“My fave place to stay in Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Le Regent Hostel
37 boulevard de Rochechouart | 9th Arr., 75009 Paris, France   |
Ranked #37 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Leeds, United Kingdom
“My fave place to stay in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I adore this hostel. There is a real international feel and every time I've visited, I've had really nice and interesting room mates and a gorgeous view of Montmartre. The hostel is cheerfully decorated and right in the cusp of Paris' Pigalle district, just opposite the metro and about 20 mins walk from Gare du Nord. A word of advice, be careful walking round here at night as a lone traveler, especially if you're walking from the station through the Barbès area, there are a few dodgy people hanging around. I highly recommend this place and stay here every time I'm in Paris. The rooms are clean for a Paris hostel but remember to bring your own towels and soap!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Laetitia-Manager, Manager at Le Regent Hostel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you for your nice review. Our aim is to make our guest's stay nice and fun. My team and I are really happy to read that each time you renew your trust in our hostel.
Looking forward to have again the joy to welcoming you back many times.

Laëtitia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Totally price worthy and above standard for a hostel, excellent staff, great croissants, great facilities (there is laundry machines, big equipped kitchen), location is amazing. We had 3 rooms, 9 people in total. All rooms were different. One had an amazing view of Sacre Caeur incl small mini balcony, other had view of courtyard yet included a bathtub! We had a great stay. The service is over the top for a hostel. There are plenty of common areas where people talk and connect. Tips about sightseeing etc are displayed on the walls. There are lifts for each part of the building.

I forgot my laptop in the room (hidden), it was located and Regent helped me with shipment to Toulouse (french town in the South). The personnel are trustworthy, multilingual and overall very helpful. You feel welcomed!

I would strongly recommend a stay and will come back.

Once again thank you for everything!

Kind regards,
Susanne

Room Tip: There is a free fussball game downstairs. Great fun!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Laetitia-Manager, Manager at Le Regent Hostel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you for your very nice comment. It's always a pleasure to read that we've made our job making your stay with us in Paris pleasant.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reims, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Well, before going to Paris i chose that location due to proximity to most of sightseeing places of Paris. The price was also attractive - 24 EUR per night for 6-bed room. The staff is really indifferent to the client, sometimes on the reception there was no one because the receptionist was...smoking outdoors. In the bathroom was no soap, so i had to wash hands with the shampoo forgotten by someone of previous guests.

Now the issues regarding the room and sleep quality. The bed was ok (although with 1.80cm height you cannot sit on the lower normally) , but I could not sleep normally for 1-1.5 hours, the Brazilian girl from the bed below was carrying her friends from other rooms to gossip or so. Finally they got tired of chatting and I fell asleep, but my happiness did not last long. Next morning before the check-out I discovered 20 EUR missing in my wallet and today I detected in my bank that some bastards withdrew all money from my credit card while I was sleeping and put the card back before I woke up! Gladly they did not not pull out the cash from inner pocket, otherwise I would be completely bankrupt now. Looks like they decided not to steal my camera while in this case the disappearance would be obvious. I did well that went to Paris without laptop as well - who know, maybe it could also be stolen or used for performing fraud operations with credit cards. I was lucky that I bought train ticket for the way back before going to Paris and not before the return. Concerning the breakfast - it is from 7:30 till 10:30, but all juice is drunk and croissants eaten - you stay hungry.

Verdict: will never stay there again. And my recommendation to others who will be attracted by low prices and good location - you'd better pay more, but stay safe with all your values than being like me in the moment - completely out of money and without definite compensation for the illegal operations from the bank (because the CC was kindly returned by the thieves after completing their fraud stuff). Be careful with that barn on the Rochechouart boulevard, folks!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Laetitia-Manager, Manager at Le Regent Hostel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Bonjour,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to writting your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in our establishment even if you think that we are located and good value.
Your comment will help all the team to improve our service.
As we want our guest staying in our hostel in security, we provide at the reception lockers for free to put valuable items. Or if our guests have their own lock, they can use the lockers in their room.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to show how good we can be.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed in a double room with private shower for five days. My room had everything! Good wifi connection, soap in the toilet, bath towels, television - which were not what we expected when we booked this place, and we felt that we had hotel facilities as hostel pricing. There was also a LIFT in the hostel! Montmarte has the local vibe and you'll never run of of things to do/ see if you just want to stay within the neighbourhood.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay in our establishment. Our aim is to make the stay of our guest easy and wonderful.

Thank you for noticing that we are a budget hotel and hostel.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Had a really top 2 nights here after looking for a hostel in the Montmartre area. Was welcomed by genuinely nice staff, the room was a decent size for four beds and the bathroom clean and efficient. Really impressed both with the hostel and the area, although the walk down to Moulin Rouge is at your own risk - way better to take the Metro to avoid overzealous live show owners and the odd suggestive lady of the night,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bonjour,

Thank you for your nice feedback regarding your stay in our establishment. It's always a pleasure for my team and me to read that our guest enjoy their stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our establishment.

Laëtitia,
Manager
Kozhikode, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed in the hostel with a couple of my friends from 23rd to 29th December, 2013. Average 6 bed conjusted dorm, with a sort-of-okay washroom. They have pretty much everything you would need to stay as a traveller. The wi-fi sucks pretty much in rooms but work well in the living room / dining areas. Make sure you bring your own padlock if you want to use the lockers in the room. Also, do not forget to bring your own towels. You might not feel comfortable, but there is not much to complain as well.

The location of the hostel is nice, right near the Anvers metro station and 10 mins climb to the Basilica of Sacre coeur, Montmartre. If you stay here, it would be quite easy to take the famous free walking tour of Montmartre. The area is also known for its party culture red-light activities.

Location Disadvantage: The area is full of robbers who would either try to steal away your wallet or try to grab money from you. I was near Moulin Rouge (walking distance to this hostel) with a friend of mine at around 12 midnight and nearly lost my wallet while talking with some fellow strangers. Within seconds, I realized my wallet was missing from my pocket, I caught those people in time and forced them to return my wallet. Always try to keep your belongings carefully in your front pocket and not in your back pocket. Also, try not to roam around alone at night.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms on or above the 4th floor with the balcony facing towards the Basilica of Sacre...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to writting your feedback.
We appreciate that you notice our convenient location next to the metro station which make the visit of Paris easy.

As everywhere, I believe, there are people with bad intention especially with tourists. Fortunately you succeed to get back your wallet.

Despite that points, we hope that we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

te awamutu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Alice on the staff was super helpful. the well worn wooden spiral staircase is gorgeous. en suite in our 4 bed dorm.

after doing one tourist attraction each morning we browsed our suburb in the afternoon. as well as sacre coeur and the sidewalk artist section, there's brilliant chocolate and other arty shops down the hill around Rue de matyrs

Room Tip: if you like it quieter in the evenings get a higher level room eg our fourth floor was great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your nice comment! Our main goal is to make our guests happy and enjoy Paris Thank you for Alice, she was happy to read that she participated actively to it. We hope that you come back soon !!!

Best Regards,
Laëtitia

Been to Le Regent Hostel? Share your experiences!