“We felt quite pampered.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Save Saved
You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #412 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Medicine Park, Oklahoma
“We felt quite pampered.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from Paris, where we spent nearly 10 days (nine nights at Hotel du Collectionneur). We arrived 5 hours before check in time, and they were happy to show us to our lovely room without hesitation. The staff was very friendly and were always ready to help if we had a question. The hotel lobby smelled WONDERFUL (we decided they must use the limited edition of Papier D'Armenie burning papers to create the exotic and alluring scent)...I don't understand the complaints from those who must have overly sensitive, very prudish noses. They brought chocolate to our room twice per day, Evian water daily and even sent chocolate mousse and champagne to the room for my birthday. WiFi was free of charge (rare at European hotels) and the bed (we had a king standard room) was comfortable. The hotel was very quiet during our stay. Water pressure was great, and the room was impeccably clean. We felt quite pampered during our stay. I will definitely return!!! Love from the American mother and daughter who occupied room 136 for 9 glorious days! Merci!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
With all our love being returned to the American mother and daughter who has been so generous in expressing your feelings about your very glorious and felt quite pampered experience at our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris, a heartfelt "gratitude".

I cannot thank you enough on behalf of our staff members for your kind comments having mentioned on the site and our Management is glad to learn from your review about the consistentcy in service their team was able to provide you with, during your long stay of nine nights.

I am very much eager to meet you and your daughter soon and so I look forward to hear from you the movement you plan another trip to our beautiful city of lights, Paris in order to assure that you are pampered again and again.

With our very warm regards to your daughter and you,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, near to the Arc de Triomphe, the Champes Élysées and other attractions. Rooms were quite spacious and elegant with beautifully appointed marble bathrooms. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read from your review of your satisfaction regarding your recent stay with us and to know that you enjoyed the location, rooms, attractions and the efficiency and freindliness of our staff.

I truly hope to welcome you back for your future stays in our city.

Best wishes,

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with a group for 4 days
The location is good - everything else is very average and certainly not 5 Star
If it was 3/4 Star and cheaper then ok.
I'm a regular in Paris and certainly won't use it again. A client put me in here and I felt really guilty about them paying so much for so little.
It feeks like a rather shabby old hotel with small, quite noisy rooms.
The reception staff try hard but the night staff were really grumpy when we first arrived.
It's not really bad- but it's just not good enough.

• Stayed October 2013
guestrelationshdc, Responsable relations clients at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken time to write your review on our site concerning your recent stay with us and I am very disappointed to learn that our often appreciated Art Deco of the hotel did not unfortunately meet your expectations.

We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude, especially during the night and I request you to please rest assured that we our Management is taking required actions to improve the situation.

I truly hope that your experience do not deter you from returning to our hotel and I would be delighted to assure that you will abe ccomodated in a spacious and surely a quite room and I request you to not hesitate to contact our service when planning your next stay to our beautiful city, Paris.

With best wishes,

Kolkata
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 4 days. The rooms are very small and very average. Not even close to what i expect in a 5 star hotel. But the real shock came when we checked out. The room service said that they give 2 bottles of drinking water everyday complimentary. So when we wanted to settle our bill, we saw they have charged some 120 euros for water. When we said that the room service specified its complimentary, and they didnt even have any receipts. They said we can cry as much as we want but they are gonna charge the amount to our credit card. It was unbelievable. The desk staff is rude and very impersonal. Wont recommend it to anyone. The wifi didnt worked at all.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would for-mostly thank you for spending some of your very precious time to write the review on this web site concerning your recent stay.

I have learnt that you have had an unpleasant stay with us and I thank you for having spoken about your problem which helped us re-look into the details of your problem and billing once again and by means of explanation only, I would like to very kindly bring to your attention that our management provides two complimentary water bottles per day only to guests who are residing in the suites or if their contract with the hotel includes this request.

I would like to take this opportunity to once again apologise for the obvious upset or inconvenience it may have caused you with any kind of miscommunication done.

I also wish to keep you informed that I have re-checked your invoice and except if any error on our part, I confirm you that a rebate of €120 has been done corresponding to 4 water bottles consumed from the mini-bar plus 10 water bottles ordered through room service including the tray charges on two occasions. We additionally removed two charges for the adaptors used from the mini-bar understanding that you were not willing to take them home.

