“Clean, quiet aparthotel in great area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Ranked #23 of 120 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Glasgow,
“Clean, quiet aparthotel in great area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here and were impressed with our room. It was clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed and excellent shower. We had to ask for extra pillows, but these were provided straight away. The kitchen area was adequate for our 6 day stay, however there was no table for eating provided and we had to use the desk area. Free internet is provided, but is not always a strong signal although this isn't unusual for hotels. We arrived during a heat wave (35C) and the air conditioning was very effective. There was plenty of storage space to unpack and stow our suitcases leaving plenty of floor space available. The area is full of bistros, restaurants, cafés and bakers and there are numerous supermarkets supplying provisions for self catering. Metro stations for line 1 and 8 are nearby ( line 1 takes you straight into Champs élysées). This is a very safe area and not too touristy or busy even in July. Reasonably priced too ( especially for Paris).

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights as a couple. We found the Aparthotel concept fabulous for a slightly longer stay. Spacious rooms, good size fridge (which is hard to come by in Europe), microwave, and although we didn't use it ours also had a stovetop. Comfortable bed and spacious bathroom with good shower. Felt very new. Good location close to 2 metro stations which was very convenient. Price very reasonable for Paris. Only problem we found was the house keeping policy, where stays up to 4 nights are serviced daily, 5-7 nights are one per week servicing. We found that no housekeeping for 5 night stay was a bit of a stretch.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We didn't realise that this was a different version of a hotel.
Not a lot of planning and thought went into the design of the room.
For example No kettle, No toaster.
Filter coffee maker, never used no filters or info. No coffee cups, until I asked.
4 hot plates, no spare beach space to put wet dishes.
A complicated microwave with grill.
No small saucepans to boil water, only large ones.
No spare space for groceries, only the desk.
No shower screen, so water goes everywhere. No equipment to clean up after showering.
No suitcase rack.
Rooms not serviced daily, unless staying 4 night or less.
Only supplied 2 pillows and 1 bath towel, until I asked for more, there was 2 of us.
The room was large, although no comfy chairs. Need to book room for 4 to get comfy chairs.
The room appeared clean, but when we were forced to wipe the wet bathroom floor after using the shower, the bathmat was dirty. I don't think our room had been used in a while.
No PowerPoint near the mirror in the bathroom, to use hair dryer or straightener.
The air conditioning was excellent.
The staff at the front desk varied with English, friendliness and helpfulness.
The front desk had reduced hours over the long weekend, we weren't informed ahead of time.
I had to keep asking for toilet paper, as we were given 2 rolls for 2 people and the room was to be serviced on day 7. We were never told if we were expected to buy this.
Overall it was a comfortable stay, affordable, close to the Metro but just not what was expected.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 604. It was very quiet, slept well.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have just returned from a 2 month stay at the Adagio aparthotel and have a mixed review. It is relatively new and provides clean, basic accommodation in a good location in Paris, close to many restaurants. And for an expensive city like Paris, they offer reasonable hotel rates. I would recommend it for a short stay (1 week or so) but not for long term stays of 3 weeks or more. I certainly would not describe the rooms as being apartments. They are hotel rooms, with a small kitchenette. The rooms ending in '06' are slightly larger as they have a long hallway between the entrance door and the bedroom area and the kitchen is in that hallway and not beside the bed as in the other 'apartments'.

I personally think that not enough thought went into design/set up of the hotel, especially with regards to the needs of long term guests: there is no clock in the room, so you only ever know the time if you check your watch or phone. To me, having a clock in a hotel room/apartment is basic. There is no kettle in the room. There is a coffee maker, but no mugs. There is no cupboard space to put any food (as the cupboard space is occupied by plates & glasses, built-in rubbish bin and microwave), which is not ideal if you want to prepare your own meals. The pots that are provided are fairly large so only one can fit on the hot plates/rings at at time. There are no washing/laundry facilities onsite, so you have to do your washing in the nearby laundry and there is no iron or hair dryer in the room. You have to loan these from reception. All these points are just some of the reasons why the hotel really is not suitable for long term stays.

