“Not satisfied ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Save Saved
You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #306 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Novara, Piemonte, Italy
“Not satisfied ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel looks great at a first sight,rooms are clean and staff speak a good English.
But it has a lot of problems. First of all, the price: one night in Paris cost me almost the same amount of three days in Tokyo (center). No matter how much you love Paris, comparing the city with Tokyo is a no game.
Second, you have to pay for everything: breakfast is not included and it is 24 euro each person.
Third, Internet speed in rooms is embarrassing at least. I had to switch to data connection to be able to whatsapp and FB.
So, I am not satisfied about this hotel expecially comparing to the price I payed and I will look for another location the next stay in Paris.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Though we understood your dissatisfaction towards the cost of services in Paris compared to Tokyo, we are very glad to read that the hotel, its clean rooms and english speaking staff has left a "Great" impression upon your arrival.

By means of explanation only, our Management constantly strives to assured that our prices are all in line with the similar category of hotels in the city.

Also we would like to kindly bring to your attention that an included or an excluded breakfast depends on the kind of reservation made and several packages exist with options of included breakfast with difference in price. I hereby request you to please not hesitate to contact us for any of your future stays and we will be more than glad to propose you interesting options.

With kind regards,

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel du Collectionneur in Paris for 5 nights and I wish it could have been longer. This was an absolutely lovely and exquisite gem in Paris.
We walked into the hotel and the lobby was gorgeous! There was red vibrant carpeting and beautiful centerpieces with huge fresh flowers. It was breathtaking as Paris is in general. When we approached the front desk we were greeted by a friendly clerk who checked us in within 5 minutes. It was short and sweet. She spoke great English and told us about all of the hotel amenities. Since we purchased the Luxury Eiffel Suite with the balcony we received free breakfast and access to the upstairs lounge. It was totally worth it.

She walked us up to the room, personally and showed us the room. It was pretty small as most European hotels are but it was a beautiful room. It was very modern, nice carpet and great bathroom. Very clean, which is the most important aspect of a hotel room to me. When I stepped onto the balcony, I look straight ahead and see the most stunning view of the Eiffel Tower. It was so romantic! My husband and I were shocked at how great the view was. We had great weather so we sat out on the balcony every night when we got back to the room. One night when we came home we received a free bottle of champagne, French macaroons and chocolate cake. We enjoyed it on the balcony which was super romantic. I felt so special.

The executive lounge is awesome! Great champagne, wine and top shelf liqueurs. They also have great little finger foods and dessert. The breakfast was complimentary and excellent. There is an omelet station, fresh fruit, croissants, pastries, bacon, hash browns..ect. Great!

The location of this hotel was good. It is about 3-4 blocks away from the Arc de Triomphe. Not bad if you like to walk and have good weather. It was no problem for us.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay in Paris and at this hotel. Staff/concierge was great and helpful, food was excellent and the room and view was phenomenal. The one complaint that I had was the slow internet speed. That should be improved. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others going to Paris.

Room Tip: Luxury Eiffel Suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I took great pleasure in reading your very sweet comments about our staff, the service experienced and about how much you enjoyed our services at the Executive lounge along your room with its wonderful view.

Our management is very glad that we were able to leave a mark of satisfaction and returned your stay as a memorable one.

Please rest assured that all your happiness has been passed on to all our colleagues whose efforts have been answered and they remain as a source of great motivation for the future.

I truly wish to see you and your husband back at our hotel for many more special occasions,

with our very warm regards,

cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

stayed here two nights early november.
lovely rooms overlooking a beautiful courtyard.
stylish hotel bar,staff couldn't do enough to help with our sightseeing plans.
rooms spacious clean and with coffee making facilities,free wi fi.
breakfast was a little hit and miss and very busy,apart from that perfect.
tip..used to be a hilton hotel helps to tell the taxi drivers this as a lot hadn't heard of it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review on the site Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to read about your satisfaction with the rooms, the view, facilities in room and the free Wifi. Your comment about the help from staff for sightseeing or the breakfast have been reviewed by the concerning department managers and will look into the details to assure betterments at their best abilities.

