“Quiet cool elegance and warm service” 5 of 5 stars

Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris
4 rue d'Anjou, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #176 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Westmount, Quebec, Canada
“Quiet cool elegance and warm service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel based upon its location in Paris and multiple positive Tripadvisor reviews. I am a frequent visitor to Paris and have stayed in multiple 5 star-rated hotels in the 1st Arrondissement in the past, and this was my first time here.
The Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris is as strikingly beautiful as the photos on the web. The rooms are large by Parisian standards, decorated in rich dark colours with multiple Asian accents. Most importantly for me, the rooms are absolutely quiet, with high quality bedding. Even the very effective air conditioning is noiseless. The hotel has a quiet enclosed interior courtyard where one can dine - in the evening it becomes a romantic setting, ideal for a quiet conversation over supper. The hotel is nestled on a quiet street in the Saint Honore district, where there are multiple internationally known designer stores and art dealers. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to Metro Concorde and, as others have mentioned, well-located for joggers like me who enjoy running in the Jardin des Tulieries. There are many restaurants in the area - a mixture of tourist traps and local Parisian favourites as one would expect for such a popular tourist area. The hotel staff do not hesitate to go out of their way to accommodate guests and I would say that, in addition to the decor, the staff were for me the highlight of my hotel stay. They were very good at discovering my particular tastes in food and suggesting good restaurants for me in the neighbourhood.
The hotel advertises a gym, important for a lifelong exerciser like me. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing the gym is closed and undergoing renovation. There are gyms in the neighbourhood of the hotel but they all charge 50 Euros for a day pass, outrageously expensive by my North American standards. This hotel ought to consider buying year long passes to one of these gyms nearby - the Club Mediterranee - and giving hotel guests this pass as needed.
The hotel restaurant serves good suppers. Avoid the French continental breakfast which consists of orange juice, coffee, yogurt, one small piece of baguette and 2 small viennoiseries of - frankly - disappointing quality and freshness - for 30 Euros. I greatly enjoyed the fresh nut and raisin bread served once with my supper one evening - the breakfast staff actually found some more for me in the morning and served that to me with my omelette. Yum!
In summary, this hotel is clearly better than many other similarly-located and priced properties overall. I greatly enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to return in the future. With some adjustments in breakfast and some kind of gym arrangement this hotel would get global 5 star ratings and a rave from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ilona V, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear sir,

First of all, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.
We are happy to inform you that the fitness area has re-opened (accessible 24H/24) and the wet area of the wellness club (experience shower, steam room and massage rooms) will be opening by mid September.
We take note of your comments on our Continental Breakfast and will do our best to increase the level as this is our main goal every day.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again,

The Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Learned about this hotel while booking on Booking.com. It had just opened up its doors and very few reviews to learn from. I was skeptical and wanted my first time experience in Paris to be memorable. I just went ahead and booked and when I got there what an unexpected beautiful paradise of a hotel we found. The service was impeccable. They greeted us with complimentary drinks at their lounge bar which was decorated over and above imagination. A beautiful inner courtyard in the open air was awaiting guests for their meals if they preferred dining outdoors. Again the décor was breathtaking. And now for the very best , our room . Wow !!! A king size bed, big flat screen tv with a remote control allowing it to rise fromits cabinet placed in front of our bed, Nespesso machine with a coffee selection, bathtub and separate shower, double sinks and all in top luxury and design. Breathtaking!!! Congratulations to all those who made our stay most memorable. We will be back for champagne soon!!! Thanks again.

Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went to Paris for a romantic couple of days. The hotel is new and going through some teething, so that the internet was down for the first couple of days. But it is a good location near the Place de la Concorde which allows a run around the Jardin des Tuilleries in the morning. And the service was really personal, with staff going out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are also great, nicely sized and with comfortable bathrooms. Some of the controls are not self-evident such as the a/c and the lights, but the rooms are very well-appointed. It was a pleasure to stay.

