The 3 star rating of Hotel Observatoire is on the mark. If you're looking for the Ritz experience keep looking. If you're looking for a neat, clean place to stay that is conveniently situated, this pleasant little hotel works. The staff, all of whom spoke excellent English, were extremely gracious and helpful. They repeatedly provided excellent recommendations, directions, explanations, etc. They are probably the most valuable asset Hotel Luxembourg has.
You are about 150 meters from a Metro/ RER stop. We took a single train from the CDG airport to the hotel - easy! The staff explained how the Metro system works and we used it extensively along with lots of walking. You are close to the 3 times a week market on Rue des Carmes, to Rue Moffetard, St. Germain and it's endless shopping, and about a mile from Notre Dame. I could go on and on. The WiFi worked without any glitches and was free as advertised.
It was our second stay at this hotel and we're looking forward to our third stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located just next to Luxembourg Gardens and a few steps from La Sorbonne and the Latin Quarter, Hotel Obervatoire Luxembourg offers you a typical Parisian experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Observatoire Luxembourg Hotel
- Observatoire Luxembourg Paris