loved it. The staff gave exellent guidence about restaurants, way around Paris and so forth. Very kind staff and a charming small hotel with in walking distance from Eiffel Tower. Thanks Frederic :-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was in Paris for one night, booked this room just for the view and wifi. The wifi was not working and the person at the front desk was rude about it, and said maybe tomorrow someone would fix it. the view was beautiful at night if you hang out the window to see it :)
The room was ok - definitely not any room I would choose to stay in again. The elevator was tiny (fit one person) and was scary - being on the 6th floor it was a lot of stairs after all that walking around Paris. As I was leaving to go out at night, I speak no French, but the women at the front desk was yelling at me in French to leave my key. I wouldn't do it - so she has someone (who barely spoke english) translate, said it was for security, and was asking what valuables I had in the room. I was not sure what the deal is here, but for security I am keeping my key. I had been in and out a few times, and not once did they ask for my key. Now, they want it and didnt even ask relatively nicely (well from the tone at least it was not nice!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We booked a stay at Hotel Eber Mars for Valentine's weekend. The owner, Monsieur Eber, was charming and gracious when we checked in, giving us a 6th floor room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. He also gave us several maps and spent time giving us the lay of the city and some restaurant and transportation tips. The room was in great condition, with everything we needed. And the location of the hotel was perfect, only a few blocks to the Eiffel Tower, a metro station, and several good eating options. Next time we're in Paris, we would definitely return to Hotel Eber Mars, and would recommend it to anyone.

Jim and Laura Fritz

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

As a 21 year old girl from Australia, first time backpacking around Europe by herself, staying at Hotel Eber Mars was so wonderful. I was there for a week, my room was small, however, coming from Far North Queensland in Australia where houses/hotel rooms are generally quite larger than European standards, it was all that I needed being by myself; my room was very tidy and clean. Mr Mars himself was such a delight to meet!! Being a foodie just like myself, he directed me to all the amazing restaurants and places to go; which I did and they were fantastic! I've never experienced such amazing food and wine! He spoke to me every day, showing me places to go, things to do and what to watch out for for people preying on young women such as myself… he looked after me as if i was his own daughter which was very relieving as I was by myself. The hotel is a short walk away from the Eiffel Tower, fantastic restaurants/cafes/chocolate shops and if you are happy to walk you can walk all around paris from the hotel like i did :) The lift in the hotel is only meant for one person so don't expect your lounge to come with you! however that is the charm of the hotel. The front desk is 24/hrs so it is very convenient. I felt very welcome and happy at the hotel and I cannot wait to come back and stay there when myself and my now partner travel there in 2 years time :)

Room Tip: Just ask Mr. Mars exactly what you want and your budget and I am sure he will help you to the best o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for a total of three nights, the hotel was clean and in a perfect location for us. Upon arrival, being our first time in Paris, the staff kindly informed us of the best ways to get around the city and the popular restaurants to go to.
The only (minor) negative for us was the the lift, it's a tad claustrophobic as only one person can squeeze in at a time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We just returned from staying here for 2 nights and then 3 nights, and had quite a good time.
The staff were fantastic; they let us speak in French or English, printed our train tickets, and held our bags for the two nights we were away.

The location is amazing, the Eiffel tower was visible from our second room, and it is less than a block from the Ecole Militaire stop on Metro 8. Les Invalides is a couple metro stops away, as well as Musee d'Orsay, and the rail to Versailles is about 10 minutes walk.

The only downside were the rooms, unfortunately. They were quite nice, but also quite small, and on the expensive side. There weren't many amenities; no coffee pot, we had a fridge in our second room, and you can't bring food up, so your only choice is to eat out at one of the nearby, very pricey, cafes/restaurants, or to take the metro somewhere else for cheaper food.

Overall, a very good place to stay, and if you are new to Paris, you can't go wrong with the Hotel Eber Mars.

Room Tip: Check them out on the web to find the right room. There are several different classes of rooms, and...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We arrived at around midnight and were welcomed by a most friendly, professional and helpful gentlemen at the reception who was expecting us and hall all reservation details. We received the wireless access codes and were informed that breakfast is served either in the room or downstairs 24 hours ! We were given a choice of 2 rooms for us to select which I found a very nice touch. The room was recently fully renovated including the bath room. All amenities and necessary touches were available. The new bed and matress was sublime, top quality and we had a most restful and good nights sleep. From the balcony we could see the illuminated top portion of the Tour Eiffel in the near distance. We had breakfast in the nicely arranged room next to the reception and the croissants were excellent, my wife still talks about it. So was the coffee, real good and strong coffee. The owner has given us some real good suggestions for visiting Paris, restaurants and shopping. The location is most convenient and central. The room was perfectly cleaned for our return. We truly enjoyed our stay and will return as there is nothing we could fault in the service and the place gives you the real feeling of being in Paris, not another impersonal and soulless place where all floors and rooms look alike.
Well done and keep up the good job.

Room Tip: Rooms giving on the inner courtyard are larger Rooms in front have Eiffel Tower view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Eber Mars? Share your experiences!