“It's a good place for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Camelia International
3, rue Darcet | 17 Arr., 75017 Paris, France (Batignolles-Monceau)   |
Ranked #1,611 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Dublin, Irlanda
“It's a good place for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I spent five days in Paris and I used this hotel just to sleep. It's worth their price. The Hotel is well-located, about 5 minutes to a metro station. Also, the hotel is in a 'Night Area' and there are lots of options of things to do, such as pubs, restaurants and even the Moulin Rouge.
The room was very clean and tidy, however, only one member of the staff was fluent in English. It was hard to communicate with other people in the staff.
After all, I recommend this hotel for future travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

It was a trip of 7 days. We had 2 double rooms,one next to the other. The room was so small that we couldn move at all. The walls were very thin,we could speak to our friensd in the next room through the wall! The only good thing was that the room was clean. I would not recomμend this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I have just stayed here over the weekend. With my sister and daughter we had a lovely family room. Yes it was basic but there was a TV and hairdryer. The cleaner I must say did an excellent job our room was cleaned and fresh towels given each day of our 3 day stay. The reception staff were all friendly. A short walk to nearest metro. Free wifi in reception too. If I were to give a negative I would have liked amenities to make coffee in room

• Stayed December 2013
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel is old, the rug smells, and the bathroom is microscopic... location is not so well, noise every night from other rooms, not confortable at all... Besides, the crew was very helpful, and try hard to compensate the lack of hotel they have. They help me a lot, so, if you don't find anything closer, or better reviewed, this guys can help you in every quistion you can possibly have.

The crew has no fault for this hotel facts, actually they do kind of a difference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When I stayed here in April 2011, the hotel was undergoing some building work. The room I stayed it was clean and tidy, which a large double bed. The ensuite facilities, however, were not exactly what you would call comprehensive. There was a shower and a loo, fair enough, but normally I would expect to be able to turn around in the shower, not have to walk in backwards so you can close the door!

I stayed on the 6th floor, which meant there was no internet access, as this only reached the floor 2, I think. This wasn't much of a problem as I could still access it in the hotel lobby.

The breakfast on offer was simple to say the least, however for the price I cannot complain. Other hotels are at least 3 times the price of this place in Paris and it's located close to the metro on line B, making it easy to get around Paris.

The staff on reception were friendly, and pleased when you tried to speak French. They were never rude to me but I did witness them taking a rude tone with one of the guests, but you would when someone was speaking loudly and slowly at you in a language you don't speak fluently and treating you like an idiot.

On the whole for the price I paid it was a good hotel. But as I won't ever be going to Paris again, I won't be returning here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

we went there just for 2 nights, i have to say that in general it was not that bad: staff were very friendly and helpful,bathroom was clean, towels and hairdryer provided, comfortable beds (clean sheets although sheets have not been changed on a daily basis). Definitely value for money but i would not recommend this hotel overall. The hallway was absolutely minging. The cables from the light were hanging out of the sockets. First night we couldn't sleep as people were very noisy having sex (absolutely disgusting! Also we had a window but we couldn't breath as there was no fresh air and circulation. Overall poor but value for money.

Room Tip: do not take triple room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

First of all: this is not the Camelia from the movie Taken. It is a dirty, old hotel with worn bed linens, frayed carpeting, and bare lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling by their wires. The photos on the website must be 20 years old, back when things were new. They sure don't look like that now. The king-size bed in our room was up against the wall so close that we had to hug the wall to get around the corner to the bathroom. Our small window opened onto a light shaft of about 5' x 5' that was roofed over so no ventilation and the room got very stuffy and hot overnight. The other hotel room our travel partners had was roomier, but also worn and smelled worse than ours. The bathroom in one of the rooms looked more new and the towels seemed clean. One man at the reception seemed friendly, spoke English and was able to give us good Metro directions for our sightseeing. The next morning we were totally ignored while the person working the front desk spent nearly half an hour with a loud, large family that had spread themselves out all over the lobby. Lobby was also worn and old. We did not dare try the breakfast for fear that the food quality would be as bad as the facility in general. Stay away from this one if you can. Book this only if you are very budget conscious and simply can't afford anything better.

Room Tip: Tip for choosing a good room: go to another hotel. If you are already committed to this one, your c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Camelia International? Share your experiences!