Room Tip: As is usual, you can't get away from the noise of the dust men in the early morning, but that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you don't mind a hotel in its infancy, then the Buddha-Bar Hotel is a good choice. Room sizes are good for Paris. Service is exemplary. Loved the oriental touches and the location off Rue du Faubourg Saint Honore is perfect. From the Concierge to the Waitress, all the staff were helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty quiet. We had a room facing the court yard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed 5 nights, and celebrated my birthday at the newly opened Buddha Bar Hotel. I could not have wished for a better experience.

The hotel is a sophisticated French-Asian boutique property located in the chic' fashion district of Paris and is within walking distance to Champs Elysee's, the Eiffel Tower and many of Paris amazing cafe's, shopping boutiques and theaters.

I stayed in the Studio Suite which was quite spacious for Paris, modern and extremely upscale. I had a balcony overlooking the quiet street below which created a beautiful ambiance and natural sunlight during the day.
The in-room Nespresso machine was wonderful, the bed was extremely comfortable with high quality linen and the room was immaculate in presentation.
Everything was so clean, streamlined and of high quality.

The experience from check-in to check-out was an absolute pleasure.

I have to make special mention of the staff, as it is they who truly provided the most wonderful experience at the hotel. Maxime is a genuine, hardworking and professional concierge and I am truly grateful for his kind hospitality and efforts in creating such a wonderful experience for me.

The staff members at the Buddha Bar hotel all made me feel so special.
The concierge sent a birthday cake and fruit to my room and a small note.
Also, the staff arranged for the bartender to come and greet me when we were dining in the courtyard one night. He offered to make me a surprise birthday cocktail.
Can I add... WOW it was a special cocktail :)

The bartender is exceptional. Alcoholic or Non-alcoholic, he will put something amazing together for you with no issue. He is definitely an asset to the hotel.

The bar itself has a great selection of drinks, comfortable to relax in and the Buddha Bar music is light, funky and worldly. It was great.

We dined in the courtyard every morning for breakfast, and we also had dinner at the hotel one night. The food is fresh, cooked perfectly and the dining experience was wonderful.

Every part of my stay at the Buddha Bar hotel was beyond my expectations and I really felt like a valued guest.

The only suggestion I can make, is to improve the fitness room. It is quite small and does not have many facilities.
I believe the hotel is looking at this and plan to make some changes in this regard.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel for a perfect, and pleasurable stay in Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilona V, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We thank you for your kind message of support. We are happy and proud we managed to make of your stay such a positive moment as it is our goal for each of our guests.
Please note that the wellness area: B/Attitude Studio is still in construction and will be ready to welcome you at the end of August, meanwhile the fitness is installed in one of our rooms, available 24H/24.
The Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris team hope to welcome you back soon,
Bien à vous,
Ilona Visan - Guest Relations Manager
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

After much anticipation Buddha Bar finally opened a Hotel in Paris. Great location, very quiet street, easy access to transportation & overall a chic upscale classy French-Asian boutique hotel. The hotel has been barely open for a month so they are still working out some details and fixing small issues. But service is friendly, efficient and the restaurant/bar on premises excellent. The Buddha Bar music collection is still not installed in rooms, unlike its Prague location. Some rooms only have a bathtub with hand shower, making it impractical and messy. Rooms are large by Paris standards and decor very impressive. In-room Nespresso coffee maker is a big plus. In a few weeks to months, when fully ready and kinks ironed out, it will perhaps the best place to stay in this range in the city of lights!

Room Tip: Ask for room with Shower in bathroom, as some rooms only have a bathtub with hand shower (messy).
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Staying there as one of the first few guests as the hotel has recently opened. Decor is extremely funky, some might even call it too bold and in the face. The rooms are painted in black, red, golden, etc colors. So don't expect soft soothing colors. Room service food was just Ok. Also have made good use of technology. In fact it has one of the best automated and heated toilet seat. I might get one for home :)

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris? Share your experiences!