“Close to everything you need” 4 of 5 stars

Libertel Gare de l'Est Francais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Rue du 8 Mai 1945, 75010 Paris, France   |
Ranked #910 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Westland, Michigan
“Close to everything you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has the typical European frontage the remodeled older building. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I picked the hotel because of the location and glad I chose this one. everything modern inside and a large variety of restaurants and shop near by. Just outside the hotel is the Metro and for 1 euro and 10 minutes later we were downtown at the Royal Palace/Louvre. Great Location best stay....

Room Tip: Don't take the room close to the elevator
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I arrived at this hotel and from the outside which was my first time in Paris it did not look like the frontage of Hotels I was use to, but once I walked into the lobby I was surprised by the beautiful interior and decor.

I must admit I was not used to the small elevators but once I got to the room it was nice and the bed was soft. The room was in size similar to a mid size suite on a cruse ship or a Bed and Breakfast room in the states. But what was nice is that it felt like "Paris" it was just the right size with remodeled bathrooms it was just beautiful. It felt romantic but I was on a solo mission of sight seeing.

For the price I was mentally preparing for the no expectations no disappointment but the hotel did not disappoint. The breakfast in the morning was terrific at 15 euros and the location was a 3 subway stop from the Louvre. I thought the location was good even though I did not spend time in the area I pretty much came back and slept.

I am very particular about where I stay, I own a time share for consistency but this place is definitely on my re-booking - with a Plus 1 next time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Brussels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

It is unfortunate that my checkout experience had been handled so badly, as it wrecked what had otherwise been a nice stay. Briefly, the room was small but clean, comfortable and in nice condition. Wifi worked well. Breakfast was nothing special, if you don't have an early morning meeting, go elsewhere as it is very overpriced and only worth it if you really need the convenience (little in the way of hot food, just scrambled eggs and sausage, then the usual assortment of breads,cheese, cold cuts and cereals). The checkout was appalling, as the woman working the desk insisted we pay for the rooms when we had prepaid via the travel agent. It took half an hour for them to admit their error, forcing my colleague to miss the early morning meeting we had scheduled in order to deal with their incompetence. At the end she didn't event apologize, and my colleague had to ask for a taxi to her next destination as a compensation, which was only grudgingly provided. The hotel itself is ok, but I was really turned off by the service.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Booked entirely for it's closeness to Gare de l'Est. However after seeing some of the other hotels nearby we were glad we booked this one. Do book well in advance if you can as the rates posted on the board in reception were expensive. The room was small but comfortable enough for one night. One thing to mention is the bathroom. It is perfectly fine with an excellent shower. However, make sure you are sharing with someone you know really well as there is a semi opaque wall and you provide a bit of a shadow puppet show while you are in the shower.

Room Tip: On a busy road with lots of buses.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

NIGHTMARE!! NIGHTMARE!! NIGHTMARE !!
I booked 2 rooms and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. On February 16th, 2015 my door room was knocked by the house keeping staff I have decided to just stay outside the room and let the cleaner finish her job and not realising that I left my sling bag which contains my passport , my 2 daughter's passports n my wallet. In my wallet there are my Identification cards(IC), my 2 daughters ICs, a few credit cards and some cash in Euros and Dollars (about 10k in total) and other important documents. As I went back to the room, I have decided to go out to do some shopping and grabbed my sling bag and to my surprise the sling bag was much lighter and I quickly checked and only saw our passports and not my wallet!! Immediately, I called the Duty Manager and informed him about the situation.
As he arrived to my room, he checked and ransacked to all my belongings and he told me that he has to go to my other room which was occupied by my mother on a different level from my room. He said he needs to do the same checking and ransacking!!! What a Crap!!!! I questioned his actions by saying that he should do the checking to his staff who happened to be the last person left my room and not my mother but he just ignored me and moved to my mom’s room and did the same actions of checking and ransacking my mother’s belongings. He FAILED to find anything!!! OBVIOUSLY!!!
I told him again that he should be checking the staff locker and her belongings and not my mother!! He told me he trusted his staff whose has been working with the hotel for more than 10 years!!!!!
I am truly disappointed with the Duty Manager as he did not perform a proper checking on his staff neither he exercising the standard hotel policy in handling this situation.
I have since make a report to my Embassy and to the Police. To the house keeping staff > U KNOW WHAT U DID!! , to the Duty Manager > SHAME ON YOU!!! , to other s > PLS BEWARE !!!!!
GOOD HOTEL BAD EMPLOYEE!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Took my girlfriend away for the weekend to explore Paris so needed a cheap room to stay in near Gare d'Nord. Booked in advance and got a very good deal. Arrived at 11.30pm and recieved a warm friendly welcome. Had a good nights sleep, comfy bed, good facilities. Quite a small room but didn't bother us as we were barely in the room. Due to size, the shower was a bit of a squeeze, as the toilet was right next to it. Very pleasant when in the shower though. Breakfast was quite expensive but we opted to pick food up from one of the supermarkets in the vicinity. Very good stay, would recommend!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

We stayed here for just the final night of our Paris trip. We'd originally booked at the nearby Canal Saint-Martin hotel of the same chain, but due to renovations at that hotel were sent here instead (via a taxi paid for by the hotel). It turned out to be something of an upgrade, as the location was better for Gare De Nord station and it had a slightly more upmarket feel. There is also a mini supermarket very close to the hotel, very handy if you're feeling peckish!

The room was the smallest I've experienced yet for a hotel, but yet still managed to be comfortable and pleasant. The even tinier bathroom did have the walk-in shower we requested and was clean and modern so that was perfect, and I had a great night's sleep in the very cosy bed. We were allowed to check out an hour later upon request too.

Overall I was pleased with my stay at this hotel and would recommend it if the price is right.

Room Tip: Inform reception of your preferences.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Libertel Gare de l'Est Francais? Share your experiences!