“Cant recommend it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Maine

You added Hotel du Maine to your Saves list
Hotel du Maine
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Rue Maison Dieu | 14th Arr., 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #1,385 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Rennes, France
“Cant recommend it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

First of all, I had not a good first impression, because of a guy at the reception, he was drunk! A drunk receptionist. Wow! =) Really, i was quite surprised of course, probably it was because of a holidays (i arrived on 3th of January). But anyway, he's a face of the hotel.. Second reason, there wasn't wi-fi at that time. But i cant say it's permanent problem at that place, because i just stayed there for one night.. And you know, the most awful thing was the hairs on all towels and on my bed!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Woodridge, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in August of 2012. I had little difficulty with most of the aspects of my stay. I had not opted to pre-purchase breakfast on the 3 mornings that I would be there. On two mornings, I decided to eat breakfast at the hotel, and paid the desk clerks in cash. When I checked out, the clerk (a different one from the two to whom I had paid cash) stated that I had not paid for the breakfasts and insisted that I do so at check-out. I protested that I had paid cash and that there should be some record, or, at least, he could check with the other clerks, but his response was a terse "Non!" Not wanting to miss my flight, I paid for the breakfasts (again.) I later emailed the hotel about this matter, but they insisted that they could not determine that I had paid cash to the clerks and refused to refund the double payment. It would probably be actionable to suggest that the two clerks had pocketed the cash, so I will officially suppose that there was an error in record-keeping, but the hotel's willingness to lose a future customer (and perhaps others based on this review) over a refusal to believe me and an inability to simply check with the clerks leaves me with a very unfavorable impression. I would strongly recommend that you avoid this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rennes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

All the members of staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. They were even kind enough to keep one of my bags for two weeks while I did other travelling. The lifts and the rooms were quite small but fine for a trip that was spent mostly out of the hotel doing sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Angers, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days. This hotel wasn't expensive and all of the staff was kind. I didn't want to clean my room, it was possible. I didn't ask it but I think there is system of lunch and diner in all room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Located in the Montparnesse area and less than 10 minutes walk from the Metro station and less than 15 minutes from Gare Montparnasse, this small hotel suffices. There is not a lot of room to stretch out, but when in Paris, you should be out of the hotel most of the time.

I was pleasantly surprised by the small refrigerator in the room so that I could store my food.

The room is small and the Wifi signal did not reach my room, even though I was on the ground floor. But being on the ground floor enabled me to step out and sit in the lobby quite easily and get Wifi.

The front-desk staff is friendly and helpful with getting around Paris. They have good English skills.

The hotel is near a very busy street, Ave du Maine, with lots of shops and restaurants.

Clean bed, linens, bathroom and floors. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor so that you can get Wifi easily by stepping out of the room and into...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

The first, second and the lust impression of this hotel I can describe with one word - "average".

The room was small, but so was the price. Everything was clean and quiet. Wi-Fi area is only in the lobby and works poorly, though it was free of charge. We did not take breakfast and prefered to eat in the city. Front-desk guys were sweet and answered our questions pretty friendly. I wouldn't say the location was suberb, but metro-station was in walking distance.

Do I regret staying there? - No, I knew what to expect.
Would I stay there again? - Probably I would look for some other place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I recommend every young couple who are going to Paris to spend a romantic weekend. Hotel met my expectations, I was extremely happy with it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel du Maine? Share your experiences!