“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Hotel

You added L'Hotel to your Saves list
L'Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 rue des Beaux Arts, 75006 Paris, France (Saint Germain Des Prés)   |
Ranked #148 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
The Woodlands, Texas
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a lovely experience at L'Hotel and LeRestaurant. A beautiful, romantic place that set the stage for a beautiful visit to Paris. The staff was friendly and helpful. The cuisine fabulous! We felt we had truly stepped back in time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I on a trip to Paris in December 2012 picked L'Restaurant as it kept coming up on sites. We were not disappointed.

The service was second to none (I am not a tipper and I was happy to give them a nice tip), the food was lovely - degustation menu was 5 course and it was perfectly weighted, just the right size and with perfectly matching wines. I could not fault the evening. I have been to Tetsuya's in Sydney and the service came very close to that / the food not far off either.

Room Tip: Look up as you walk into the hotel and you will see some very interesting architecture.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

One of my best place in Paris, to have a cup of tea or a fresh juice at the little charming bar of this fabulous Hotel. Not only the neighborhood St Germain is the more arty and romantic you can dream, not only this Hotel offers a singular and stunning architecture, but you will meet there only nice and beautiful people : the nice bartenders, the beautiful and discrete Famke Jansen writing her mails at the bar, the adorable Arielle Dombasle so sweet with everybody, tourist and a local.
The SPA is also one of the biggest secret of Paris...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My Partner and I had the pleasure to stay here for only two nights but were very much impressed with the efficient friendly service and beautifully decorated hotel close to art galleries and the city alike.

The room was as we had seen on the website and although small was very laid out so the size wasn't a consideration. The bath room tiny and the bath small but this only served to add character to the very lovely hotel room.

The restaurant without fault as one might expect from a Michelin starred establishment and the food excellent.

This beautiful hotel is very much well worth a visit and we are sunning to revisit this wonderful hotel again soon.

• Stayed January 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

There is something mildly comical about a hidden jewel of a place simply called "L'Hotel" and it's superb restaraunt called understatedly--Le Restaurant!

There are so many superlative things about this place, almost too numerous to mention. The overall experience first, which could best be described as somethingt akin to stepping into a cabochon ruby. The place is a visual treat, small scale but an aesthetic delight from every angle. It's located in one of the most charming milieux of left bank Paris. And the intimate public areas are make you want to sit and never leave. The restaurant has some of the finest dining I've recently experienced. It is recognizably classic French fare with novel creative touches, especially in the use of novel and sometimes exotic ingredients. Everything is wonderful. But last night the carpaccio of scallops and the sweat breads were especially memorable. We had no room for dessert, but they offered a small portion of an exquisite dessert on the house just so we'd conclude our meal with a sweet. It was a meal one relives in memory in a Proustian way.

I cannot recommend this Hotel more highly. Even if not staying there, anyone visiting Paris should at least stick your head in, feast your eyes and have a drink.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had been to Paris several times prior to this trip, but I stayed at L'Hotel durting my first visit to Paris with my (now) wife. We stayed in the 'apartment' suite, which was exquisite. A little pricey, but worth the extra expense. We really enjoyed dining at Le Restaurant in the hotel, where the food was sumptious and the service was impeccable. Remember to reserve a table, even if you're staying at the hotel, as the restaurant books up quickly. We also enjoyed afternoon cocktails and evening night caps at Le Bar, which is cozy and romantic. But the show stopper for my wife and I was the Hammam pool and steam room downstairs, where you can book a private reservation. Absolutely wonderful. L'Hotel is a short walk to the Louvre, as well as up to rue de Buci , which is peppered with small resataurants and brasseries. Our favorite was L'Atlas, where you can spend your afternoon eating fresh seafood, drinking great French wine and conducting a heavy dose of people watching.

Room Tip: "The Apartment" is the suite to book
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Well I've been in the Regent in Hong Kong, and many other top hotels this one takes the cake for luxury and especially relaxing enviroment. The breakfast is spectacular. We did look personally at a couple of rooms and chose room 54- balcony over looking a really neat residential eclave, soaking tub huge room with basic satin wall covering I could go on and on but what I am getting is. 1 don't use a booking agency. Call the hotel and make some friends. They are incredibly friendly and helpful. Just a huge relaxing atmosphere. They got us into Jules Verne on no notice. Did get us cabs in the rain. I was actually recommended by another hotel front desk person to spend at least one night of my life there. What she did not know is that I had already booked one night. Finances allowing I and my wife agree we will be coming here every year for the rest of our lives. I did look at a second floor room 24 I think it was one of the nicest I had seen in Paris for the price but wanted to see the suite 54, Walked in the door and said DONE We travel in December so there is a lot of availablity in Paris but how lucky was this to get in one of the nicest places that we could easily afford. Did not have an opportunity to dine at L Restaurant but it is the #1 ranked in Paris how sweet is that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Hotel? Share your experiences!