“A Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #353 of 1,791 Hotels in Paris
Lincoln
“A Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

A great all-round hotel to stay in, staff were very attentive couldn't do enough for you! We can thoroughly recommend upgrading to the executive package this is well worth the money. We stayed 2 nights for my wife's birthday our first trip to Paris and the hotel and staff made it even more memorable we will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: The executive floor is really good value.(6th floor)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I can not thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback with our team who will be glad to know that their efforts did contribute to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future for many more such special occasions.

Kind regards,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel used to be chain operated and changed it's management. The new GM became member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts and with his team he brings new elan to this hotel. Centrally located and impressive meeting space and private parking for a hotel in the centre of Paris. Also try the courtyard terrace

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having taken out some of your very precious time to keep us informed of your impression regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff and our Management, so rest assured that we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

Thanking you once again on behalf of our General Manager and truly hoping to welcome you back in not so distant future, I request you to please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations department prior to your arrival to our beautiful city of Paris and our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

With our very warm regards,

Guest Relations Assistant Manager
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights as part of 21 Day Romantic Seine & Rhone Paris to Barcelona APT tour in June 2013. The room is spacious and well equipped. The front desk staffs are very helpful and housekeeping staff are very attentive. I really enjoyed their breakfast buffet every morning as they have wide choice of delicious cold and hot food available. They also offer free Wi-Fi access to their hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back with us to our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris in not so distant future.

Best wishes,

Guest Relations Assistant Manager
Tehran, Iran
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

When I decided to travel to paris the travel agency purposed three hotel : Novotel in les Halles ,Scrib and Du Collectionneur. Because of the date of flight somehow I prefer to choose Du Collectionneur ,although it was not our first Choice
Since arrival till the last day which are 8 days everything seem good ,the house keeping,clerk behavior ,the hotel location and etc.
But in the check out something odd happend to us that caused to Change our mind about hospitality .At first day of arrival we drank 2 bottles of water that where in the minibar after that we put the bottles of water wich are free or we bought them from the store in the minibar in the same place to keep them cool.

In the check out they counted all 6 bottles that we put them in the minibar and they did not accept my explanation and force me to pay about 50 € for bottles which are free or we bought ourselves .so I had to double pay for bottles ,first in store then in hotel .

My regret is the 5* hotel did not accept its guest explanation and prefer to believe that the guest is lying than accept that may be they made mistake .
They told me that it is electronical and can not do anything for me.
Now I 'm regret that why I didn't choose the other hotels maybe this bad and sad memory of Paris and Parisian didn't happen.

• Stayed August 2013
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Mrs.Mastaneh,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel du Collectionneur and for your constructive feedback about your recent stay with us.

The incident relate has been taken most seriously and was reported to our general manager. We would like to assure you that a proper action plan has been established with our Front Office team in order to ensure this kind of situation does not reoccur in the future.

I am grateful for your feedback and bringing this issue to our attention as you give us a chance to correct the encountered issue.

I sincerely trust that we will find a way for making amends for this less than satisfactory first stay and I do hope that you should have the occasion to return to Paris, you would consider to stay with us again. Please trust that we will seize the opportunity of providing you the quality of service that we are known for.

Arc de Triomphe
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This beautiful French Chateau Hotel in the heart of beautiful Paris was a the perfect location to be at close to lots of major outdoor refine cafes, close to major famous shopping district in Champs De Elyssee and also the hotel is just a 10 minute walk to the famous Arch which is one of Paris landmark in the city and off couse the famous Eiffel Tower which is about a 30 min walk or a 10 min by cab.
The lobby is so inviting with a nice smell of beautiful scented candles around the lobby area, the staff are very friendly, courteous, and professional , and the rooms are the utmost.
They have views all over the city area overlooking different parts of the quaint beautiful town and lovely chateau hotels with small alleys around the area.
It's a great place to stay at the Du Collectionneur and I truly highly recommend this hotel because of the great services received and the perfect location.

Room Tip: The Rooms on the Executive Floors are the best and the rooms were very clean, nice clean bathrooms a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Greg M,

Thank you so much for such nice review posted on this website.

I am so glad to learn that you had a great stay with us. It is a real pleasure to read that you appreciated our hotel in all aspects such as our perfect location and services provided.

I really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Hotel du Collectionneur in the near future. Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations team directly when you wish to visit us again.

Best regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My Wife and children aged 10 and 6 stayed here for one night in August on route to Provence. We had a double double room. The room was fine but nothing special. Breakfast was very nice but very expensive at 34 Euros. The general service and helpfulness of the staff was again ok but not of a 5 Star standard. The one thing that completely ruined our night stay was the buliding work that started at 6.45 a.m. The noise was horrendous with very loud drilling and hammering on the floor above our room. The level of noise must have affected everyone in the hotel. After getting to bed rather late the night before after a long drive and trying to squeeze in some sight seeing, being woken up to this at 6.45 is not what you need. I complained at checkout, had an apology and was told that it was vital improvement works. Whilst of course hotles need upgrading and maintaining, what kind of 5 Star hotel management authorise works of this nature to start at 6.45am??

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Nicolas,

First of all we would like to thank you for your precious time to share your review on TripaAdvisor following your recent family stay in Paris.

I sincerely regret to learn that your stay with us was disrupted by construction work which currently taking place behind our hotel, outside of our property.

As a means of explanation only, the construction behind our property is outside of our reach. We had only been informed very late that some deeper and noisy works were to carried out, but the extent of disruption these would cause was not made as clear to us. I am terribly sorry that this has impacted your stay. Rest assured that your comment raised have been duly viewed with our management.

Despite the encountered issues, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you once more and we will do our utmost to ensure that you receive the impeccable hospitality we strive to offer to our guest.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We (myself, my wife and two young daughters) arrived an hour or so before check-in. Staff were very nice and offered to try and have our room ready as soon as possible. Went to the hotel's 'purple bar' with the intention of having a cold drink while we waited, it was a hot day. The prices were so outrageous I was reluctant to buy anything. Fortunately, one of the desk staff arrived with our keys before I caved in and ordered a drink. The room was comfortable, and a good size for a family of four. A small bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates on returning to our room on our second night was a nice touch. Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. We never had four towels, and on a couple of nights were not provided face washers. A request for two extra pillows and a face washer resulted in one pillow and a shaving kit being provided. This could have been explained by the language barrier I suppose. The credit card hold fee was not removed from my card at the end of our stay and I had to follow the hotel up to have it removed. Overall, a good hotel, but not a great one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for having chosen the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris for your recent stay and also for posting your constructive feedback on this website.

I sincerely regret that we failed in meeting your expectation during your stay. I shared your feedback to the Heads of concerning departments and rest assured that serious actions have been taken in order to avoid this kind of experience reoccur in the future.

We hope that you accept our sincere apologise and please do not hesitate to contact our service if you wish to visit Paris for another occasion.