“Nice hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concorde Montparnasse

You added Hotel Concorde Montparnasse to your Saves list
Hotel Concorde Montparnasse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Rue du Commandant Mouchotte | Place Catalogne, 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #642 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Nice hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was very happy to have been able to see Paris and the Eiffel Tower while staying at this hotel. The service and food were both excellent and my room was to my satisfaction as well. At night I went out for a short stroll around my hotel and was delighted to see the Eiffel Tower within good view from my hotel and it was lit up with a strobe light!!! I found the people here very polite and friendly, even the birds such as sparrows and a pigeon that landed on me while I ate my lunch in the park near the Louvre!!!!! I recommend this hotel to those who want a nice place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Jackie M,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse! We appreciate your lovely comments about our services and the city of Paris and we look forward to host you again in the near future! Thank you for the pictures you shared!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

stayed here 3 weeks for a business trip with my husband, well priced business hotels with no frills or extras, but really bad wi-fi for a business hotel, good breakfast although repetitive, nice and quiet in Montparnasse, and less crowded than other neighbourhoods.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Sara_d2112,

We are happy that you enjoyed the calm of the Montparnasse neighborhood or the price of the Hotel. In another part, we’re sorry you experienced problems with our Wi-Fi. Please be informed that you also can connect your laptop with the internet cable in your room.

We would also like to thank you to have stayed for such a long period of time with us and we hope to see you soon in the future!

Regards,
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I like the Montparnasse neighborhood and it is my first time in the Concorde Montparnasse hotel. Overall it is a very nice hotel, at a decent price. Rooms are fairly large for Paris (meaning, I can walk around my bed without touching the walls :-) and the food is good.
But I won't come back because of their Wi-Fi.
First of all, when you identify yourself on their web page to access the Internet, you have to enter your room number and your name in UPPER CASE. That's moronic. Yes I was told that by the staff when I checked in but I forgot. But nothing on that sign in web page reminds you to do that, and it is overall stupid. Who designed a case sensitive system for this kind of usage? I thought that it plain didn't work first.
Second problem, when you finally get online, the bandwidth is abysmal. I get better speed over 3G. It's about .5Mbps down and .1 up. No way to do a video call for work or with the family, no way to send a large email, and browsing takes aaaaaages.

If you don't need Wi-Fi access, then it's a really good hotel :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear lanfeust_23,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments about the Hotel’s localization, our prices or our food and beverage service! As for the Wi-Fi issue, we’re deeply sorry you experienced some troubles connecting with our server and we had a technician check over our bandwidth to guarantee a high connection for our guests.

We hope to see you again soon to show you a level of services improved!

Regards,
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

All round, a good hotel. The Montparnasse station is right next door . Eiffel tower can be seen from here. Walking distance to Galleria Lafayette mall, restaurants etc.
Positive features:
Free Wi-Fi in room
Good buffet breakfast
Iron facilities on request

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Belinda R,

We would like to thank you for letting us know what features you enjoyed while you stayed amongst us at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse!

We hope to see you again soon.

Saint-Emilion, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our first time here and we would stay here again. The rooms by American standards would be small but by French standard they were pretty good. Great buffet breakfast, they have gluten free items as long as you tell them in advance. We arrived at midnight at Montparnasse and the hotel is around the corner which was fantastic! With the metro being a minute away you can access any part of Paris. You can get an eiffel tower view from the top floors. I read some of the reviews and people have to stop comparing France to the rest of the world. Each country has its own way of doing things. The French dont bend over backwards and give you over the top service like Americans do. Its not in there culture to give big toothy smiles and jump as high as you want them to. It saddens me when I read negative reviews that state the staff wasnt that friendly. I thought they were extremely courteous and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear SynthiaB,

We appreciate your positive comments about the quality of our buffet and the location of the hotel, which is located ideally if you’re arriving from Montparnasse Station. We are glad that you were pleased with our staff, as customer satisfaction is our primary interest.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for the first week of January. Nice room (two twin beds), fairly spacious compared to the other reviews I've seen here. The price I got (eu109/night) was acceptable given its close proximity to Gare Montparnasse, Bienevue Montparnasse and Gaite metro stations, but the service of the front desk staff and housekeeping staff was subpar. Still, for the right price, it's worth staying at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Concorde Montparnasse and we thank you for your positive comments about our rooms and location. As for the staff, I have raised the awareness of our teams concerning the attention and availability to be adopted towards all customers.

Hoping to see you soon amongst us !

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

So the caveat to this review is it was my first stay in Paris, and my first in france for a number of years. Maybe I have been spoilt by the levels of hospitality now available in the rest of the known world.

Expensive for what it was, and staff and service very average, definitely not rude but they were by no stretch helpful.

I have dug deep and given it a rating of average, compared to the rest of the world it comes in a distinct poor, but in a spirit of fairness I have given it an extra point as i do not know how it compares to other Paris hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paulp75,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to leave a review about your stay at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse. I am sorry to hear that our services were not up to your expectations. I stressed to my teams the importance concerning the attention and the availability to be adopted towards all our guests, as customer satisfaction is our primary goal.

I hope you will give us a renewed opportunity to stay amongst us so we can show you a level of services much improved.

Best regards,

Been to Hotel Concorde Montparnasse? Share your experiences!