“What a hoot!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Live Escape Game
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Masterton, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“What a hoot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My children (9, 11 and 13) and I all had a hilarious time, we giggled, groaned, searched and cheered our way through the very fast hour to get ourselves out - while being given hints when required - and managed it with 1 second to spare.
The staff were friendly and spoke perfect English, gave us a good idea of what was expected of us, then locked us in... unlike anything I have ever seen or done before, it was brilliant fun and we all came out smiling and trying to remember the order of events in the previous hour.
For something different that doesn't include art or architecture (which was our goal) you couldn't ask for more!

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
Paris, France
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've played a few online room escapes and I was curious as to how the concept would transfer into a real environment. I was not disappointed. The clues, objects and decor, were really well put together. The welcome, introduction, explanations and follow-up were also well done. A big thank you to the team at Hint Hunt.

Tayport, Scotland
9 attraction reviews
“Great fun, time flew by”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Four of us (all adults) had a blast here. Working together to solve the puzzles, find clues and eventually escape. Can't give anything away as that would spoil the fun, but the staff do a good job of setting the scene, explaining the rules and giving hints as you hunt.

We made it, with 13 seconds to spare.....

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Totally New Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was staying in a hostel in Paris and found three friends to accompany my friend and I to try this, and i'm so glad we did!
Although it looked booked up, we decided to go early morning to see if anyone had cancelled, and managed to get a slot through a quick chat with one member of staff, who e-mailed us an available time during the day (excellent customer service).
A quick introduction and clues provided in English meant we didn't struggle with getting straight into the challenge and managed to escape with a minute and a half to spare, much to the delight of our team.
Highly recommended, and I suggest the more the merrier (make some friends!). Definitely one of the best things I did in Paris besides the usual tourist attractions.

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Great family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is such a great thing to do as a family and something really different- we loved it!! And we solved it with 10 seconds to go!! Highly recommend.