“Hardly five star” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Save Saved
You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #371 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Helsinki, Finland
“Hardly five star”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was staying in hotel for few days and the stay it self was quite nice but it was a matter how they handled my left belongings after left back home. At same day of checkout i contacted hotel that i left some clothes to my room. They answered next day that they didnt find anything from room and thats it! So what they did? They asked from cleaning lady that did you find something from that room and she said that she didnt? So customer must be wrong and he propably left it to somewhere else or then he just didnt know what clothes he was having with..? Nice thinking! Especially from five star hotel..

For me its easy to draw a conclusion that there is a thief in hotel staff, definately not a five star place. Even in three star this would have been handled better.. A MUST VOID place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to learn that your stay itself was quite nice in our hotel but our management was very upset to read of the facts about how your complaint concerning some forgotten objects has been handled and we all very sincerely apologise for the obvious upset and inconvenience you may have had to experience.

Dear guest, I agree with you that we have not met your expectations following the above situation and so I take this opportunity to request you to please be kind in contacting me on my personal e-mail contact vandana.gudivada@thegatecollection.com with your identity, room and stay details and explaining me in detail of the forgotten items.

I will be more than glad to assist you in the follow up and assure to satisfy your expectations.

Looking forward to hear from you in not so distant future and truly hoping to regain your confidence in our services and property management, I remain at your availability.

With my very best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My daughter and I celebrated my birthday here in 2010 when it was part of the Hilton chain. We had a lovely time then and did not think it could get better, but it has. We were booked both times for the executive level, but this August when we arrived, we were upgraded to a two bath suite. The rooftop lounge is our favorite spot and the complimentary food and wines are all excellent.
We enjoyed the bar directly off the lobby and excellent room service! Everyone at the hotel goes out of their way to make you feel at home.
Housekeepers are attentive and all linens and beds are comfortable. In fact, I slept as well in the hotel room as I do in my own bed. Probably why another guest from Saudi Arabia told us he always stays at this hotel on his very frequent business trips to Paris.
I cannot wait to return!
I cannot say enough good things about the concierge service. They are eager to help with setting up last minute reservations and private drivers, tour guide to Versailles, etc... outstanding in every way!

Room Tip: Executive level rooms are worth the extra expense and many have panoramic views of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking out some of your precious time to write such motivating review on the Trip Advisor regard to your recent stay with us.

I learnt of your satisfaction about several services in our Hotel and please rest assured that all your comments have been shared with the concerning departments and especially to the concierge team.

I truly hope to welcome you back with your family for many more special occassions in future.

With our warm regards to all of you,

Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at hotel Du Collectionneur for 4 days/3 nights end of Oct; staff wereso nice and helpful they helped in booking paris tour in short notice, bought discounted tickets to Disneyland from the hotel and tickets for Louvre to avoid the queue. Spacious room, elegant and clean. Breakfast was so rich, varity with TV channels, excellent location.
Keep up the good work.
Overall, hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice comments you have posted after your recent stay with us.

I have personally shared your feedback with all our staff since it is always a great source of motivation to know our valued guests like you are satisfied.

I really hope to welcome the opportunity to see you back at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris in a not very distant future.

Best wishes,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here only one night, but the location was very convenient, and the concierge staff was extremely helpful while we were there and before we arrived. They provided a number of options for me for dinner, giving in-depth analysis and reviews, and the option we ended up going with was indeed a lovely choice. Their response time over e-mail, especially considering the time difference, was very attentive.

Given the price, I am not sure if we would stay there for an extended vacation in Paris, but it was a very nice choice for the end of a trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback with our Front of the house and the concierge managers who will be glad to know that their colleagues' efforts have been contributed to your enjoyable stay. Since we constantly strive to meet our guest's expectations, I am very pleased to learn about your entire satisfaction.

I look forward for another opportunity to welcome you back and request you to please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance when an extended stay plan in Paris is done in future.

Cordially,

Medicine Park, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from Paris, where we spent nearly 10 days (nine nights at Hotel du Collectionneur). We arrived 5 hours before check in time, and they were happy to show us to our lovely room without hesitation. The staff was very friendly and were always ready to help if we had a question. The hotel lobby smelled WONDERFUL (we decided they must use the limited edition of Papier D'Armenie burning papers to create the exotic and alluring scent)...I don't understand the complaints from those who must have overly sensitive, very prudish noses. They brought chocolate to our room twice per day, Evian water daily and even sent chocolate mousse and champagne to the room for my birthday. WiFi was free of charge (rare at European hotels) and the bed (we had a king standard room) was comfortable. The hotel was very quiet during our stay. Water pressure was great, and the room was impeccably clean. We felt quite pampered during our stay. I will definitely return!!! Love from the American mother and daughter who occupied room 136 for 9 glorious days! Merci!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
With all our love being returned to the American mother and daughter who has been so generous in expressing your feelings about your very glorious and felt quite pampered experience at our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris, a heartfelt "gratitude".

I cannot thank you enough on behalf of our staff members for your kind comments having mentioned on the site and our Management is glad to learn from your review about the consistentcy in service their team was able to provide you with, during your long stay of nine nights.

I am very much eager to meet you and your daughter soon and so I look forward to hear from you the movement you plan another trip to our beautiful city of lights, Paris in order to assure that you are pampered again and again.

With our very warm regards to your daughter and you,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, near to the Arc de Triomphe, the Champes Élysées and other attractions. Rooms were quite spacious and elegant with beautifully appointed marble bathrooms. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read from your review of your satisfaction regarding your recent stay with us and to know that you enjoyed the location, rooms, attractions and the efficiency and freindliness of our staff.

I truly hope to welcome you back for your future stays in our city.

Best wishes,

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with a group for 4 days
The location is good - everything else is very average and certainly not 5 Star
If it was 3/4 Star and cheaper then ok.
I'm a regular in Paris and certainly won't use it again. A client put me in here and I felt really guilty about them paying so much for so little.
It feeks like a rather shabby old hotel with small, quite noisy rooms.
The reception staff try hard but the night staff were really grumpy when we first arrived.
It's not really bad- but it's just not good enough.

• Stayed October 2013
guestrelationshdc, Responsable relations clients at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken time to write your review on our site concerning your recent stay with us and I am very disappointed to learn that our often appreciated Art Deco of the hotel did not unfortunately meet your expectations.

We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude, especially during the night and I request you to please rest assured that we our Management is taking required actions to improve the situation.

I truly hope that your experience do not deter you from returning to our hotel and I would be delighted to assure that you will abe ccomodated in a spacious and surely a quite room and I request you to not hesitate to contact our service when planning your next stay to our beautiful city, Paris.

With best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Been to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!