“Fantastic stay during my 1st trip to Paris!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #163 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Fantastic stay during my 1st trip to Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place had just opened when I stayed there and the staff made my first visit to Paris truly enjoyable. The restaurant's Foie Gras was THE BEST I had during my entire stay in the city. Bar had a great vibe and the rooms were large and beautiful. Concierge was able to secure some great dinner reservations and the location of the hotel can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Sarah G,

Let me express how grateful I am for the time you dedicated to this review.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our staff’s sense of hospitality and that they made your first trip to Paris so memorable.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our Foie Gras by Chef Rougui Dia at our restaurant Le Vraymonde and the signature cocktails of our bar Le Qu4tre.

Please know that my staff and I are humbled by your kindness and in a few words: Thank you.

Do not hesitate to let me know of your next visit in Paris, hopefully it will be among us again.

With kindest regards,

Loic Le Berre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
Chislehurst, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had a lovely romantic weekend break staying at this hotel . The room was spacious, clean & funky. We didn't eat at the hotel but the bar snacks in the hotel were good. Great hotel bar & friendly staff . Central location. Themed hotel without being naff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Mr. Reed,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay among us and that you appreciate our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris; please do contact me directly when you would like to return so that I may oversee all arrangements personally.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We loved Buddha Bar Hotel so much during our initial stay that we canceled our reservation at another hotel and booked Buddha Bar Hotel for the second stay during our trip (we had few days in Paris at beginning of trip and one last night in Paris later on before trip home). I admit I was apprehensive at first, not knowing if a neo-Asian style could be luxurious rather than overwhelming but the constant positive reviews convinced me and I'm SO glad they did. During our trip to Europe staying at other 5 star hotels, this hotel by far provided the friendliest, warmest, most professional service. I've also been to Paris countless times before and had never been pampered so much at a Parisian hotel. The staff was truly exceptional, from the doormen, reception, concierge to housekeeping and restaurant staff. First we stayed at a studio suite on the third floor. It was a beautiful and very large room, completely comfortable and spotless clean. We loved that the toilet was separate from shower area. The Japanese toilet was fun. The technology in the room was amazing, there is no more advanced technology I've ever seen in a hotel. The light switches were marked for ease of use and each light can be dimmed or turned off creating all kinds of ambiances inside your room. The bed was super comfortable and had the most luxurious pillows. The shower was superb, huge, with plenty hot water and good pressure. The toiletries smell delicious! Turn down service never failed. Towels were thick and soft and smelled of vanilla. Location was excellent, walking distance to Louvre, of course Place de la Concorde, St Honore shopping and great restaurants by la Madeleine. Close to Maxims and not too far from Fouquets de Paris or the Arch de Triomphe. Second stay we booked a Deluxe king and initially we were placed on first floor. We asked for a change due to bar noise and were immediately moved to fifth floor, a beautiful quiet room where to our surprise when you opened the window you had view of the Eiffel Tower! Can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay and will be back next time we come to Paris! Only cons we found: third floor rooms are hot but they changed their furnace settings to allow the room to cool down a bit more; on fifth floor room temp was perfect. Shower on fifth floor did flood a bit, but nothing too terrible. We can't wait to be back and do highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mari P,

What a pleasure to read about impressions regarding your recent stay at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris!

I am delighted to hear that you elected us as your home in Paris and I am truly thrilled that we have fulfilled our mission to make your stay a memorable one.

It has been a great pleasure for me to share your words with our staff who contributed to the success of your stays at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

We thank you again for your kind forward and look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Arrived at this hotel for a 2 night stay late one evening. BE AWARE many Parisian taxi drivers know the bar not the hotel, and I waa dropped off at the bar, fortunately it is not a long walk and shoes were comfortable..
The entrance of this hotel is a feature in itself, with red lanterns suspended from the ceiling. Check in was painless and the staff were amazing and very helpful. The rooms were decorated in red and black, and though my preference is for light airy space, it worked well..I especially liked the utilities which were mainly in black. The restroom facilities are the most technologically advanced I've seen in a hotel. With heated toilet seats, in built bidet system into the toilet, it was truly an experience and easy to figure out. The bed was large and comfortable.
This hotel scores high for gadgetry, the blinds were all switch controlled and that made it easy with the high ceilings. The building of the hotel is beautiful and maintains a lot of its original features including a lovely spiral staircase by the reception. As expected from the Buddha chain, decor includes several Buddhas strategically placed.
I've scored the location slightly lower because after 5 taxi rides it became apparent that no-one knew where it was, and its a bit of a trek to the nearest Metro.
The bar is a lovely and staffed with very friendly and capable staff, who were able to provide a cocktail for me which wasn't on their list (always a point scored for that).
Would I stay again? well there is a lot of 5 star competition in Paris so cost would determine. As I've done it once, I don't feel the need to do it again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Fifitrixy,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the location of our property, the food and the service delivered.

Nonetheless I do hope one stay is not enough to have a full experience of Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris. I would be happy to prove you the contrary by personally taking care of your reservation for a future visit in Paris.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Located smack in the midst of Fabourg St Honore, this hotel is the perfect location if you are (like me) a fan of major Paris Fashion houses such as Loubs, Hermes, Chanel, etc. All Major boutiques (some flagships) are located a stone's throw away from the hotel.

