“Location, charm, service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Continent

You added Hotel du Continent to your Saves list
Hotel du Continent
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30, rue du Mont-Thabor | 1 Arr, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #78 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Location, charm, service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Lovely hotel in the best location with friendly helpful staff, good price for Paris. Close to Place de la Concorde, Place Vendome, the Louvre, Tuileries, Jeu de Paume, Orangerie and the No. 1 metro line. Decor a bit funky, but that's part of the charm. We'd go back in a minute.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreea_duContinent, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Continent, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear sir,
Thank you for your review.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay amongst us.
We are sorry to understand that no one warned you about the design signed Christian Lacroix, the famous french designer.
yes, the unique atmosphere of your boutique hotel in Paris is inspired by old travels style revisited by the genius of the artist and the luxury surroundings symbols of Paris.
We hope you liked this special design though.
We hope to see you again in Paris !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This Hotel is located few steps away from Rue Castiglione and Place Vendome, within walking distance to every place downtown Paris, from the fashion district to The Louvre, Place de La Concorde etc. Just 30 rooms, in five floors, each representing one Continent.
Nicely decorated with Christian Lacroix wallpaper reproducing old Maps. In a very quiet street, it grants silent rest in confortable beds for affordable prices.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreea_duContinent, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Continent, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello lapatriarca ,
We were delighted to receive you in our boutique-hotel in the heart of Paris.
Yes we got only 30 rooms. To preserve the quality of our welcome and services it is absolutely necessary : we do still focus on "private home" atmosphere !
Furthermore, you are in the true historic and lively heart of Paris but in a peaceful location.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is ideally situated for sightseeing, I crammed alot of touring into a 24 hour layover. The staff are super friendly and helpful in explaining the hotel, offering services, they upgraded my room as they had the space and they allowed me to check in early when i went by to drop my bag before sightseeing, all unexpected nice touches and I was only staying one night on a layover and they treated me the same as if I was there for a week.

The hotel is fully renovated and very charming. The room was cleverly designed as the bathroom is in the lower floor to your room which allowed them to make a very generous bathroom and soaker shower for paris where space is soo expensive. My only suggestion is maybe put Led lights under the stair treads or baseboards it would be a cool effect.

Thanks Hotel du Continent !

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Andreea_duContinent, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Continent, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear happyfamily17
Thank you for your stunning review.
We are very happy you took advantage of the exceptional situation of our romantic boutique-hotel !
Yes the exceptional design was thought by Christian lacroix, the famous french designer !
And the whole historic and luxury city is at your feet without effort !
Thank you for our staff appreciation. Our goal is that you can feel exactly like a "private home".
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was in Paris about a month ago. The hotel was perfect! The concieges were pleasant and helpful. The service providers were also friendly. I was surprised by the size of my room but I'm glad I read reviews about European hotels. the lobby was the best feature-I loved the wallpaper. Regardless, I was very comfortable. The location was perfect to anywhere in the city to travel to. I want to thank one of the concierges (Melanie)for helping me with my French-she was patient and accommodating. It really helped. I will highly recommend this hotel. I know I will stay at this hotel whenever I make it to Paris.

Room Tip: The Antartica room is very small but comfortable. Unfortunately, you can hear doors shutting.
Dear Lynn H,
Thank you for your review.
We were delighted to receive you in our boutique-hotel in the heart of Paris.
We are glad you took advantage of the stylish design signed Christian Lacroix. No doubt that the special and romantic atmosphere of hotel du Continent is a true asset.
Thank you for our staff's appreciation.
We like to be assured you feel warm, helped when you stay amongst us.
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I traveled solo to Paris in October and stayed at the Hotel du Continent. This hotel is close to all major attractions, it is newly renovated (everything is new!), it offers free wi-fi, it is located in a great area and it is safe to walk at night from a nice dinner. The hotel's best asset is their staff, they were very helpful, accommodating and friendly. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Paris, whether it is business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Andreea_duContinent, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Continent, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Carmen R
Thank you for your review about our hotel.
It was nice to meet you during your stay in Paris.
It's great if you enjoyed our unique design and peculiar atmosphere especially thought by the famous french designer Christian Lacroix.
Yes the wifi is free and secured in the whole hotel and we offer a large ranks of services for business women and men.
Thank you for our staff' appreciation.
See you soon in Paris.
Moore, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I spent three days at the Hotel du Continent in October. We could not have chosen a better place to stay. The location was great. We enjoy walking so we walked everywhere, no public transportation although some of the sights were a hike. The staff was exceptional, the breakfast was more than adequate and the room was very comfortable. Very happy with our choice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jeannie466,
Thank you for your nice review about our boutique-hotel.
We were glad to meet you during your stay amongst us..
We are delighted you took advantage of our services.
Yes the situation is perfect to explore by foot the whole historic and monumental Paris.
You could discover the fashion and chic side Paris -Madeleine and place Vendôme, Rue de Rivoli, rue royale…- , as well as the great monuments like Eiffel Tower, Le Louvre, Notre Dame etc.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just returned from a 6 day trip to Paris staying at Hotel du Continent. At first impression I thought the hotel was comfortable and chic. When I looked up the word chic, it said "casual and understated style" This hotel is casual yet not understated. It has over the top style, well designed by Christian LaCroix. Wall coverings, furniture and light fixtures are all unique and fashion forward. They all blend in harmony in a very colorful palette. My room was small, typical for European rooms, yet everything was very well thought out with great attention to detail. It is all very new, clean and comfortable. Great bathroom, shower was powerful. Toiletries by Missoni. Fantastic!
The front desk was very nice, spoke English, and saw that all of my needs were met. They did this with a smile. The breakfast, at ten Euros was a good price for an elegant start to the day. The lady serving in the breakfast room is very sweet. Wonderful coffee, croissant, yogurt, and juice.
I felt very much "at home" at Hotel du Continent, and will return.

Room Tip: My room faced the inner courtyard. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Andreea_duContinent, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Continent, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello mmramz,
Thank you so much for you great review about our boutique-hotel !
We are very happy you fully enjoyed your stay amongst us.
And yes, the "like home" feeling is one of our goal. Each guest must experiment the most comfortable and cool atmosphere, even at the other side of the world, like you.
It's so great that the incredible artistic work of Christian lacroix pleased you !
We are very proud of the result in our boutique hotel in the heart of Paris !
See you very soon in France !

Been to Hotel du Continent? Share your experiences!