“It was an alright hotel but check out spoiled it for me.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de la Tour Eiffel

You added Hotel de la Tour Eiffel to your Saves list
Hotel de la Tour Eiffel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17, rue de l' Exposition, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Ranked #1,073 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“It was an alright hotel but check out spoiled it for me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here with my friend in late november for 4 nights, We arrived a little early and had to sit on the sofa and wait for 2 and a half hours untill the exact time you had to check in untill we could go into the room but maybe that couldnt be helped (so dont go early). The room was an alright size and the view was just a back street,The rooms were cleaned daily by a man but the sheets were not changed at all throughout our stay as i had spilled some diet coke on one of them the first night and it remained there untill we left.We asked at check in if there was a time that the doors would be locked or if there was a time that we had to be in by and the guy who checked us in said no. One night we wanted to leave the hotel at about half 11 and the door was locked, the night porter was asleep on the sofa and we had to wake him up to be able to get out and he took our key from us which had'nt happened at any other point during our stay!we didnt have the breakfast, it wasnt even mentioned to us when we checked in so we just went to a cafe around the corner.When we checked in the guy took payment from my card for the three nights as payment had already been taken for the first night before we arrived, When we checked out we handed the key in said goodbye and started heading to the airport, we were half way down the street when the guy who was at the desk shouted me to come back and told me i still had to pay.I explained that they had taken payment when we checked in but he was having none of it. I showed him my online banking statement which clearly stated the date and hotel de la tour eiffel and the amount but he was still admiant that we had not paid. He continued to tell me that I still needed to pay and asked for my card numerous times and this went back and forth for about half an hour . In the end i justy explained look I have paid and I am not paying again and left. This very nearly made me and my friend miss our flight I was not impressed.They emailed me when I arrived home explaining that I had paid and one of the managers had not passes it on! ridiculous!!!! I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

When I was looking for a hotel in Paris, the hotel location was the key factor to book the hotel and the hotel la de Tour de Eiffel has excellent location very close to Eiffel Tower (less than 10 minutes), close to Metro Station. The price per night was great considering a hotel on this location and of course that some points has to be consider like if you're paying less, you have less space and other small stuffs, however, compliant with all requirements for hotel: nice bed, cleaness, security (Paris is the last place in the world to spend the whole day inside of hotel !!!).
About the fact that hotel does not offer a breakfast, don't worry, there is a typical backery few steps walking from hotel and you can have your meal sitting in gardenyard in front and enjoying the Eiffel Tower

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is situated 10 minutes by walk from Eiffel Tower. Room was tidy and clean. I have completely nothing to complain of. I made a reservation via internet and I do not have any problems later. Anyway place is really cozy, clean and well located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Forget that the room is small and the bed is hard. You are in a quaint Parisian neighborhood with a nearby fruit shop, bakery, and meat/cheese shop. Everything you need for breakfast and picnics is at your doorstep. Only complaint was the ultra slow wifi service. Was with my 12 yr old daughter. Had a great time.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

the only thing good about this hotel was the location
room - tiny but clean = no walking space, no where to put your suitcase. We were tripping and falling over everything all the time and was a real cause of stress. We got ready quickly to get out of the room as fast as possible.
Bed was just a double but was very comfortable
bathroom - tiny = have to sit at an angle so can sit on the loo
shower - ok
lift - tiny = 2 people plus luggage only
no AC in the room so have to open the window for air, but no fly screen so insects can come in.

But this is Paris you pay over the odds for not that much
The maid didnt speak any english but was very patient and waited for us to get ready and leave the room before she came in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Distant 'burbs of Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's on a quiet street; restaurants, an open air market, and Eiffel Tower not far. Neat and very clean. Old building but renovated. Computer in lobby, and a small elevator. WiFi worked ok in room.

But-
Our room was tiny; no place to put suitcases except on the floor, and they had to be closed to walk around the bed. No A/C, of course. No screen on the window either; each morning we woke up with a few mosquito-like bugs in the room and a few bites from them. Thin walls and floors, the usual "herd of elephants" noises above and around us. Bathroom was small enough that the toilet had to be angled to provide "sitting room". No ledge or soap dish in shower, so we had to leave the soap in the sink and fumble for it. No electrical outlet in bathroom, the only outlet was on the baseboard near the foot of the bed, so my wife had to kneel there (no mirror, of course) to use her curling iron. Dim light bulbs. There was a tiny "vestibule" when entering our room, both doors had extremely strong springs my wife struggled to open, but the doors wouldn't close fully by themselves because they didn't fit the frame quite right.

Our room key needed lots of jiggling and wiggling to open the door, like it was a duplicate made from a duplicate. Even though we "double locked" our door from inside and left the key inside the lock (which usually prevents a key from being inserted on the ouside), an overly-aggressive employee (cleaner?) still unlocked our door and walked in while we were still in bed.

They have arrangements with a shuttle service to the airport. When we set up our pickup time two days early with the front desk, the clerk tried to talk us into leaving at a later time. If we had taken his suggestion, we would have missed our flight. When we went to check out that morning, the clerk insisted that we had not paid for the room and wanted us to pay before leaving. Fortunately, my wife had the credit card slip and stuck that in his face. Ooops.
While we were waiting for the 07:00am pickup, the clerk would leave the front desk for several minutes at a time, he would lock the front door and take the key with him so everyone was locked into the hotel.

We've been visiting France for many years. We love the scenery, food, wine, and most of the people. But their hotels are mostly overpriced dumps that would get "0 Stars" if rated in the U.S.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night during my Paris trip in May. I wanted a hotel close to the Eiffel Tower so I could meet for a tour. When I arrived the hotel was going through renovations so the lobby was a little dusty but I didn't mind. My room was recently renovated with a twin bed, tv, toilet on one end of the room and the shaper and sink on the other end. There was also a desk. The room was small but that is to be expected in Europe.

The location is great. There are lots of markets and restaurants in the area. It also wasn't far from the metro. The men at the front desk were nice. One note: I returned to the hotel very late and the front door was locked. You have to ring a bell to get in but I got a little worried as the lights in the front were off. It would be helpful if they made guests aware of this when they check-in but overall great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel de la Tour Eiffel? Share your experiences!