I will dear guest highly appreciate if you may please contact me on my e-mail id guestrelations@thegatecollection.com for any further clarifications you may require concerning the invoice and the billing if an error is still existing and to exchange your comments. I will remain at your entire availability.

I also truly hope that your experience will not deter you from returning to our hotel and I wish that you will give us a second chance to prove that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and I will be more than glad to assist you and ensure that you will have a pleasant stay.

Kind regards,

Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hotel was fine but not really 5 star. Very good location. The double double superior rooms are quite small and there were 4 of us staying in the room and only ever 3 towels provided. The biggest problem was the WIfi which was close to non - existent, not something that I would expect in a 5 star hotel, also the pillows were extremly flat. The Purple Bar is a very nice place to have a couple of drinks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for writing a reveiw on the site concerning your recent stay with us and to learn that you are globally satisfied.

Please also accept my sincere apologies for the concerns you have raised about the number of towels being delivered to your room, the wifi and the quality of our pillows and I truly hope that you contacted our Front office team to find a convenient solution for you during the stay to assure that the problems were solved in place and that the similar situations did not reccur.

I also would like to kindly bring to your attention that our management constantly strive to keep all our prices in line with the hotels of the similar category.

Having enjoyed the location and our Purple bar, I wish that you will not deter from returning to our property and I will look forward that you will contact our Guest Relations department, anytime you will plan another trip to our beautiful city of lights, Paris.
I will be more than glad to return your stay an unforgatable one.

With my very warm regards,

NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We spent three nights here as part of a tour group so I cannot comment on the desk staff. Contact with staff was limited to the breakfast buffet and that was pretty impersonal - just shown to a seat. The buffet was a good selection of bread, fruits, meats, cheese. We enjoyed the food.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had everything we needed. Our room faced the interior courtyard so there was no view except other windows.
The neighborhood surrounding the hotel seemed safe for walking but was mostly office buildings, few shops or restaurants.
I do have to recommend to the ladies to visit the ladies bathroom down a level from the lobby. It was quiet spectacular!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I kindly thank you for having posted your feedback on this website.

I am very happy to learn about your satisfaction concerning our room comforts and the breakfast buffet selection. I am sorry that our very appreciated view into the patio did not meet your choice and if you may contact us for any of your future trips to our city, I will be happy to allocate your room with a different view.

Though I am upset on the fact that our contact with you remained impersonal I am glad you had the opportunity to feel the spectacular impression our ladies bathroom often leaves to our guests who get to visit it.

Truly hoping to see you in near future,

with best wishes,

Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for a week on business. The room was OK but even with the A/C turned all the way up, the room was just barely acceptable. There were 5 of us staying at the hotel and price range from the same room was crazy! My room was 265 euro a night but one of the other travelers with us was paying over 600 euro a night for the same room! The WiFi internet was just barely acceptable for Skype or Tango calls. The location of the hotel was convenient to lots of restaurants and walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe and everything else. The subway system makes it easy to get around Paris. We eat in the Purple bar one night and the cheapest drink was 20 euro and the appetizer platters were each about 28 euro.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard - not the street - way to noisy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your very precious time to share your impressions with us following your stay and I am very pleased to learn that your had a globally satisfied stay among us.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that all your comments have been reviewed by our Management with the concerning heads of the departments in order to take required measures to render every guest with a pleasant stay.

Concerning the prices for the hotel, by means of explanation only, they fluctuate very regularly depending on the level of occupancy, activities in the city, week-ends and several others. Hotels also often sell certain number of bookings to agencies or companies who promise to fill in the numbers and so it is true that guests may find at times our public tarif more expensive than with few of the agencies on line but with often conditions attached like pre-payment, non-Refundable etc also.

Understanding your disappointment, I would wish to propose you or your friends to please do not hesistate to contact our Guest Relations team for any of your future plans to visit our city Paris. I will be more than glad to assist you with your reservation process and will ensure that you will have a very pleasant stay with us.

Thank you once again for your contribution. They will certainly help us to improve the quality of our services.

With kind regards,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Been to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!