Visited Paris with a friend. Booked this hotel on basis of great reviews and was not disappointed! Stayed here for 3 nights.
The location is perfect - right next to the metro which is ideal for getting around, we took the metro to get everywhere!
The staff were very friendly and helpful and never hesitated to help you if you needed anything else.
The minibar in the room includes free soft drinks and complimentary snacks downstairs everyday which was a nice touch!
Free wifi everywhere in the hotel.
However, a few little touches that could be improved on are as follows:
- Our room didn't have much storage space - barely enough room to unpack half of one suitcase let alone 2 peoples therefore we ended up living out of our suitcases during our stay.
- You can't control the air con in the room.
- Even though we never ate breakfast at the hotel, we saw the prices and we saw that it was quite expensive. I would recommend eating out at local cafes which we did every morning.
- The blinds in between our bathroom and bedroom didn't really close properly, which isn't a problem if you are sharing the room with your partner but seeing as I was sharing with a friend it's nice to have a little privacy in the bathroom.
- Each day we ended up coming back to our hotel around 5/6 after a full day of sightseeing to freshen up before heading out to dinner around 7/8. Turn down service used to come around 6 but seeing as we were in our room at this time getting ready for dinner it meant that our room wasn't turned down. It would have been nice if they could have arranged to come back later on in the evening while we were out to turn the room down, instead of just not doing it because we were in the room at that time.
Saying all this, these are just little things that I personally think the hotel could improve on for it being a 4* hotel after all, but all in all I enjoyed my stay here I would definitely come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 10 minutes walking distance from the Pompidou Centre, the Opera and the Marais areas, and facing the Gaîté Lyrique Theatre, 123 Sébastopol is the perfect place for an out-of-this-world stay in the heart of Paris.You will be impressed by its top of the range comfort and services and by its unique, movie-inspired design, with each floor dedicated to a French movie celebrity: Jean-Paul Belmondo, Claude Lelouch, Danièle Thompson, Jaoui and Bacri , Elsa Zylberstein or the Italian film music star Ennio Morricone.On entering the lobby, you will enter the movie world and be greeted by our highly professional staff, attentive to your every need and on hand 24h/7.With its easy-to-find location, its direct links to all the major tourist attractions in the capital city, its unique décor and its services tailored to suit every visitor, 123 Sébastopol is THE go-to destination in Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Venere so you can book your Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.