“Clean, good location, tiny bathroom” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Bel Air
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue de la voute, 75012 Paris, France (Reuilly)   |
Ranked #905 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Tampa, Florida
“Clean, good location, tiny bathroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The location of the hotel is great with the metro station 5 minute walk away. I felt save in that neighborhood, even as a single woman walking in the evening from the metro to the hotel. Being so close to the Chateau de Vincennes, one should take the opportunity to check out that neighborhood. It's away from the tourist crowds and the lovely Parc de Floral is definitely worth a visit if you enjoy flower gardens. The only complaint I have is the size of the bathroom. I understand everything is small in Paris, but it felt claustrophobic. For a short stay, this hotel is perfectly fine, but for longer stays, I would choose something a bit bigger (and probably pricier).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is fantastic.

Located in a well-lit and safe neighbourhood with the Porte de Vincennes Metro station about five minutes' walk away. Room was perfectly sized for my needs (travelling alone, using the hotel as a base camp for inner city excursions). Receptionists were friendly, went out of their way to make sure I had all the information I needed about Paris, and spoke good English when I went past the limits of my French vocabulary! The bathroom was a little cramped but functional, and the sparkling dots scattered across the wallpaper were very cool. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers - I chose it because it was the cheapest hotel I could find that had good reviews, and the Hotel Bel Air more than lived up to its reputation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is located 5 minutes away from Porte de Vincenne metro station & also 7 minutes away from Picpus Metro Station. I loved the location very convenient & nice neighborhood. I loved the hotel style, it has Paris ambiance. The hotel is very clean & staff are very very friendly they helped me alot to plan for my stay & enjoy every moment in Paris. Just Bear in mind that there is no elevator at the hotel so you will need to hold your luggage up to your room. The hotel is value for money. I highly recommend it. I'll surely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was alone so I stayed in the economy room, to me it was really good cos most of the day I'm ou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and it perfect for our 4 night break in Paris. The rooms whilst small were clean and enough for what we needed which was essentially a bed and a shower. We did not spend much time in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast set us up for the rest of day although I think my husband would have preferred a full english!!!

Whilst not located in the centre it was very close to the tram and metro networks which were less than a minutes walk away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been in many hotels in Paris (and around Europe) and this is not a good one for several reasons:
1) Pretty far away from centre of Paris
2) I did not feel save walking back to the hotel at 9pm (sunset given it is August – I do not want to think at night)
3) Rooms incredibly small (if you have a suitcase you will struggle to walk around the bad)
4) External pipes in the bathroom
5) Noise all night long (we got woken up several times)
6) Not helpful receptionist who did not speak English
On the positive there is clearly the price and fact that they always have rooms available (no wonder why). All in all I would not go and I think that for the same price you can find much biter ones.

Mike

Room Tip: None are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My stay was very good right from paid Airport pick-up to the room I booked, very pleasant staff.Close Proximity to Tram and Metro station on a very important route which was Huge Plus. I had been communicating with booking.com that the hotel had debited the whole stay amount from the card the details of which I gave during the booking(I should have done it using the credit card but I used my Bank POS card a big MISTAKE), I had a very clear debit from my bank account. Just for clarity sake I mentioned this one day before check-out so that I do not have problems in a Early Morning checkout. After lot of discussions with the owner, who said there is no problem we would sort it out etc, I thanked them and went to my room, to my utter surprise I got an SMS from my bank that the hotel had made another transaction on my card . I was wondering how can a hotel do a transaction on my back that too when I was in the hotel without taking the card from my possession. Came to know they had done a similar transaction on my card using my card number provided by Booking.com. I am still running pillar to post to get a refund of the first transaction they carried out when I had booked in the hotel which they are claiming they only blocked and did not use it, but my bank has clearly given a statement that it has been paid to Hotel Bel air.I have been requesting for a statement from the hotel(from their bankers) that the initial payment made was not credited into the hotel account, which I am yet to get.MY ADVICE IS THAT NEVER USE YOUR POS CARD, USE ONLY A CREDIT CARD TO DO THE BOOKING, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD DO NOT BOOK USING BOOKING.COM.

Room Tip: Take double bed room even if you are single as the single rooms are hardly any size and you'll f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I traveled with my family last month to Paris and stayed on this hotel. I found this place from tripadvisor and I was really impressed with the reviews.

The welcome was really grand, parking is not that much great but the warm welcome covered up the lacking. We book 1 room on the 2nd floor.

The room was really nice and well decorated. I felt the bathrooms are kind of small comparing to the rooms. But on the bathroom they have rain shower which is really nice.

About food quality I have no complain but the service is not up to the mark. Service is really slow. But the good thing is they are cheap.

I enjoyed my 3 days of stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Bel Air? Share your experiences!