The hotel's design itself is more of a miss for me as i am not a big fan of the whole overly-done Asian-themed design that in my opinion looks and feels rather pretentious and lack authenticity. I understand that the designer probably need to stick to the whole Buddha Bar color scheme. However, the gawdy yellow carpet on the hallway and the bright splashes of red in the room just dont exude warmth and comfort.

The room size is a little bit small (understandably for Paris), The bathroom in some rooms only have shower curtains (where there's actually perfectly enough room to place a proper shower cubicle) making showering rather impracticle.

On our first night there TV wasnt working (which was fine for me) but if ure one of the travellers who has to watch TV every night and expects a working TV in ure room then that would be a problem. Somebody came to fix it the next day and it was working fine.

The hotel staff are very helpful and accomodating. Particular compliment to the lady concierge ( if i remeber correctly her name is Julia) for being so helpful, friendly and accommodating. She makes sure that your stay in Paris is memorable!

I

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Styx_id,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I am very glad that you enjoyed staying in the very heart of Paris, two steps far from the major fashion boutiques of rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, the Concorde, the Champs Elysées, the Madeleine, and so many other lovely places.

However, I am deeply concerned to hear that your bedroom did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we pay a lot of attention to the quality of our product and I regret your deception.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future stay, I am sure that we will be able to find a room that matches with your expectations.

Thank you again for highlighting the kindness and pro-activeness of our teams, those two qualities are most important for us. Thank you also for mentioning the professionalism of our concierge Laura. Your kind words have been communicated.

Gstaad, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Looking for a center hotel in Paris we chose the Buddha Bar Hotel (which is close to the Buddha Bar). The rooms a quiet dark, with Japanese Toilets, as they point out, a very nice welcome at arrival as well as very helpful staff, as room was not ready at 14h o'clock, we were able to change and refresh from the long 7 hour travel to Paris in their little Spa section. You find all you need in the room, enought pillows on confortable beds, large bathroom (i would put some little chair in the bathroom, as to sit down or to be able to put something on it, there is enough space.) The location is quiet at night and also during the day, so you can relax at any time. As its located on Faubourg St.Honoré you have the best shops just around the corner as well as some good nice restaurants nearby. They have a some chilled bar and a lounge-style restaurant, service is good but the food is not really that great, anyways, for that you have some other 12tausend restaurants in Paris. The Concierge service was excellent, as well as all the staff very friendly, attentive and react if. The only little issue was the second day we left a 930h for the city, came back at 1645h and the room was still not done and that we were not informed that we couldn't have dinner at the Buddha Bar at night, as they had some kind of TV Show. Well we can understand, but staying at some hotel who points out their amazing bar with their world knows music, you should be able just to tell your customers that you are closed, which one can accept. Nevertheless we tried the Buddha Bar the day later, but where very disappointed from the kitchen service. The staff was wonderful and tried their very best beeing super friendly. The forgot the Starters from my wife, then during my starter they brought us the both main courses, we then said, that we were still waiting for the first course, but the guy said, well then your main course will get cold ! what do you wanne do when you will know, they will bring it back to the kitchen to keep it warm, so you eat it. We ordered Thai Beef with Thay Basil, but there was no sign of Basil on the dish, looked well but had nothing to do with this traditional Thai dish. Well we then ordered a Caipirinha which was served in a very cheep glass (i call it the toothbrush glass)...the drink had fat too much alcohol, almost no suger, when i wanted to ask , if they could do me one other, they said that this is their style of drinks...well i don't believe that such a well known bar has such a bad service. We stayed for one a half hours in the bar and have never seen any head waiter or restaurant manager around, the girl serving us had her first day working, and she really did her best i have to say, and thanks to her kindness, she 'saved' the evening. I looked around the tables, and there were several complaints about the food around...either we had a bad day or its definitly a tourist trap to make some cash. Have to say that the music was great, and the decoration and ambiance is really good.

Room Tip: Take rooms on 4th or 6th floor, you will have 'more' daylight.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Fisher,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris for your last stay in the Capital.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and room decorations and found our location up to your expectations, calm and also in the center of Parisian attractions. We have also taken into consideration your remark about adding a sitting in the bathrooms for further improvement..

I am sorry you were not fund of Le Vraymonde's cuisine. Your observations have been retreated with the Food & Beverage team and I hope you welcome you again to surprise you with our delicate Spring menu.

I was very concerned when I read about your experience in the Buddha-Bar restaurant. Our valued guests' comments are crucial to us. That is why the Restaurant Director, Mr. Reynaud will contact you, to personally follow up on your experience.

Thank you for you compliments about the staff and I am delighted you found our concierge team professional and dynamic.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

An amazing hotel to stay for the young couple.
The hotel is located in the heart of Paris.
Food is incredibly tasty.
Have been travelling with a dog, they have made our stay perfect, and pre-organised everything before we arrived.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Artyom,

A huge thank you on behalf of all the staff members complimented in the review of your recent stay with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I was glad to read that you appreciated our special welcoming for our furry guests and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Loic Le Berre

Been to Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris? Share your experiences!