The downsides for me was firstly the standard of the cleaning of the room. The cleaners only seem to clean the shower unit and sink and make the bed. They do not clean/hoover the floors which get very dusty and left a lot of dust on my shoes and bags. They did not clean the bathroom floor or the wall surrounding the shower and would often leave you with just 1 towel. I always knew when the cleaners had been in my room as my stuff in the bathroom and beside my bed had been thrown around. For stays of 1 week or more, your room will only be cleaned once per week and not during the first 7 days of your stay. But if you stay for less than a week, your room will be cleaned daily.
The flush on my toilet kept going, mostly at night, then it would work again in the morning, although on one occasion it stopped working although together. The wireless internet kept cutting out and you would have to keep logging back in. If you spent the whole day in the room, you would need to keep checking that the Internet/wireless access was still connected, and it wouldn't allow you to use more than one device (laptop and phone) on a single entry code/password.
There is an open shower which drains into the floor, however the floor is not slanted enough towards the drain, so most of the bathroom floor gets wet when taking a shower and if you don't shut the bathroom door, all the water goes out the door.
The hotel entry code changes once a month, but they do not inform you of the new code. I came back to the hotel one evening and the code was not working. Luckily reception was still open so they could let me in. I was then told that the code had been changed. Two of my colleagues who were staying at the hotel also, arrived at the hotel one night to find they couldn't get in because the code had changed and they hadn't been advised of the new one. The reception was not open when they arrived, but luckily another guest came along and was able to let them in. There were numerous times that I would see guests stranded outside the hotel for not having an up to date code or having been given a wrong code. Not good!
My last complaint would be that the bed was quite hard and squeaked quite a bit. I got the impression that it was not a bed that was bought from new.

The staff were friendly, and overall I did not have a bad stay. I would just say that the hotel needs to improve in some areas.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 06
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Laurent V, Responsable réception at Aparthotel Adagio Access Paris Reuilly, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.

First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks have therefore been duly noted.

We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.

Kind regards,
idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a new property and everything is very clean and in great condition. During my stay, there were also consistently maintenance personnel working to keep everything clean and in working order.

I stayed for a considerable time and am providing a lengthy and in-depth review to help others.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel but read the information because this is not for everyone!

The Good:

The hotel and rooms are clean, new, and with a nice contemporary design. The staff is fluent in English and helpful, but maybe new at their jobs. There were some issues.

I found the room to be actually quite large for European standards. Very similar even to U.S. hotel room sizes. Anyone who travels frequently in Europe will understand sleeping in a closet versus an actual hotel room.

The mattresses were excellent, some type of memory foam which I found to be wonderful. There are two side tables and side lights. There are sheer curtains and blackout curtains that really keep the light out.

There were two small windows that opened to let in fresh air which is very nice in any hotel room.

The kitchenette was tiny but everything you might need on a vacation: small fridge, sink (no electric disposal), 2 burner cook top, coffee maker, dishes & serveware for 4, pots and pans, miscellaneous cooking utensils, microwave. The kitchen is probably not adequate if you are staying for several weeks and ever want to actually cook a full meal.

The hotel was very, very quiet, at least in my experience. I was on the second floor. The only noises I heard were ambient door openings and closings and a random suitcase rolling. It was wonderful. I was on the backside of the hotel, however. But the street in front of the hotel is also not a busy street so I would imagine there is not a lot of noise there, either.

There is a very large towel dryer/wall heater in the bathroom which came in handy for drying sink laundry.

There are two desks, one large and one smaller "v" shaped desk. I ended up moving it near the kitchen into the corner to use as a dining table.

There are 2 coat hooks on the all behind the entry door which were handy for purses and scarves.

There is also a nice flat screen TV mounted over the larger desk with many, many channels offered.

The location is excellent if you are not looking to be in a highly touristed area. (If you want to be "in the middle of things" this is not the hotel for you. But everything "touristy" is a short metro ride away.)

There are two metro stations within a very short walk. I used the Faidherbe-Chaligny most as I found it the easiest access. The Chaligny access nearest the hotel was literally down about 10 stairs, through the turnstyle, and one turn and the train access was right there. This station is Metro Line 8 and will get you just about anywhere quickly.

There is a small grocery store about 1/2 block away, as well as a self-serve laundry a few doors from the grocery. There is a bigger grocery store (Monoprix) at the next metro stop Ledru-Rollin.

There are many, many cafes and restaurants within 5-10 minutes walking from the hotel. For Americans who love their fast food? There is a McDonalds 1/2 block away.

The breakfast that was offered daily by the hotel (I only used it once) was actually quite good. Fresh breads and pastries, coffees (auto machine with multiple choices), some fruit, juices, cereal, eggs (with self serve boiler), etc. I thought it was a bit pricey (9 Euro) but this is Paris. All sit down meals are spendy. It would be nice if they offered just a smaller option for pastry & coffee/juice, etc.

But there is also a coffee dispenser in the lobby.

The boulevard just 1/2 block away (Rue du Fauborg-St. Antoine) is a lovely, long boulevard with many, many, many shops and boutiques. It ends at the Bastille roundabout and continues as Rue St. Antoine which then joins into Rue de Rivoli which is another amazing shopping area. I walked the entire length one morning doing some shopping and it was not overly taxing.

There are two Orange mobile stores within walking from the hotel if you want to get on a local mobile provider. Both are on Rue du Fauberg-St. Antoine.

