“Really a boutique hotel !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel

You added Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel to your Saves list
Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123, boulevard de Sebastopol, 75002 Paris, France (Opéra)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Nice, France
“Really a boutique hotel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The place is new and renovated with great care. The rooms are not big, but have all amenities and comfort you would expect in the hotel of that type. Each room has its own cinema theme - the decoration is perfectly thought through in detail.The breakfast is delicious, There is nothing i would say, you would need to improve. Enjoy the area around Réaumur !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was beautiful, wonderful experience and really made the Parisian experience complete staying here. Each floor is a different story so feel free to snoop around the rest of the hotel too! the staff were very welcoming and the rooms were comfortable with a great night sleep

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel delivers everything you'd expect from all the other positive reviews on TA. The service we received was superb from start to finish with all the staff being very helpful. The breakfast buffet was plentiful each morning with a great selection. We had a floor on the 6th floor which was dedicated to Jean-Paul Belmondo and we had a punchbag, speed ball and boxing gloves in the room. Very unique and very cool! Very close to two metro stations and bus stops as well. Perfect setting for a few days in Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at Le 123 Sébastopol and for your kind words regarding the service that you experienced during your stay.
I will be sure to pass on your feedback with all of my team here.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Le 123 Sebastopol in the future.

Best Regards,
Hugues Godard,
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Hollywood bug must have hit Paris when one sees the Le 123 Sebastopol – Astotel hotel in Paris where each floor is dedicated to a movie celebrity. The entire first floor for instance is dedicated to Ennio Morricone, whom you would remember if you had seen the movie The Good, Bad and Ugly. Morricone was the composer of the movie who gave the famous signature tune. Guests can listen to the composer’s music on strategically placed headphones. Similarly, five other floors are dedicated to five other celebrities. In addition to the unique setting, the hotel is centrally located and provides excellent amenities. Two Metro stations, Strasbourg-St Denis and Reaumur –Sebastopol, are a stone’s throw away. The bar is one of the most endearing places in the hotel as it reflects a cinematic theme throughout with light streaming in from a glass ceiling.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Le123Sebastopol, Directeur général at Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful praises! I am very happy to hear that you had such a great experience and that you enjoyed Morricone's world.

Best Regards,
Hugues Godard
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

....it's staff and management. I'll explain. Only reason I chose this hotel is the power of the trip advisor review. Metro right across the street, a couple blocks away from the legendary Rue Montorgueil and its fantastic eateries, wonderful bar and mixologist (try her green tea gin drinks), clean and comfortable: all true. BUT the real reason this hotel is #1 I learned is after a small, unfortunate mistake by housekeeping had something tossed away that we wanted to keep. Long story short - the management and staff MORE than made up for our loss in how we were treated. Congrats 123 Sebastopol - you've found the secret of success which is why you are #1 and why I will be back: you know the customer is your top priority.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Le123Sebastopol, Responsable relations clients at Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at Le 123 Sebastopol. As you mentioned you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel, the neighborhood but the most important aspect is the service which I was please to read met with your expectations, sadly it was due to an unfortunate issue... I have passed on your feedback to the brilliant team and really do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.
My kindest regards,

Laure Meunier
Quality Department
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here in Belmondo room on top floor. High quality room, a bit small but Paris! Liked free soft drinks and hot drinks and substantial nibbles in foyer from midday on. Music good too! Staff were so helpful. Location great for walking into centre or for metro. Whole place had a good feel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the amenities we offer. I hope you come back soon, the next time please try another floor with a completely different atmosphere.

Best regards,
Hugues Godard,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night, whirlwind trip to Paris to celebrate my 65th birthday. We chose 123 Sebastopol after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we also felt the price was reasonable. We're movie fans so the funky theme also interested us. We were not disappointed, first I would like to thank Yannick and Erik at the reception desk for giving us an upgraded room because it was my birthday!!! Their kindness was not expected. The room was a Superior room on the 3rd floor facing the street. When the windows are closed you hear no street noise. The hotel overlooks a pretty little park across the street and is very close to the Metro, which was fantastic since we had limited time to see everything we hoped to see in 4 days. And do not be afraid to use the Metro it is very slick, quiet and efficient. It is worth noting that taking the Metro makes your trip to any of the major sites easy and probably not more than 15 minutes away. We loved the location of the Sebastopol, it was also within walking distance to the Pompideau Center and an easy walk to many restaurants. We had breakfast every morning at the hotel buffet, the $18 euros each was well worth it. The dining area was beautifully decorated, of course with a movie theme, and the staff, in our case, Assa and Laurent were very nice and helpful. Everyday they served scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, delicious pastries, fresh juice, fresh fruit, crepes sometimes, they also offered cereals, the breads could also be combined with cold cuts and cheeses that are offered too. Oh, and the coffee was great. Assa always made sure to keep our cups full! I'm only trying to describe the breakfast in detail (I'm sure I'm even forgetting something) because I saw so many people complaining about the price. My husband and I both thought they gave us a huge amount of food for the money. So many of the extras the hotel offers makes your stay so comfortable. We loved the free movies in the room and the selection of TV channels offered in English. They offer free WiFi and the refrigerator in the room is kept stocked with cold beverages (water and soda) The bed in the room was the most comfortable hotel bed I ever slept in and the shower was wonderful. In the afternoon they put out an array of snacks, including the most amazing macaroons! Also, they have caramel popcorn always available. They have a movie theater in the basement that is really impressive. The hotel is brand new and the movie theme decor made our stay really enjoyable. Thanks again to all the staff at the hotel for making our stay so much fun. If we ever travel to Paris again we know where we are staying!!!!

Room Tip: I would chose a room facing the street because of the view of the park and it was still very quiet...