“Nice little distraction” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fragonard Scribe Museum

Fragonard Scribe Museum
9 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France (Opéra)
33 (1) 47 42 04 56
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Macon, Georgia
“Nice little distraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Prior to planning for this trip, i never would have even imagined such a thing as a perfume museum but this place was nice (and free). The "tour" ends in their boutique. Their products are reasonably priced and who would pass up the opportunity to buy "genuine' french perfume?

Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
“more a sales pitch than a museum”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

some interesting stuff - but mainly a sales pitch to buy their expensive scent and soaps etc - which is jolly good - but not what I was expecting in a museum. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have some spare time on your hands and are in the area.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
34 attraction reviews
“Perfume Oh la la la”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my last stop while passing throug Paris. I had only 3 hrs to spear and had a cabbie to take to me the heart of Paris from the airport to find a perfume house. of course he dropped me off to Fragonard Museum off of Champs Elysée. I did not take the tour, which the hostess was surprised. I just wanted to purchase some perfume 'from France' was my mission. You are given several choices to make your own 'gift set'. Others who had taken the tour were complaining that they had to purchase something. The catch is if you purchase a certain amount of the product, they give you a discount and 'free' sample (if I remember correctly). I had 'partnered' up with a random lady as I had heard her complain and was like well I am purchasing this much would you like to 'partner' up? Of course folks were surprised of my genorsity (brown sister being nice) but i was trying to get a deal and leave quickly to catch a plan. Anything to make a person smile. This old perfume house was very upscale and very clean and full of scents. I would go back and would also visit some of my favorite French fragrances like Annik Goutal or Kilian Hennessy. Hope you have fun find your 'Parisian' scent like I did to remember Paris, France.

Visited October 2012
Savannah, Georgia
44 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The tour and the history were really interesting and fun. Very unusual. It only takes bout 20 minutes, which was good. But, you end up in the store and it isn't high pressure, but they want you to buy.

Visited July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
47 attraction reviews
“Amazing perfumes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The starting tour and history of perfume wasn't my cup of tea, but when you finally get to the perfumes wow are they amazing!! I bought two large bottles of perfume which would have cost a fortune anywhere else for a very reasonable price. Definitely would go back for more if I was in Paris again!

Visited December 2012