I haven’t stayed in Citadines since it was taken over by Ascott Group several years ago, so I was a bit wary when reserving. But I need not have worried. The takeover by Ascott has raised the standards, plus this particular property has been renovated.
The apartments are small but well designed and outfitted. You get a half-sized fridge, microwave/grill, mini-dishwasher, water kettle, coffee dripper, and all the dishes, mugs, silverware, etc that you might need for a simple meal, and soap, sponge, and towel for washing up. All the appliances were clean and working condition and there was a guide to explain how they functioned.
The apartment was also well outfitted and the bathroom had plenty of counter space. You should, however, bring your own toiletries as there was only one dispenser of soap/shampoo, and nothing else (to be expected). In terms of furniture, i only wished for a bigger table, another room light, and perhaps a luggage rack. The building also has a simple gym, and laundry facilities, although it’s not cheap to wash your clothes (9 euros per load!).
Perhaps the best thing about the apartment is the location –right at the metro station, with access to the 8 and 9 lines, walking distance to Opera, Madeleine, and the big department stores. There are supermarkets, restaurants, and cafes within a block or two, although this commercial area is missing a traditional boulangerie.
All in all, a good choice, and very reasonable too for Paris. I felt like I got very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the middle of a major shopping district, your Apart'hotel, situated around Richelieu-Drouot, is a great place to base yourself for your shopping expeditions. Here, you will find countless luxury boutiques, shopping galleries such as the Passages Verdeau, Choiseul, Jouffroy and des Panoramas. Rest your tired feet at any of its stylish restaurants in the area, drop your shopping off in the Apart'hotel, then start again at large department stores just 10 minutes away on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Citadines Opera Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards Hotel Paris
- Citadines Opera Grand Boulevards Paris