“Pleasant accommodation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,505 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Hradec Kralove Region, Czech Republic
“Pleasant accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014

Hotel is in quiet locality. It is only few metres to metro and really close to the centre. Close by (maybe 200m) is parking house Montmartre,post office and night shop. It is close by Sacre-Couer and beautifull view of all Paris.

Room Tip: There could be higher temperature
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Hotel Camelia is located in a great spot in Paris, it takes you about 5 mins to Moulin Rouge, and about 30mins walk to Montmartre. Hotel itself is ok for the price you are paying for. Room is very small, and the floorboards are slanted, the place almost in dire need of renovation. The worst is that it doesn't have wifi in its rooms, only in the lobby, makes it difficult.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

This is quite a nice hotel for economy travelling. The location is very nice, near metro station and there are some interest points within walking distance. The room we were in was not big, but it had a bathroom with a bathtub en-suite! The hotel has a small elevator as well. The staff is friendly, although we did not spend much time in the hotel, so, I really could not tell more.
Generally, it is fully worth it's money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

It's my 2nd time to stay in this hotel and location wise, it is very convenient to go around Paris city centre by walking or metro even at night. I would like to commend d hotel staff though (old middle eastern looking guy in the morning and french guy at night shift - forgot their names) - they may not be experts in technology or stuff but they are so accomodating and helpful in their simplest ways possible. Ive witnessed how they would offer anything to help you go around, carry my super heavy luggage and u dont see irritation or offer a pitcher of hot water to heat a baby bottle's milk coz no microwave is available which for me is making my stay here worth it. Simple things make clients appreciate them more. Its not the fanciest hotel if ur looking for one but value for money and to see the receptionists' sincere assistance, I am definitely booking here again.

• Stayed October 2014
Chicago area (Wadsworth), Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

I am stunned and completely dismayed by how this hotel handled my reservation for 4 rooms from 9/16/14 through 9/20/14. I had been in email contact with them beforehand, and when a month out they asked for a deposit for just the first night (of the 4 nights my senior friends and I were staying), I instead asked them to charge the ENTIRE 4 nights right away on my Visa credit card, almost 4 weeks before we arrived. They sent me an email 10 days later saying, and I quote: "Hello. We inform you that the first night of your reservation for the 4 rooms will be prepaid today."

Great! They evidently wanted only 1 night prepaid, so all is good. I'll pay the balance however they like upon arrival, I guess. Then yesterday, just 72 hours before our plane leaves from Chicago, IL, USA, I get an email saying they cancelled my reservation and immediately rebooked my rooms to others. With NO notice! I had called the hotel several times in the past week, only to get a man who said, when I asked, "Do you speak English?" "NO! I do not speak English. Call back tomorrow at 9 o'clock and talk to the manager." To me, hey...that's English...but not a man who wants to do his job! So I set my alarm for 2AM Chicago time and called. THEN was told the manager would not be coming in for another 3 days! SO confused over there! SO unhelpful!!

Their email finally said they never did charge my Visa card, and their verbatim note above actually must have meant: "We NEED prepayment TODAY." Since I'd sent my Visa info 10 days earlier, and based on the wording of their message back to me, I had no idea that was the issue.

I travel throughout Europe often, and host a group annually of about 40-45 adults. I book often, I always prepay, I have excellent credit with almost a $30,000 monthly limit on my card, which I pay off the same day the foreign transaction goes through. I also called and offered Hotel Camelia, both verbally and in writing, an extra 500 euro, then upped it to 1000 euro, to cancel the other 3 reservations they took just a few hours earlier and reinstate mine. Lord knows why, but they refused that!

Their monumental error has caused me and my group SO much stress it is unfathomable. And they do not care at all. I hope this is not proof of what so many people say, that the French treat Americans badly. I STRONGLY recommend you do NOT book this hotel, as their management seems nonexistent.

I am happy the majority of our group is booked across the street at Hotel Darcet. I have heard raves about them! If you get to this district of Paris, choose Hotel Darcet over Hotel Camelia International. Or choose ANYWHERE over Hotel Camelia International. Ugh.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Camelia International? Share your experiences!