“The cooking class was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 462 activities in Paris
Type: Walking tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The only intimate walking tours with a born and raised parisian through the past and the present of the authentic Paris.
Oakland, California, United States
“The cooking class was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My and my wife booked the cooking class that is offered through the owner of My Hush-Hush Paris, Phillipe. The class was a first rate experience for a great value that I can't recommend more.

First, you meet Phillipe outside of a farmers market where he takes you to buy all the ingredients your will need to cook your meal. You do an appetizer, entree, cheese plate and a desert for your meal and many of the items you will need will be fresh ingredients from local vendors. He knows all the farmers and the tour includes all the food you purchase so you don't pay for a thing. We visited a grocery store and a cheese store to round on the ingredients and then walked back to his apartment (about two blocks) to start cooking. Phillipe takes you through a step by step walkthrough of how to cook traditional French items and I have to say, he does a great job at making them simple yet elegant and delicious. I can honestly say that I learned how to cook things I would actually now make at home.

Phillipe is a delight to hang out with for four hours. He is extremely knowledgeable about Paris and there wasn't one question he wasn't able to answer. His knowledge is more then just gastronomical as he is a student of history and French culture through and through.

Really, if you are thinking about doing something a bit different on your next trip to Paris, book Phillipe's cooking class. His menu's are seasonal and I would definitely come back if I came back to Paris.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“So much better with a local!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have been very lucky to have found Philippe's website. His tours are so much fun: a Parisian with and edge on top of an impressive knowledge, there's no better way to discover a city, its secrets and the best deals in town away from the tourist traps. We higly recommend him and his company, Hush-hush Paris, that should not remain so hush!

Melbourne
“Fascinating Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Phillipe is the most interesting guide with a amazing amount of information to impart on his home town. The tour took us into areas that we would have had no hope of finding on our own & even if we did, we would not have known any of the history of the respective arcades & walkways. A most informative & pleasant tour I would recommend to everyone visiting Paris whether for the first time or the umpteenth. Thank you Phillipe, I will be back to do another of your tours on my next trip to Paris

Visited May 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Paris local gastronomy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Philippe took us to a fabulous local market to choose the fresh ingredients for our cooking class/social hour. We learned what makes great white asparagus, bread, and experienced an expert teaching us about cheeses. Then it was off to his spacious modern apartment to prepare a delectable meal. My family of four shared the day with two other ladies from California and the conversation, often lead by Philippe, was terrific. I cannot highly enough recommend this experience.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Unforgettable tour in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Took us few days to gather back to reality, leave Paris and solely digest our amazing vacation….
We deeply thank you for the incredible tour you took us through the secret corners of this royal, beautiful, interesting and town, without any doubt we couldn’t reach these angles of Paris alone.
Your are a highly professional tour guide but also a kind and warm person. Having this afternoon with you turned our visit to an unforgettable one.

Take care and again – many thanks good luck!!!

Visited May 2013