Looking forward to welcome you back in not so distant future,

with best wishes,

Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Le Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe is a very nice hotel excellently located near the l'Arc de Triomphe. I arrived 3 hours before normal checking time, but they placed me in a room. Unfortunately apparently they allow smoking in this hotel, so the room "reeked" of smoke. I cannot believe they even allow smoking in any of their rooms in this day and age. I guess I took some things for granted that I shouldn't. The last dozen or so hotels I stayed were automatically non-smoking, since they didn't allow smoking at all. I was too tired to ask for another room, and I was 3 hours early... so... (sorry I would have rated this hotel 4 stars if not for the smoke smell of the room.) The room was modern, very nice, overlooking their very nice courtyard. Front desk was friendly and efficient. Breakfast buffet was OK. Did not do room service, nor use any of their facilities. I used this hotel as base to go to work, and to visit some of Paris' best known such as the l'Arc, Eiffel Tower, Champs d'Elyssees... etc... Courcelles and Etoile subway stations are about 10 minute walk... Taxis always waiting in queue.... some OK restaurants nearby... Sorry for the three stars... I'll come back and stay in a non-smoking room, next time...

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room, if you are non-smoker.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel nice and the staff very friendly and efficient. We are also pleased to know how much you enjoyed the location.

I would like to assure you that our Executive Housekeeper has been informed about the smell of smoke in our non smoking rooms and corrective actions will be taken to improve the control of our rooms. By means of explanation only, please do not hesitate to call back the reception immediately in such situations where very quick minutes may be taken to find a solution and to assure your entire satisfaction.

Please accept our very sincere apolgoies for the obvious upset and inconvenience.

I wish to welcome the opportunity to see you back at the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future reservations. I will surely be glad to asssist you any time.

Kind regards,

Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was staying in hotel for few days and the stay it self was quite nice but it was a matter how they handled my left belongings after left back home. At same day of checkout i contacted hotel that i left some clothes to my room. They answered next day that they didnt find anything from room and thats it! So what they did? They asked from cleaning lady that did you find something from that room and she said that she didnt? So customer must be wrong and he propably left it to somewhere else or then he just didnt know what clothes he was having with..? Nice thinking! Especially from five star hotel..

For me its easy to draw a conclusion that there is a thief in hotel staff, definately not a five star place. Even in three star this would have been handled better.. A MUST VOID place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to learn that your stay itself was quite nice in our hotel but our management was very upset to read of the facts about how your complaint concerning some forgotten objects has been handled and we all very sincerely apologise for the obvious upset and inconvenience you may have had to experience.

Dear guest, I agree with you that we have not met your expectations following the above situation and so I take this opportunity to request you to please be kind in contacting me on my personal e-mail contact vandana.gudivada@thegatecollection.com with your identity, room and stay details and explaining me in detail of the forgotten items.

I will be more than glad to assist you in the follow up and assure to satisfy your expectations.

Looking forward to hear from you in not so distant future and truly hoping to regain your confidence in our services and property management, I remain at your availability.

With my very best wishes,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My daughter and I celebrated my birthday here in 2010 when it was part of the Hilton chain. We had a lovely time then and did not think it could get better, but it has. We were booked both times for the executive level, but this August when we arrived, we were upgraded to a two bath suite. The rooftop lounge is our favorite spot and the complimentary food and wines are all excellent.
We enjoyed the bar directly off the lobby and excellent room service! Everyone at the hotel goes out of their way to make you feel at home.
Housekeepers are attentive and all linens and beds are comfortable. In fact, I slept as well in the hotel room as I do in my own bed. Probably why another guest from Saudi Arabia told us he always stays at this hotel on his very frequent business trips to Paris.
I cannot wait to return!
I cannot say enough good things about the concierge service. They are eager to help with setting up last minute reservations and private drivers, tour guide to Versailles, etc... outstanding in every way!

Room Tip: Executive level rooms are worth the extra expense and many have panoramic views of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking out some of your precious time to write such motivating review on the Trip Advisor regard to your recent stay with us.

I learnt of your satisfaction about several services in our Hotel and please rest assured that all your comments have been shared with the concerning departments and especially to the concierge team.

I truly hope to welcome you back with your family for many more special occassions in future.

With our warm regards to all of you,

Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at hotel Du Collectionneur for 4 days/3 nights end of Oct; staff wereso nice and helpful they helped in booking paris tour in short notice, bought discounted tickets to Disneyland from the hotel and tickets for Louvre to avoid the queue. Spacious room, elegant and clean. Breakfast was so rich, varity with TV channels, excellent location.
Keep up the good work.
Overall, hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice comments you have posted after your recent stay with us.

I have personally shared your feedback with all our staff since it is always a great source of motivation to know our valued guests like you are satisfied.

I really hope to welcome the opportunity to see you back at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris in a not very distant future.

Best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Quiet, Room Ser...
Hotel Napoleon Paris
Hotel Napoleon Paris
#220 of 1,795 in Paris
4.0 of 5 stars 663 reviews

Been to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!