“Trains !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg

You added Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg to your Saves list
Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107, Boulevard Saint-Michel, 75005 Paris, France (Quartier Latin)   |
Special Offer
FOR BEST RATE BOOK DIRECT
Ranked #82 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
England
“Trains !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The only thing that spoiled this holiday for me was the trains...I was woke up early every morning by the rumbling of the trains underneath the hotel. Which was a shame because apart from that it had everything I needed, excellent staff, clean, comfortable, easy to walk into Paris, restaurants on the doorstep - the map they provide you with on your arrival is a fantastic idea and helped us out endlessly on our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, so not sure if you would still hear the trains on a higher level
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a delightful, boutique hotel in the heart of Paris. My sister and I just spent 11 days in Paris at this gem of a hotel. The hotel is well maintained and exudes a wonderful French charm. The entire staff were exceptional in their treatment of all guests. Returning to the hotel after a day of sightseeing was like returning home. Thank you to all of the staff for making our time in Paris so very special. Michele and Jessica you were awesome, thank you for taking care of every single detail during our stay....we won't forget you!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor facing the back, we found the hotel to be very quiet so any room would...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've stayed here often over the years. The staff is great, particularly Mustafa. The rooms are cozy, clean, quiet and airconditioned. Much of Paris is within walking distance and what is not is easy to get to via the RER (about 30 m from the door) and, a bit further away two metro lines.Also, many charming and excellent restaurants within walking distance not to mention the Luxembourg gardens across the street. A perfect Paris hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hôtel Observato... L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Alan N,

We would like to thank you for your review and for your loyalty towards the Observatoire.

Your kind words about our rooms and our location were truly appreciated. As you did mention, we are located a few steps away from the Luxembourg Gardens. You can also reach Notre-Dame and the Latin Corner in a 15-min walk. If you prefer to use public transports, our Front Desk team will provide you with the information that you need.

We look forward to your next stay with us,

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited Paris in early March this year. This was my first time in this city and I must say I was a bit sceptical as I was warned about the small sized rooms, sometimes unfriendly hotel staff , etc.
To my absolute delight I must say my stay at hotel Observatoire Luxembourg was a real surprise and a pleasant one at that. I chose this hotel based on recommendation from a friend who has been to Paris a few times and I must say she wasnt wrong.

Right from the friendly staff to the cozy rooms ( yes they are smaller than rooms you might find in many other cities, but I am also told this is one of the larger rooms you will find at this price) , everything was good. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast buffet, though not expansive was good with a nice collection of cheeses, eggs, fruits, bread and pastries. Lunch and dinner are quite good at the attached cafe with a hospitable staff and a good collection of wines. However, there are a number of options at a reasonable price and walk-able distance ( less than 10 minutes walk)from Lebanese to Japanese to some nice Indian stuff. The biggest plus was the accessibility to bus and metro ( Luxembourg station) at less than a minutes walking distance. In fact another station- Port Royal- is less than 10 minutes walk away. The Seine river and the Notre Dame Church are within 15 minutes walk away. The Louvre isnt too far by metro as are the Avenue Champs Elysee and the Tour Eiffel.
Ask for a quiet room on the top floor and you wont hear or feel the metro running virtually beneath the hotel.
Above all, extremely knowledgeable bell desk . Special mention of Monsieur Moustafa at the desk who is extremely friendly.
Would definitely love to stay here again when I visit Paris the next time.

Rajeev

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room....typically the ones facing away from the street view
Dear RajeevMenon74,

Thank you for sparing your time and share your comments about your stay at the Observatoire.

Your nice words about our property, our location and our team were highly appreciated. Please rest assured they were shared with the rest of the team.

We were delighted to read that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast (15€ per person, 12€ if you book it prior to your stay on our website) and Le Luco, our adjacent brasserie. The menu is available in your room and room service is possible upon availability, when Le Luco is open.

As you did mention, you can also find other dining options around the hotel: according to what you are looking for, our Front Desk team will be glad to recommend you a few restaurants.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again next time you come to our capital and advise you to contact us directly for our best rates,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel many times as I travel often for business and find this hotel most conveniently located in terms of public transport and central to reach other places in Paris. This time I had to bring my 3 year old daughter with me and the kind assistance of the staff was very much appreciated.Michele at the front desk was very helpful at check in and check out and also during the entire stay. The other staff at the front desk too were very kind and helpful and went out of their way to hep me and my little girl. Mustafa organised for us to have breakfast in our room, a service I was not aware of as I never needed it before, this was helpful, as my little girl could not get up in time for breakfast. Everything was done with detail and was just perfect! I will definitely be going back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone visiting Paris.

Room Tip: In your comments when booking , kindly indicate any special requests and follow up with a phone call...
Dear szowee,

Thank you for your detailed and positive review about your recent stay with us.

Your loyalty is essential to us, we were delighted to read that you particularly enjoy our location and our service.

As you did mention, it is possible to have your breakfast delivered to your room upon request and availability, during breakfast opening hours (7 until 10am, 11 on Sundays). We advise you to let the Front Desk team know the day before.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again and advise you to contact us directly for our best offers,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Located at a distance of 10 meters from the RER B, hotel luxemborg is a charming, charismatic hotel with direct views of the Eiffel Tower from a distance. Located in the Latin quarters, the Pantheon is at a walking distance. Also, the best streets with restaurants is also at a walking distance. The reception manager during the day is extremely polite and helpful ( wish I could remember his name !). Furthermore, the rooms are very functional and are tastefully done up. The elevator is rather tiny, but with wooden staircase giving it a rather old world charm, we hardly took the elevator. Breakfast is not exceptional but is certainly good to get your day started. But given the number of amazing patisseries around, we would try the latest bakes every morning! All in all a highly recommended hotel overall for its location, cleanliness, up keep and friendliness.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hôtel Observato... L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear poojapatil,

Thank you for sparing your time and share your comments about your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially our location and service.

As you did mention, the hotel is located in the southern part of the Latin District, just a few steps away from the Pantheon and the Luxembourg Gardens. Notre-Dame, Saint-Germain des Près and Montparnasse are within walking distance. Do not hesitate to ask our Front Desk for directions, they are available 24/7.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again and invite you to contact us directly for our best offers,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff were very helpful. Room was very clean. Unfortunately workman were on site scraping paint outside our window all day and we were not warned of scaffolding that meant you could not see the views which is why we wanted a room on the 5 th floor. The sound proof windows were brilliant though and cut the noise of traffic completely. The room was very small. The shower and toilet was very small but lots of lovely hot water all the time. shower itself was great. The hotel is right next to the Luxembourg metro station which makes getting around Paris very easy.

I want to be clear that the staff were very keen to please. We didn't ask for a differnt room and perhaps if we had we might have had more space. the one I booked was suppose to be one of the better rooms so there didn't seem any point. We would have liked a bit more space.

As long as you only want to sleep in the hotel this would be a good solution for you as its clean, bed very comfortable and lots of hot water with lovely staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg? Share your experiences!