“Our stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Gabriel Paris

You added Hotel Gabriel Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Gabriel Paris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 rue du Grand Prieure, 75011 Paris, France (Formerly Hotel Gabriel Paris Marais) (République)   |
Special Rate
€119 (EUR)
Ranked #414 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Sevenoaks
“Our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Staff are extremely helpful, room the best we have stayed in in Paris..
Even more wonderful is the restaurant The Pharmacie a few steps away with the most amazing food, lovely ambiance, and not expensive.
Would I revisit.. Absolutely both the hotel and restaurant are fabulous!

Room Tip: Sorry but the don't have a pool.. Can't undo the tick boxes! Even so we had a very lovely t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hôtel G, Responsable réception at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for recommending us and for your good comments.

We are happy to read that you loved our rooms and we will look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Sincerely yours

Sara SILVA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

...by the boutique label attached to this place. You will get a pretty basic level of service here, including sporadic refills of the amenities, no-frills breakfast menu, and a persistent 'no' to pretty much any kind of request to the front desk. Would have given it a three star rating were it not for the double charge they've managed to successfully apply to my credit card.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hôtel G, Responsable réception at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions and for writing a comment after your stay at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, especially as our staff is always eager to assist our guests with their various requests.

We suggest that you contact us directly to book your next stay and to be able to enjoy the real Gabriel Experience.

Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

When bookng this hotel I could not wait to stay, it was easy to find and was in a very quiet side street, upon check in we found out we had been upgraded to an executive suite which was very impressive, it was small but for a city it was all you could wish for, very comfortable clean with everything you would need, the brekfast is delicious and set you up for the rest of the day, the one thing i cannot praise enough was the staff who were so friendly and helpful. its so close to a metro which goes to all the main sites and there are so many cafes close by, i recommend indiana cafe and tavern karlsbrau (their mojito's are evil). i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
juliengabriel, Responsable réception at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for all the nice things you wrote about us and for recommending Hotel Gabriel Paris !

We always do our utmost to make the stays of our guests as enjoyable as possible, and we are always eager to help or offer our assistance.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I rarely write reviews but I wanted to share my experience at Hôtel Gabriel Paris Marais from Dec. 27/2012. I stayed there because the hotels I usually stay at were all booked. It is a little out of the way but that turned out to be one of the best things about it. The hotel is quiet, modern and very clean with large rooms. Breakfast included and until 11AM. Within a 2 block area there is a bakery, grocery store (open till 11PM) florist, bread shop, wine shop and a fabulous restaurant, La Pharmacie that was delicious. It is between Metro stops Oberkampf and Republic. Lots of Velib bicycles. It is a nice neighborhood place. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good comments and rating.

We are delighted to hear that Hotel Gabriel Paris was a good surprise to you and that you fully enjoyed your experience !

We look forward to welcoming you another time soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had been to this hotel last fall. I was expecting something different from photos as I usually face when I select hotels online... But this hotel was looking as amazing as it is presented in the photos. Minimal modern design makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. I did not have anything in restaurant or bar but I liked my stay in hotel. My room was smelling nice, comfy bed and nice lit. The area is in the heart of town so you can get to Republic train station in minutes. The only drawback was that the room was small and hotel was not that big as you usually expect four or five star hotels but to me it was fine...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to share your impressions after your stayed at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

We were delighted to welcome you and thank you for your good rating !

As we offer diffrerent room categories and sizes, please feel free to contact us to have the most accurate advice about which room would best suit your needs for your next booking.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon !

Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

So let's be clear about this hotel. The experience you have will depend on your expectations. If you haven't paid a lot of money for the room, you just need a place to sleep, you don't care about being far from the action then this is a pretty good deal. If you think you've found a chic, design hotel that's just waiting to be discovered, i believe you'll be happier elsewhere.

First, forget the Marais in the name. This is nowhere near the Marais. It's at least a 15 minute walk. Second, make sure you ask someone what size the room is, because they can be almost illegally small. Mine was so small that i had attacks of vertigo and claustrophobia - neither have ever happened to me - and was about to pay 259 euro (on top of what ihad paid) to go to the hotel across the street when they decided to give me the handicap room on the main floor practically in the dining room (for a supplement). I was able to transfer my stuff after waiting for 15 minutes for the elevator fron the first floor. The housekeeper kept going up and down from different floors and shrugging her shoulders at me. Also please note if you are handicapped this room has no hairdryer, no hangers, no alarm clock, and one shower will flood the room for the rest of your stay. The bathrooms in all of ghe rooms have a flat shower tile so water leaks out into the bathroom and you end up having to

Is the hotel all new? Yes. Is it clean? Yes. Does it have a good design aesthetic? Yes. Is breakfast included? Yes. Are the rooms cheap? I hope so, otherwise not worth it. Are these rooms accurately portrayed on the site? Not so much. If you're looking for a relaxing hotel in Paris for your vacation, I would suggest you go elsewhere. If you're looking for a good budget solution and your alternative was a hostel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to write a comment after staying with us.

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

The details about our rooms – including their sizes - are available on our website and the websites of our distribution partners alike. However, as we understood your disappointment, we did our best to offer another room. Since we were fully booked during your stay, we could only offer the room on the main floor with an extra cost because it’s in another category than the room you had booked. You decided to move and pay this extra cost after you saw the room.

We are also sorry to hear that the lift was not available at the moment you needed it. Please note that Reception is available 24/7. Our team is always eager to assist our guests with their requests. Had you contacted us about it, we would have been delighted to arrange immediate assistance with your luggage.

Finally and should you reconsider your position, we will be delighted to welcome you again soon so that you will be able to enjoy a real Gabriel experience.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Yes this hotel is styled or stylish if you want and honestly I liked it but I didn't love it, it was too "clinic" for me.
What I loved was the neighbourhood full of cafes and restaurants and shops, it was close to the subway (in Paris this is easy) and the staff was polite and helpful.
The breakfast was nice, all organic, but I'm not crazy about organic food.
I didn't choose the hotel, my husband did and we had a great stay, the hotel is quite good but it's not my style.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Gabriel Paris? Share your experiences!