The Bad:

The hotel's "environmental" policy is weird and seemingly backward. If you stay 1-4 nights, you get maid service, clean room, clean towels, the works, every day. If you stay more than 4 nights, you DON'T GET ANYTHING CLEANED UNTIL DAY 7.

I found this to be substandard. The people who burden the environment the most are those that stay in hotels for short stays and demand daily cleaning service. It seems to me the hotel would fair better to only offer daily cleaning to short stay clients when requested and offer at least a mid-week cleaning to long stay clients. No human being should use the same bath towel for 7 days: it is unhygenic. I ended up taking mine to a self service laundry. And I was solo so had two sets of towels to rotate in the week. But still, the last thing I want to do on my vacation is the hotel's laundry! Weird.

Also, the only bathroom "amenities" provided are multiuse soap dispensers: one near the sink and one in the shower, and some toilet paper.

Both of the bathroom soap dispensers were nearly empty when I got there and ran out by Day 3. I had to go buy soap. Again, if they are not going to provide room cleaning for 7 days, at least make sure the soap is full in the bathroom.

This soap also was colored yellow and had a strong perfume. It was pleasant but seemed a bit strong and perhaps not the best choice to force on hotel guests. A perfume free, dye free option would be better.

I was also only given one spare roll of toilet paper with about 1/4 roll on the holder. Ran out by Day 3.

As other reviewers have stated, the bathroom is gigantic which seems a waste of space. The toilet is literally steps away from the sink so if you run out of TP, you cannot reach to get a new roll.

Also, the bathroom design -- although beautiful -- was very inefficient. There was nowhere in the shower to put anything. No ledge or cubbies for razors, bar of soap, shampoo/conditioner (not everyone likes to use the mutipurpose hotel soap). This was extremely inconvenient.

And I could not figure out the shower design. The shower stall was more or less completely open to the bathroom with one glass "wall" that moved on a hinge. But it was about 18 inches too short to enclose the shower while you were in it and did nothing otherwise to keep the bathroom dry when you showered. The water just sprayed out everywhere.

And the shower faucet was right at elbow height so every time I moved or reached or scrubbed anything, my elbow hit the lever and turned off the water.

There is also a garbage sorting policy that seem a little oppressive for vacationers. I was a bit concerned the "garbage police" were going to come and sort me out for putting the wrong trash in the wrong bin. But I tried.

The closet was also gigantic and seemed another waste of space. The room really is only adequate for 2 people but the closet was bigger than most U.S. apartment dwellers use on a regular basis. The shelves are too deep to be really useful but there was plenty of space to put many empty suitcases. The top shelf probably could hold 3 empty suitcases standing on end.

I had one problem with the hotel staff. By day 7 my room and everything in it was pretty dirty. The day before my scheduled cleaning, I checked with the desk staff to ensure the cleaning time window and found out it was 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. I asked what would happen if I was not gone by 9 a.m. and they came, would they come back? Yes, yes. No worries.

On my cleaning day, I left about 10:15 a.m. and as I left, I notified the desk that I was now gone, gave my room number and again asked that my room be cleaned. Yes, yes, no worries.

I got back at about 3:45 p.m. and my room was not cleaned. I was very upset. I went to the desk and was told it would be done tomorrow. I would not accept that. I don't usually get so vocally upset but this was completely unacceptable to me, especially since I had asked about it twice. The manager did call the maid service and had someone there in a few minutes but this ruined my schedule for the day as I had to leave again to let them clean instead of rest and get ready for my dinner appointment.

This was very irritating and without any reason to have happened.

If you stay for more than 4 nights, be prepared to buy paper towels and/or some cleaning supplies. None are provided except one dish sponge and some dish soap. There is nothing to wipe down the kitchen counter with, unless you want to use the dish sponge. Only 1 dish drying towel is provided.

As other reviewers mentioned, there is no hotel staff available at the front desk after 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. The front door is locked 24/7 and you need a code to get in so there is at least that safety in place. But it is a bit unsettling to know that there is no staff available after 7 p.m. to help you. There is an emergency number you can call and I was of the impression that there is an on-site manager's apartment, but still, if this bothers you, you should not stay at this property.

I did not feel unsafe and felt the neighborhood was safe as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Staff is nice and helpful. The building is brand new as well as the room. Rooms are not BIG but enough for 2. With elevator so no worry with big luggage. Kitchen works fine. 2 metro stations in walking distance. Bastille is not to far. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel was new and close to metro. The room was kind of bare but consider how cheap we pay, I guess we shouldn't expect too much. The room was clean and had most of the essential things we need. The bathroom was quite large, it took up half of the room, which we thought was quite unnecessary because it only had a shower and no tub. The road was quite empty, but it might be because it was Easter vacation week. But overall, the room was just adequate. We didn't like the fact that there was not a 24 hour reception, it felt unsafe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Aparthotel Adagio Access Paris Reuilly? Share your experiences!