I was unsure how we would like this hotel when we booked, but I worried for nothing. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location is perfect - across from Notre Dame and across the street from the St. MIchel RER stop. The Latin Quarter location is also handy - tons of restaurants to enjoy after a day of wandering Paris.
Let me point out some of the quirks that might not appeal to everyone:
- The decor is, well, unique. I found it kitchy. Wallpaper I don't think you can get anywhere just made it fun
- Don't have high expectations for "courtyard view" - it's a tiny rooftop area between buildings. But don't fret - our room had an enormous flat screen on one wall with only one channel showing a web cam of Notre Dame - so we felt like we had a window, but without the noise!
- There was no shower curtain in our bathroom - can be a challenge for an American used to standing under the water
- The elevator holds 2 regular-sized Americans. To get upstairs with our suitcases, we had to go separately. So what - once arriving and once departing. We laughed both times.
Now let's point out some of the awesome things:
- Breakfast is only 9E each, and is filling - croissant, chocolate croissant, and bread, jams, butter, coffe or tea, orange juice - just what you need and cheaper than a cafe, at a table overlooking Notre Dame
- Staff was so helpful and friendly and spoke perfect English
- Makes it easy to go to an evening movie at Notre Dame without worrying about getting back too late
- The bathroom is ENORMOUS by European standards. And well appointed - a beautiful granite sink, plenty of counter, plenty of room in general
- The room was a fine size. Place to put your suitcases without tripping, a safe for passports, a few drawers and hanging area, as well as a desk.
I know I have a go-to hotel in Paris if I get to visit again.
Courtyard room is quieter but A/C noise can be heard
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Guest ; we would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay with us.We are so glad to see that everything went well ; and be sure that all remarks are important to us ; your opinion helps us to become better and to improve our service and facilities ; and as you find your place to stay in Paris we are looking forward to welcome you very soon ;Best Regards.Simona
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.