“Best soufflé ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 13,398 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: It opened in January this year at the location of the former Kiwi Corner restaurant. It has been rated on thefork.com website at 8.2/10. We've eaten there and found the restaurant to feature classic French cooking, extremely well prepared in a small congenial restaurant across from the Luxembourg Gardens. We sampled the dishes and found all of them very good to excellent. Nice choice of reasonably priced wines too. I particularly liked the Grand Marnier Souffle. The best part is the very reasonable prices which are shown on the thefork.com website.
tennessee
“Best soufflé ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our wonderful first evening in Paris was spent at La Cuisine de Philippe.
Philippe and his wife were so charming and the mushroom soufflé was by far the best soufflé I've ever had. We felt as though we were invited to a dinner party in a Parisian home and enjoyed the stroll back to our apartment in the 6th arris after dinner. Wonderful memory!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Soufflé, something amazing then - woo hoo - Soufflé”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you're only reading my review - sorry, I've cheated and only included things I think the others haven't mentioned (see other kind reviews for some excellent reasons to visit this restaurant).

So - you like soufflé? Yes; then book. If you don't, can I suggest you book and challenge your current thinking around delicious eggy sweet and savoury cuisine.

So what am I adding to try and help you:

1) Book - it's tiny and excellent, you will not get a table by walking in (and they do - perhaps the only possible negative of this restaurant was the procession of people hoping to get a table by walking in - no chance at all .....)

2) Pre-Order a taxi home - not a busy route and you will struggle to pick up a cab from outside unless you've booked. I'm sure the restaurant will help here.

3) Try something different - It would have been too easy to go for the obvious Soufflés; chocolate, cheese. pistachio etc. (all excellent so my girlfriend tells me) - but a chance to go for honey, fruit etc. you won't see this elsewhere.

4) Stop searching for the website - brush up on your French (or English as we did) and phone. I don't think you'll find another way to reach them.

An absolute pleasure of an evening - to share in the passion this wife and husband team have for serving excellent food (and you will get chance to talk to both and express your heartfelt delight at having chosen to eat there.

Looking forwards to returning - I will be booking in advance .......

• Visited September 2013
Zurich
“Excellent lunch. This place has been discovered, so get there before the line is out the door.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

A stone's throw from the Luxembourg Gardens, this is exactly what you want from a Parisian bistro --- simple, honest food, served in a friendly environment. Locals go here, which I think is really important. The waitress (yes, only one is needed in a place of this size) was funny and fast. The cook (and owner) Philippe greeted us at the door.

The prices are reasonable and lunch is served with a decent glass of house wine.

The souffles are truly excellent. The fish that my wife ordered was excellent. My Boeuf Bourgignon was authentic.

The decor is original and tasteful. The lighting is perfect.

Note : cheek-by-jowl seating (but that's part of the fun)

• Visited October 2013
Dubai
“Memorable souffles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our Hotel recommended this restaurant and it was amazing. Quaint, good service, intimate, and the food was incredible. We actually had dinner there 2 out of 4 nights in Paris it was so good. The soufflés were memorable! The Chef came out on the second night to say hello. It was only steps from our hotel and not related to the hotel but because of the proximity was the perfect restaurant for our hotel.

Visited October 2013
Queenstown, Maryland, United States
“Wonderful experience all the way around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This little gem was right up the street from our apartment. Make a reservation as the place is very small. Souffle's were wonderful!! Phillippe came out to make sure we were comfortable and that we enjoyed his wonderful meal. A definite must for your visit to Paris.

• Visited October 2013