“Must visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Permanently closed Monday, 9 June Join us to Marrakech from december 2014!
Munich, Germany
“Must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

1000 &1 signes was one of my best restaurant experiences ever. The kindness and humility of the staff is truly admirable and is very welcoming. The food at the place was not something spectacular but still very delicious,satisfying,and had a homely touch to it. The food is priced economically and I would say it is a must visit when you visit Paris.

• Visited December 2013

96% Recommend
Arizona
“Delightful Moroccan restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the moment I walked into the restaurant until the time I left, I found the restaurant to be warm, inviting, and entertaining! My lamb chops were very good and the dessert plate was a very happy finale to the meal. This is the kind of neighborhood place I enjoy learning about when I travel. I'd encourage TripAdvisor devotees to check this place out for a satisfactory and reasonable lunch!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent! Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Try the chicken and olives! Can't wait to go back to Paris and eat here!! So Yummy!
Prices are good and the atmosphere is so very comfortable !

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is run by muted, some of whom may also be deaf. The menu includes sign language for each dish, while the pictures on the walls show more general signs.

It's very small and they only do 2 sittings per night (19:30 and 21:30) so you need to book. But I recommend that you do! I can see why It's rated so highly - it's just so different and so happy.

My vegetable tajine was ok, the least good thing we ate. My wife's lamb, prunes and almonds was excellent (really tender) while my daughter said her chicken "pastilla" was fantastic. Sweets were good, orange with cinnamon and Moroccan crepes. Very simple but tasty. And as a freebie afterwards we got a heavenly mint tea.

This is not 5* food, just good honest Moroccan in a small and unique setting. Highly recommended!

Pesaro
“Cannot be ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Sorry. I'm not politically correct ... But ... This cannot be the 5th restaurant in Paris ... C'mon ...

The guys are great, very nice, very brave, the atmosphere is also nice ... But: terrible location, place too small, food very limited choice - precooked. After reservation at 21,30 I had the table at 22,00. Some (of the few) dishes no more available. The guy's smile and my admiration for their challenge cannot compensate all of the above

• 2 of 5 stars Food
1000et1Signes, Gérant at 1000 & 1 Signes, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We would like to take a chance to refute some points. - You came at 21:45 instead of 21:30. 15 minutes wasn't an unacceptable amount time to wait. - You took the liberty to be rude to two very nice clients who did not get to finish their bottle of wine to free the table for you. This is unacceptable. A short menu means that we only cook with freshest food. The tagine take 1:30hr to cook and then has to be served immediately .If you want a menu with a lot of choices you will be served frozen dishes. - We do offer : 5 appetizers - 7 main dishes - four desserts. Again we only serve the freshest food: always ! - Upon arrival, all the couscous was sold. The only dish that was missing from the menu. So please, do not exaggerate by saying that there were nothing more than a few boring dishes. - If you disagree with the ranking of 1000 & 1 Signs in Tripadvisor , we disagree with your opinion and wished trip advisor wouldn't allow spiteful comments such as yours .